New Kirk Hammett LTD Purple Sparkle Ouija

Updated
New Kirk Hammett LTD Purple Sparkle Ouija

Just saw this over in reddit. Seems like someone over at Guitar Centre got ahead of themselves.

Finally something from  LTD line appears visually more alike with the ESP versions (I.e. Unpainted neck, no model number on 24th fret)

https://www.reddit.com/r/espguitars/comments/cu5moe/guitar_center_accidentally_leaked_ltd_hammetts/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Raf
Jonathan T.

Ahh!

I don't have a well known dealer nearby ... what's the best way to try and snag an ESP model?

Raf

No other choice than ordering to an official dealer I think

Jonathan T.

Any recommendations? I can't imagine an order through Guitar Center is going to be successful..

Raf

I could recommand you very good dealers in Europe if you want ;-)

Jonathan T.

Hah!

James H.

Only 50 LTD'S will be coming into Canada. What colours, I have no clue. No info on the number of ESP'S. I would think only 1-2 if it is like the Natural Ouija.

Daniel K.

Jonathan T, i would recommend GearOrphanage.com, AxePalace.com or Drumcityguitarland.com.  These are all really good guys and they deal in high end guitars daily.  All are certified ESP dealers.  Oh and check out the ESP "One" guitar at Drum City.  It is a replica of the guitar Hammett used on the One Video.  So badass and the price isn't unreasonable.  I have ordered from Gear (ESP natural Ouija) and Axe. (Devin Townsend stormbender).  Both dealers where great to work with. I've contacted DrumCity and they also have been great for info and I would/will order from them hopefully in the near future  (One Guitar)!

Philippe S.

I found this type of business model really disappointing.  The master as the right to keep is guitar for him, but he should do so without signing a contract with ESP.  For that purpose there is plenty of talented luthier like kenneth lawrence.  Otherwise this price tag of 12k with ultra limited edition is not justified.  Indeed, the same 20 people will have the opportunities to own all is limited guitar.  Limited edition should be to please his die hard fan and no justification to sell LTD guitar that have nothing in comparison ( Darker color without painted puck up).  We should all boycott those guitars if we want the business model to be change.

alebtart

Interestingly, this will be the 2nd time Kirk's KH-2 model will come with Locking Tuners (this time Gotoh instead of Sperzels)

Also interestingly, the spec sheet says "Standard" strap buttons but show Schaller Locking Strap Buttons - I've never understood why this has never come standard especially since they use it on all of their guitars + James's model have them as standard. Don't think it'd add much more to the price

ESP 348

That's interesting man, I didn't pick up on that. Well spotted and I agree with you.

Luis Fialho

I can't decide which guitar to buy ... I was going to buy LTD Vulture in December but now there will be these limited edition .. I don't know what to do ... And I also don't know what color to choose if I buy one.

ESP 348

Forget the LTD Vulture for now, purchase this guitar in both colours. There won't be too many of you guys out there that will be buying both colours.

alebtart

Also appears to be 30 pieces of each colour for the ESP models.

Luis Fialho

Does anybody know a European store that will sell these guitars?

Raf

In Belgium you have Omega Music. They already posted on FB

Luis Fialho

Thanks for the info

Jonathan T.

ESP models are all gone, fyi.

Edit: You may still be able to get one from a dealer that bought one. They're just no longer available from ESP as an order, if that makes sense..

ProfessorExp

Soooo.... Anybody here good at airbrushing pickups? Unfortunately strngthbyndstrngth is no longer with us RIP

ESP 348

Well, there you go. They have finally made an official announcement.

They both look great, hoping everyone gets whichever guitar they desire.

ESP 348

I also noticed it lists the ESP guitars as having Ebony fretboards

The pictures look like they have Rosewood fretboards and I reckon Kirk's stage guitars also looked like Rosewood fretboards.

The natural Ouija has an Ebony fretboard.

I hope they actually make them with Ebony fretboards, that would be cool.

Post to Thread