Hetfield and Hammett guitars at the museum.

Updated
Hetfield and Hammett guitars at the museum.

Hi guys.

I went to a Metallica show last night and I bought the Whiplash ticket and it gave me acces to the museum. 

You could even play on the the guitars,  so I have played on the number #1 KH-2 Relic .Insane!!!

Later on some dude dropped the KH on the floor and the neck broke,Holy F... I will try to find that picture later.

So here comes some pictures of it. Enjoy.

Breadfan32

Can't say I'm surprised somebody dropped the KH.  Anybody can handle them.  When I was in the lounge nobody was around to even monitor anybody holding the guitars.  Its a shame it broke.  Did kirk even play that guitar live?  It's not his original even though it says No.1.  I think that was the first guitar from the relic run? 

Guiguitarz

Yes it's the N°001 of the 2001's RELIC run. Alex has the N°000 

ESP 348

Thanks lads, I should have known it was Ebony just from looking at the grain.

Henrik S.

I thought it was the original one back from the Black album days.

Metaddict

Does his MX have the staggered Sperzel Locking Tuners?

ESP 348

Might be just the angle of the pic I think mate.

GuitarsCollector

Hey  Henrik S. did you find the pic of the broken relic 001?

It will be interesting...thanks. I can't believe it!!!

http://www.guitarscollector.com/2001---2001---esp-kh-2-relic--limited-100-p.-.html

ESP 348

PM sent Alex!

Tondog

Second! I'd like to see that one.

Guiguitarz

These ones ?!

dubster82

Such a shame! it was a brilliant playing guitar, I wanted one after playing it, it felt real nice to me.

Tondog

I take it this was the "before" it was destroyed pic? What actually happened to it?

AK

If you look closely you will notice that around the high E tuner there is a massive crack.

ESP 348

If you read the earlier comments mate, it was dropped and must have landed on the head stock end which cracked it. :(

Breadfan32

Pics of the headstock are broken.  It’s been posted twice in this thread now.  

Tondog

Yeah but where?! 

Tondog

Actually I was expecting an exploded guitar and was half mocking what constituted "broken" given their guitar history in Metallica. Kirk has even stated that breaking the headstock makes them sound better for some reason. James mentioned that his EET FUK was better sounding after several fixes of that one.

Henrik S.

The only pics I have GuitarsCollector is those Guiguitarz reposted

pork loving infidel

awesome pics. do you have photos of kh-3? i am a huge fan of this guitar. hopefully one day i will be able to order a kh-3 custom shop

Post to Thread