New Kirk Hammett LTD Purple Sparkle Ouija

Updated
New Kirk Hammett LTD Purple Sparkle Ouija

Just saw this over in reddit. Seems like someone over at Guitar Centre got ahead of themselves.

Finally something from  LTD line appears visually more alike with the ESP versions (I.e. Unpainted neck, no model number on 24th fret)

https://www.reddit.com/r/espguitars/comments/cu5moe/guitar_center_accidentally_leaked_ltd_hammetts/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

James H.

Very nice!

I will hopefully have my pair soon. November is just around the corner.

RJ_ESP_Fan

My red one arrived yesterday   I'll get some better pictures this weekend.

Guiguitarz

Yeeeaaahhh ! 

Pinian

Now that is a wall of awesome

Pushead

Photos that plump when you cook them. Bump for larger photos.

Phillip B.

ESP 348

Yep, red one looks the best IMO.

Congrats again and enjoy man.

ESP 348

I can see why Big Daddy, it's definitely a gorgeous guitar also.

Snakebite

I kinda want this ts808 now.

Alamodome

It’s almost a must. Kinda like the KH95 with my KH2SE greenburst. 

ESP 348

Lol wow, which came first? The pedal the guitar?

Snakebite

IIRC Ibanez announced it beginning of this year, the 40th anniversary limited edition.

Alamodome

The pedal over three years ago and the SE last year. I just never posted any pics. I hope to change out my hardware soon to black as it came with black c. 

Alamodome

Looking more at the pictures of this red ESP version there is definitely more sparkle than the LTD version for sure as Big Daddy said earlier in this post. 

Henrik S.

This puple Ouija was sold from a musicstore in California.

Joelski

Mine was waiting when I got home from work yesterday. I paid $1.369 for it and the shipping box was wrecked and the ESP carton was damp on one side (A pox on FedEx), Luckily the goods were unmolested. Case is sweet, light on case candy, but the COA was in there along with the bubble pack containing the trem bar, wrenches, etc. Props to ESP for including a really nice case. Hell, PRS adds a gig bag unless you're buying a 6k 10 top. The guitar itself is a thing to behold. Granted, the pups should've had the decal applied, but that's a minor snivel; I'm sure ESP melted plenty of EMG's trying to get the process down to an acceptable time period per unit, or some money shit like that... The finish is flawless and a testament to ESP/LTD's ability to shoot uncommon colors. Anybody can sling black paint, but when you get into boat/helmet flake, it takes some talent to get it right (or at least some horrifically expensive robots!). No runs, chips or ripples in the paint, or the urethane clearcoat, which I'm sure adds over a pound to this guitar's weight to level all of that texture.

The EMG KH model pickups are on point for edgy, lead tones and can still throw some djent for spiffers. The bridge cuts through and the neck pup is great for hard/heavy rock and metal rhythm guitar pounding. The frets are huge and shiny and play is fast and smooth. The neck actually feels and looks a tiny bit thinner than an KH-602 I had about ten years ago. The finish on the neck is irritating and won't last long before I sand it away and replace it with tung oil. The tuners are a little jumpy, but hey, they aren't the worst either. The trem is an FR 1000, and just works. Controls are decent, no scratch or grabbing noted. There is good treble roll-off with reducing volume. 1-3 way switch and 2 volumes, 1 tone pot. If you plan on swapping in Schaller strap locks, you will need larger diameter screws; the stock ones are large, but don't come off for re-use.

Overall, this is a very nice guitar, impressive for the money and you get a lot  for that money. In this day and age, looks are everything and the paintwork on this guitar is amazing, but falls in line with ESP's quality standards. I'm not sure how limited this run will be, but they can stop any time; I've got mine and am pretty happy with it.

ESP 348

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Ouija Joelski, that was a great.

Which colour did you get? Any pics while you're at it?

Joelski

This is what I found on my porch after work. The porch is dry, so the box was left like this with no explanation or anything; like this is normally how FedEx does business... Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. Thankfully, the guitar and case were safe and dry.

This is what I found inside the destroyed boxes:

Thank God it was okay!

That flake is insane

And the inlays are correct. That sold me as well.

She fits in nicely. My previous one I did.

ESP 348

I know G is making some red and purple sparkle Ouija pickup covers for these LTDs early next year which should be pretty awesome.

I just saw on a Facebook forum another option for those who might be interested in giving them a go.

They are vinyl decals for the pickups on these LTD Ouijas. It looks like they had a decent crack at making them and the price is cheap enough to consider giving them a go if anyone is interested.

Here is a link on Ebay if anyone wants to check them out. They have the Natural Ouija ones also.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184018809016?fbclid=IwAR3FGQ8Eyvrn9uPMhSSBibMpxjcKclTSiOPvPXURMaT-Ir5rGq2y14yMGmM

Guiguitarz

Yeah I'm on my way Pap ! 

Getting ready for 24 sets of Natural Ouija pickup covers, and have materials to do 36 more sets

Here's some pictures of my progress,

Quilted maple hand-selected from an eco-friendly forest in France.

Tondog

Looks like these are already sold out or something.

ESP 348
Tondog wrote:

Looks like these are already sold out or something.

Yep, I think they all sold out very quickly.

Post to Thread