ESP S/Key Camo on Ebay - real?

Updated
ESP S/Key Camo on Ebay - real?

The inlays are not the S and Key that I know of...is this fake or does anyone know the story? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-Jeff-Hannemann-CAMO-S-KEYS-1-of-only-4-worldwide-ultra-rare-collectors-item/

Trigger

That's not 'S' it's 'N' and that's not right

Stian H.

ESP 348

Interesting guitar, would love to know more about it if anyone knows.

DanieLibuy

I wouldn't buy that sh*t even if I could.

Pushead

If I were looking to get $6k for a guitar, I'd include more than two photos.

Definitely not the "correct" S&key that I've seen, but I'm not familiar with all of Jeff's guitars (or Nazi symbology). Maybe this inlay matches Jeff's personal guitar.

ESPEXP

"Kiso wrong labled SS (Signature Series) serial instead of K as there was a problem in 2004 with the new serial system coming in use.  ESP has verified this guitar and its bought from ESP dealer in 2004.".... is what the guy wrote in the auction so this tells me that the serial number starts with a "SS" like some of the chinese fakes have been labeling their ESP guitars. They weren't labeling guitars SS back in 2004 I don't believe.

dvillain

Well - there was actually weird serial numbers and such with that guitar, but his explanation seems a little bullshitty. I would like to see said verification :-)

ESPEXP

Correction...I looked at some authentic examples of this guitar and the ones I did see start with "SS".

Stian H.

BlackJack21

This looks like the "modified" version of the S&Key inlays. I believe the inlays were altered to this because of the whole Nazi thing, as I think it's illegal in some countries to own Nazi paraphernalia, so maybe that was one of the reasons why they were switched? I could be off base, but I think that's what I remember hearing when these came out. I'm not a Hannemann fan so I'm not sure.

Maybe HateEvent could chime in?

ESPEXP

Yea looking more at it, its looking more legit... just weird to look at with those inlays and it's possible that's why they are different. 

ESPEXP

Erick ESP_KKV Have you seen these inlays before?

HateEvent

The whole Kiso thing is a load of shit. They are Sig Series models and have the associated SS serials. 2004 was the first year this happened (SS and CS of the same guitars - same for the KH-2 Neck Thru).

ESP were all set to make them in both SS and CS form, but they got ‘outlawed’ before it got that far. The 12x Black examples are all CS though (unsure if K or T).

This is a legit guitar though, either just this one or possibly 2 of them with this particular type of the inlay. This is the ‘PC’ version, whereas my old one (now dvillain’s!) is the more conventional type inlay, which is also what all 12x black ESP and 48x black LTD examples have.

HateEvent

Also, this is priced far too low. The lack of pictures and the corresponding price made me question the legitimacy of the ad. Perhaps the seller is just a bit unaware.

Stian H.

No im just lazy. Its mine btw. I do have the 2006 eagle inlayed too. All real

HateEvent
Stian H. wrote:

No im just lazy. Its mine btw. I do have the 2006 eagle inlayed too. All real

You’re really underselling it - get that price up!  

EXPcustom

Yes, these were done in 2004 in an attempt to "PC" the guitar for the German market. Jeff personally hated the inlay and I think after these four they did away with it. Remember from 04 to 08 SS series were still 100% Japan made guitars.

Most people don't know but Jeff had a signature guitar he was about to release with the LAH inlay or Leibstandarte(sp?) Adolph Hitler but nothing came of it. I believe there are a few prototypes of that inlayed guitar sitting at ESP USA.

To answer the OP, yes very real and I believe only sold in Germany.

Stian H.

i posted new pics on that ebay auction. wondering on keeping it :-)

Stian H.

alebtart

What's with the more rounded control cavity at the back?

Stian H.

dvillain

Mine has that too. 

Road King

I thought Sig series started in 2006. Standard series in 2003. Very unique guitar though!

Stian H.

ESP 348

Thanks for the info Hate and EXP. All great stuff.

Stian H.

Its mine and its authentic yes. The first Camo Kiso build with S&K all the way and later corrected it to tilted :-) Verified by Kiso and support. camo template cavities electronics all is 2004. Kiso build alot of Signatures Series so the new labeing system made him stamp it SS and not like some KH2 "custom shop".

Post to Thread