Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Andrew J.

I have an LTD M-207, serial number 99018933. What can you tell me about the guitar?

Pushead

Should be from around 2000. Basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. Licensed Floyd, Duncan Designed pickups.

You can find out more from the catalog: https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/084/ESP-2000-Catalog.pdf?1392144605

Evan R.

Hey I have an Ltd ec1000t I bought used I was wondering if someone could tell me more about it based on the serial code? It’s a Korean made, the code is US11060102

Pushead

It looks to be a 2014 LTD M-50. Wes F.

Wes F.

Great thanks bruh I have a vintage ltd sig series case blue inside I dont think there a match but I got the case for 20 bucks...are they desired by the guys who have the signature  guitars and  no signature  case

Ishizava K.

Hi, I have an ESP Snakebyte, serial number SS1108213. Here are some pictures that should kind of Sperzel Locking Tuners life, and there are Gotoh Locking Tuners. What can you tell me about the guitar, is it fake or original?

James M.

Standard series, made in 2011, the 8th week of that year on the 2nd day of that week, 13th off the line of that day,  so that would have come from their standard series factory in Japan sometime in 2011 around end of February beginning of March

Pushead

Sorry to say that even with those terrible photos, it's easy to tell that the guitar is a fake.

Kevin C.

Could you please tell me in what year was it made? Thanx!

Pushead

It's a 2008 model.

Olivier j.

hi,

Can you tell me if this guitar is fake or not and what yeahr it was made plz?

its suppose to be a LTD EC 1000 deluxe VB.

Thank you.

Pushead

It's legit. A 2017 model.

brian r.

Hey - I've just bought an M-1 super-strat, which I believe is from the 80s. Could you confirm any details about it It has different serials on the headstock (6252) and neckplate (01876)so I think that means it is custom shop, but again - would love any details you have!

Pushead

Definitely 80s, retains a lot of the look of the Kramers they were building then. Separate HS and body serial numbers were common. Necks were made at different times than bodies.

Don't get worked up about "custom shop" because what that would have meant in the 80s vs what that means today are two completely different things. They were just putting bodies from one area together with a neck from another area and maybe painting them ordered colors. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a very nice guitar, but there wasn't a separate "custom shop" making higher quality guitars in those days.

brian r.

thanks!

9milli

Studio Gears dealer exclusive. Love the paint!  Can you tell me what year?  Kinda funny the trust rod cover doesn't say M1000??

W16070447 

Edit: after looking at the other posts and replies, it's a 2016, right?  Why no m1000 cover tho?  

Pushead

It's a 2016. ESP didn't start with the model number on the truss rod cover until late 2017, when they removed the model name from the 12th fret (which was the case on most models.)

9milli

Thanks! 

Russ B.

Hi, I'd be dead grateful for any info on this Viper?  Cheers

Olschool

Hello.

I just bought ESP LTD SC-20 See Thru Green Stephen Carpenter signature model and it has been as a model guitar in a shop, so I'd like to know a little bit of a background story of this beauty. What would be the year of manufacture and if you could tell me some other factory information? These are basically stupid questions, cause this model was re-issued last year as a 20 year celebration of Stephen's first signature model, but thank you beforehand.

Post to Thread