My Metallica collection

Updated
My Metallica collection

Hi Guys (and girls maybe?),

Already some weeks now that I joined the forum without being really active.  So now I'll take a few minutes to present myself and of course my guitar collection.

I'm living in Belgium, you know this small country just above France? :-) 

As a Metallica fan, I bought my first LTD 6 or 7 years ago.  It was a EX-50.  Then I bought a KH-25, a EX-400, a white zombie and a Nosferatu.  You all know how the virus grows!  So I bought my first real ESP after a while.  It was a Vintage.  Lovely guitar!  I made me sell all my LTD's except one.  Now I keep looking at eBay and reverb, buying and selling if needed.  Some of them are now my dreams guitars and should stay in the collection.

What I own now :

Papa Het : Grey Truckster (SS), black Iron Cross and white Iron Cross

Kirk : KH-SE, KH Relic, KH-2 NTB (SS), Gibson flying V (sorry, no ESP, but still a great one!) and LTD Nosferatu.

Out of Metallica, I also have a RZK-1 that I'm selling.  Sometimes you have to make choices ...

I hope you'll like the pictures ;-)

kirkfan30

cool collection, good to see they are more people in Belgium besides me that are collecting Het sigs. I have the only real KL in belgium I think... I also have a JH1 and 3 , alle original :-)

Raf

Thanks!  Nice to see other Belgian people here :-)

Raf
kirkfan30 wrote:

cool collection, good to see they are more people in Belgium besides me that are collecting Het sigs. I have the only real KL in belgium I think... I also have a JH1 and 3 , alle original :-)

Just a question : your name is kirkfan and you collect Hetfield guitars?  

Connor L.

Love em! I'll never get tired of seeing a Black Iron Cross. The LTD edition has made me bored of the snow white one :/

Raf
Connor L. wrote:

Love em! I'll never get tired of seeing a Black Iron Cross. The LTD edition has made me bored of the snow white one :/

I understand your point of view, but once you play it, you completely forget the boring ltd look

kirkfan30

Haha true, good comment! I started out as a kirk collector but I had the chance to buy lots and lots of hetfield guitars. Currently saving up for my second KL. Esp is good but KL is just another league IMHO

Raf

I really would like to see a KL in real!

Do you have pictures ?

ESP 348

Hello Raf! Thanks for sharing picture of your collection, you have some great guitars there.

What other KH guitars are you looking at buying next?

Raf

Hi,

for the moment I avoid ebay and reverb.  We just bought a new house, so we have other costs ;-)

But in a next future, I’d like to get a Ouija, or maybe a KH-20

kirkfan30

A ouija is really nice for sure, would love to own one myself but they are overpriced in the current market in my opinion... reverb has a couple now and they sell very difficult at their current price setting. 

Pics of KL

Brian6262

Your KL makes me jealous every time I see it here lol. It looks like you take real good care of it which is nice to see

Raf

Totally agree! The prices are just crazy now!

Looking at your pictures, I think my next one could also be a KL.  Just wonderful!

kirkfan30

I can promise you KL’s are just in a league of their own... esp’s are very very good, don’t get me wrong, especially the custom shop ones but KL’s are just better IMHO. I am saving up for a second one. Custom build like this would set you back +8k euro after taxes and everything... be prepared to pay big! 

Guiguitarz

Man ! Reeeaaally nice collection, the Black Truckster is missing to complete the set of James' LPs.

Nice pictures too,

Have a nice day,

-G.

Raf

Thanks!  I already had a black Truckster, but I try to keep only the limited or CS ones ;-)

AK

Great collection!! \m/

Post to Thread