Rate the New Kirk Hammett ESP Recent Custom Guitars

Updated
Rate the New Kirk Hammett ESP Recent Custom Guitars

what a wild 6 months or so it seems to have been I can't really recall a time where they released 3 KH guitars this fast (I did not include the LTD purple sparkle, the white zombie even though that was either an ltd from back a bit or the white zombie ESP custom as well as the LTD demonology and other recent LTD's NOSFERATU or i think im missing one more.... but out of the ESP demonology guitar ESP ouija natural and the coming ESP purple sparkle. which one appeals to you the most ? why ?

which KH sig or custom do you use the most or in your opinion find to be your favorite ? Why ?

Road King

I like the two 2009 ouijas and the KH-20 simply for the ebony boards and lack of scallops. White Ouija is my favorite. Purple sparkle would be a top 3 KH guitar with an ebony board.

ESPEXP

The ESP White Zombie...painted by same artist who did Kirk's and not a lot of people will have it. Also, out of all of these guitars....he plays the Zombie the most. I don't forsee the purple sparkle, demonology, natural ouija lasting as long in his rotation. 

dubster82

Apparently, the white Zombie wasn't 'painted' by anyone... 

ESP 348

I think we will see the purple spark used A LOT over the next 10 years.

He is obviously using the Zombie and Mummy still, but I still believe that the Mummy will eventually be retired as will Caution.

So he will play the last part of his career with the purple sparkle and Zombie guitar I reckon.

ESP 348

Which is my favourite of the latest 3 Kirk Hammett guitars??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

ALL of them!

ESP 348

Which is my favourite Hammett guitar of all time??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

ALL of them!

Lukie Luke

Which is your favourite to play man?

load more replies (5 of 5)
dubster82

Why do you think he'll retire 'Caution'?

ESP 348

Although I am sure he owns a few different variants of it, I reckon he will hang that up and carry on using the purple sparkle more over the last part of his career.

Out of all the latest KH guitars released, he seems to keep flogging the purple guitar. And the Zombie of course, but I see a lot of footage these days with Kirk playing that purple guitar.

I don't know man, we will see what happens over time.

Pushead
dubster82 wrote:

Apparently, the white Zombie wasn't 'painted' by anyone... 

There have been reports that some of Kirk's monster guitars aren't painted, but are digitally printed (not sure if it's a wrap, or literally printed on the guitar.) The Dracula guitar is the one people point out. Kirk has (at least) three of them, including two different layouts. One of them (allegedly) has a pretty low res print that you can see the pixels on, like they use a small .jpg to print instead of a full vector.

But you can't deny photos from the people who have CS White Zombies and can see that the art is being painted on.

dubster82

I think it's more than definite to assume that not all Kirk's guitars are painted. He has like 5 mummy's. I'm not denying these new White Zombie's are painted, but according to Chris Compston (the original artist of Kirk's monster guitars and ESP's go to Airbrush artist in the states), Kirk's White Zombie guitar was designed on a computer and is a vinyl wrap, as is Nosferatu. Maybe they painted the new ones because they're not allowed to use the 'original graphic'. Who knows?

dubster82

On a side note, I've played one of the Dracula guitars. 

ESP 348

Great pics BD!

NRudy

@bd did you order the purple sparkle ? did you end up getting the white zombie ESP ?

to all else that ordered a white zombie how long did it take to make ? what changes might you have made from the one kirk uses ? its painted or airbrushed ?

by the same artist who did kirk's monster guitars... by  hand.. ?

i personally prefer to use as my main guitar the esp kh-2 vintage 2016 guitar it plays very nicely. out of the recent ones the nicest for me is the esp 2017 ouija nat. then purple sparkle/custom.

BlackJack21

Per Dave R.

Guiguitarz

Yep, What a mistake I made this day , because in fact, I'm working on my Mummy V2 and I'll reach details  ...

dubster82

Guiguitarz

Yeahh, I was not so wrong  Thank you Brian for this ! Very interesting !

BlackJack21

He may be referring to the LTD models that they were showcasing instead of Kirk's actual guitars.

dubster82
BlackJack21 wrote:

He may be referring to the LTD models that they were showcasing instead of Kirk's actual guitars.

He wasn't

ESP 348

Lol, ok. That's rather interesting lol.

BlackJack21

I still don't understand why people continue to believe that Kirk's guitars aren't painted. Yea the design might be done in photoshop, but it doesn't mean it was printed on. Why wouldn't you create a design or make a guide in PS before you painted the graphic on?

I have two painted White Zombies, so why couldn't Kirk have 5 painted Mummys? Is it too far fetched? No but instead he uses the cheap decals they have available on the LTD models. If you're questioning ESP's painting skills or their abilities to make unimaginable guitars, you should check out the insane custom work they do, and why wouldn't Kirk (practically the face of ESP, and in the biggest metal band in the world) have the best of the best is beyond me.

I believe Chris probably painted Kirk's Bride, and his Frankenstein (since they were featured at the exhibit), but also created the graphic decals for the LTD White Zombie, and Nosferatu production models. While Kirk's actual Mummys and Zombies were created by his Japanese artist. That's just my two cents.

ESPEXP

What's next....Hetfield's inlays are actually decals?! 

Post to Thread