New Het sig coming......

Updated
New Het sig coming......

Anybody else see this yet??

Breadfan32

Yup.  I'd really like to see a new Hetfield finish other than white black or grey.  Looking forward to seeing more pics of this. 

I wonder what finish the neck has since he is sanding down on the necks on his gloss finish guitars? 

ESP 348

Ok, that's very nice to look at.

We will see what happens eh.

Guiguitarz

Really nice axe ! It seems like the band are all getting closer to the Purple theme ... Even the picks turned Purple over the green.

dubster82

They're all just playing catch-up to Papa Het 

Breadfan32

That makes sense! 

Thought something look off with that snakebyte now I know!

Kinda disappointed its a baritone.  Can't see that getting released. 

dubster82

I wondered how it'd look when he told me. I wondered if they'd rearrange more than just moving the bridge back. It looks different but not as bad as I imagined it could. The finish takes your eyes off it I think.

dubster82

I'm actually surprised (ish) that they didn't release a camo Snakebyte this year. 

ESPEXP

Probably because its a KUIU pattern and ESP doesn't have the rights (...yet).

dubster82

Good advertising for them if they did a run, but the owner of the company seems to think it's a wrap on hetfields guitar, WHAT A DUMMY! What does he know eh? Everyone knows you can't put a wrap on a guitar... 

Pushead

You can tell by the extra length between pickups. The body looks longer than normal, but maybe that's just the angle the photo is taken at.

dubster82

Yeah, in that pic I thought they'd gotten away with moving the bridge down but after I posted I looked at a standard one and thought they maybe had lengthened out the body too. I haven't had a chance to have a proper look.

Road King

Aren't the frets further apart on a baritone? Like you have to stretch your fingers further when doing chords? Or is the bridge just pushed farther from the nut? I thought I remembered playing a baritone once and I couldn't reach anything lol.

Pushead

Yes, the frets are further apart. Though the 27" scale that ESP tends to use is really pretty familiar. 27" is almost exactly the same spacing as 25.5", but with an extra fret added below the first. (Or in other words, if you put a capo on the 1st fret, it's just like playing a 25.5" scale)

I've had two 27" scale guitars (still have one) and they're not bad. I don't really notice until I'm trying to play up high (for some reason down low doesn't bother me.)

I had a Fender scale baritone for a while (28.625") and that was much harder to adjust to.

Sixcubed

New KL too- From Tour Journal "Eagle eyed fans noticed James debuted TWO new guitars tonight: Purple Snakebyte, and a KL made of wood from the old Carlson garage!!!"

Sephiroth

I was in Ken's shop when he first had samples. He wasn't sure how he was going to do it at that point, he joked about others wanting their garages to be used as tops once it came out lol

Good to see it out there.

Guiguitarz

Gold hardware too.

Breadfan32
Sephiroth wrote:

I was in Ken's shop when he first had samples. He wasn't sure how he was going to do it at that point, he joked about others wanting their garages to be used as tops once it came out lol

Good to see it out there.

How cool would it be if we could get tops made with the Carlson wood on a KL

dubster82
Guiguitarz wrote:

Gold hardware too.

AHH, I thought it was chrome. I'm not the biggest fan of it so far but I'd like to see better pics. I like the idea behind it though.

ESPEXP

Guiguitarz

chrome tho ? 

Breadfan32

I noticed recently the tip of the headstock on his one KL was broken off.  Not sure how long its been like that for.  Not normally a big fan of the KL but this one looks awesome and cool story with the wood.  It would be interesting to know if James thinks it sounds as good as the ones he has had in the past.

Sephiroth

Yeah I'm sure that was his first one. I may be not correctly remembering the story right but I'm sure Ken said he went and repaired it once himself. I could be wrong though,I cant remember if he said he repaired it or someone else repaired it. But I'm sure it's been repaired once already and broke again.

ProfessorExp

Wtf is going on with the control cavity here? Is the cover on the front? 

dubster82

It's been like that for a while, as he drops it and bashes it I think a knob or switch or both has gone through the top and Chad has put a plate on to reinforce it all, just like why Kirk's old Gibson v has the switch ring round the jack. 

Pushead

He must have two in the camo. We've seen this one before, starting around August of last year. When he drives this guitar into the stage at the end of Sad, he must have ripped one of the pots off the front of the guitar.

ProfessorExp

That makes sense. Didn't think of that. 

Tondog

I also noticed that ESP shows it in their custom builds section. Kinda surprised by that part?!

emg3254

Never been a fan of the Snakebyte.   Wish James would go back to playing his JH-3 or JH-2 more.  Of course he has to promote the new sigs.

Breadfan32

I’m sure he plays them because he likes them.  It’s a guitar he helped design. I’ve own several snakebytes and I loved them more than a white mx explorer I once had. 

I don’t think you’ll find too many people who have played a snakebyte say they didn’t like it.  

James could easily play a jh3 or a JH2 if he wanted.  He never really played either in the first place.  

Post to Thread