Dracula tribute complete

Updated
Dracula tribute complete

Well, it took 7 months but it is finally done.

Overall it looks pretty good I think. There are a few issues, like the "KH" initials on the headstock that I am not happy abou but life goes on. Second is I was supposed to have EMG actives and an ashtray installed, but the paint was done with the original HZ's in place. So, it has passive pickups and no battery tray.

On to the next one. I'm thinking it will be a "Bride" but will keep tighter reigns on this one.

-James

Pushead

Looks pretty good. Congrats!

MissingLink

looks great who did it?

James H.

An offshore custom builder did it for me. As it is just a display/conversation piece I didn't really care about the playability of it. Turns out it is not that bad. Requires a proper fret level, crowning, polishing and setup. After that it could be quite playable. 

ESP 348

Looks good in that crap pic. Thanks for sharing man.

James H.

Lol. Yeah, the camera in my tablet is for crap.

I need to take some better picks of the family. Maybe my S9+ will do better.

Pushead

Helpful photography hint; keep the sun/windows behind the camera, not behind the subject. Along the side is ok, but if it's in the shot, the photo will suffer for it.

James H.

Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that.

I have never been a fan of photography. I respect the art, I just do not have an eye for it.

Philippe S.

Very nice guitar!

How much does cost an airbrush job?

James H.

The inlay work and hand painting (not air brushed) was just under $700 usd.

Philippe S.

Excellent, I was forecasting 1000 - 2000 USD.  Starting to think from my side to order a custom design based on Kirt guitars

91horizon

so its a fake? 

James H.

Did they ever make a real one available to the general public?

It is an ESP LTD that I had painted as a tribute to Kirk's original. It will never be available for sale. So I seen no harm in having it as a novelty for myself.

91horizon

Oh okay so it's an LTD you had done up I understand now. I thought you had the whole guitar made in China or wherever you said offshore. Very cool. I realize they didn't make that exact paint job I just thought the whole guitar was a copy. I like it alot looks pretty cool congrats.

Post to Thread