NGD '98 ouija

Updated
Benny V.

Couldn't resist the chance to get my hands on the ouija..

serial number for those who want to know
other serial number
the new family picture

HateEvent

Nice score - love them! I hope to pick one up some day  

NRudy

hey enjoy,

nice PRS 30th ann custom , nice collection. 1- how do you rank your PRS and ESP custom guitars ? Overall.. in build materials quality tone playability looks performance .. value personal detail, etc..(too keep it fair -apples to apples so to speak and i would have to think of my position lots to consider)-lets say maybe the PRS private stock and collection series  can be compared to ESP finest Custom , Exhibition or 40th anniversary / very limited run builds or the finest ESP guitars made), i would then compare the ESP Custom Shop to the PRS artist grade/pkg or wood library,then the ESP original series to the PRS custom 10 tops... and you can really go in any direction after the top ESP to the top PRS, of course its all subjective to a point. what are your fav  kinds of prs custom pickups ? anyways nice Ouija any additional info on the ouija guitar ? congrats man I love the Ouijas.

Benny V.

Started playing ltd's and switched to Gibsons.. then tried out a prs and was in love.. felt mucht better.. and the finish was alot better..

now to compare, i played private stock and collection series (violin etc, and played not owned) and imo it's more of a visual pleaser, yes some woods combinations etc. will sound brighter/warmer etc. but nothing i would pay 12k+ for... (you can find nice 2nd hand private stocks for 4k less or so since they don't seem to hold value that high, unless highly specced or so idk, not rlly tracking those..).
Now i received this ouija, 20yrs old and still in pristine condition (part from some oxidation etc. on some screws).. just had to put some serious time in getting intonation etc. perfect on the floyd since i received it in an odd tuning etc. but now, plays smooth as butter, low action, no annoying string ringing sounds etc.
While if i look at my 25th ani i got a spot where the finishing laquer is a little loose and on my tremonti the laquer was coming loose around the edge of the fretboard (appearantly happening alot -_-  ) if live in the US you can get it to the PTC (prs tech center) and get it fixed by themselves.. however in Europe you'll have to find yourself a luthier.. Now on the other hand, my most expensive prs (30th ani vine serie) costed me around 4.5k and is thusfar the best guitar i've owned.. build quality is very good.. plays like a dream, very versatile guitar.. to compare them with esp idk.. this is my first esp guitar (had some ltd's when i started playing)..
Pickup wise i rlly like the 57/08 that's in the vine.. and the tremonti's are also nice to have.. but ye personal preference.. everyone hears things differantly etc.

I can say after playing the ouija the next guitar will be another kh...

Oh and idd @guiguitarz @flying dutchmen Remco was a good guy to deal with, made me a really nice price i couldn't refuse

Pims
Benny V. wrote:

Started playing ltd's and switched to Gibsons.. then tried out a prs and was in love.. felt mucht better.. and the finish was alot better..

now to compare, i played private stock and collection series (violin etc, and played not owned) and imo it's more of a visual pleaser, yes some woods combinations etc. will sound brighter/warmer etc. but nothing i would pay 12k+ for... (you can find nice 2nd hand private stocks for 4k less or so since they don't seem to hold value that high, unless highly specced or so idk, not rlly tracking those..).
Now i received this ouija, 20yrs old and still in pristine condition (part from some oxidation etc. on some screws).. just had to put some serious time in getting intonation etc. perfect on the floyd since i received it in an odd tuning etc. but now, plays smooth as butter, low action, no annoying string ringing sounds etc.
While if i look at my 25th ani i got a spot where the finishing laquer is a little loose and on my tremonti the laquer was coming loose around the edge of the fretboard (appearantly happening alot -_-  ) if live in the US you can get it to the PTC (prs tech center) and get it fixed by themselves.. however in Europe you'll have to find yourself a luthier.. Now on the other hand, my most expensive prs (30th ani vine serie) costed me around 4.5k and is thusfar the best guitar i've owned.. build quality is very good.. plays like a dream, very versatile guitar.. to compare them with esp idk.. this is my first esp guitar (had some ltd's when i started playing)..
Pickup wise i rlly like the 57/08 that's in the vine.. and the tremonti's are also nice to have.. but ye personal preference.. everyone hears things differantly etc.

I can say after playing the ouija the next guitar will be another kh...

Oh and idd @guiguitarz @flying dutchmen Remco was a good guy to deal with, made me a really nice price i couldn't refuse

Great guitars you have there, the kh have their thing on their own. Don't hesitate to call if you want to testdrive these

Breadfan32

Congrats hope it plays and sounds great! 

Benny V.

sounds and plays like a dream ty

ESP 348

Congrats Benny! What an awesome guitar mate.

I absolutely love mine also, so I know you will love yours too.

Take care and enjoy, post some pics up down the road when you can.

Guiguitarz

Congrats man ! These guitars are killer !!! take care of it !! Nice collection btw 

Benny V.

thanks, ye makes me want to gather more now now we need a purple sparkle esp kh!

Guiguitarz

Coming next summer 

Flying Dutchmen
Benny V. wrote:

thanks, ye makes me want to gather more now now we need a purple sparkle esp kh! 

There Goes another one with an ESP virus.....need for more...

Flying Dutchmen

Congrats Benny Great buy and of course a Good addition to your collection!

ESP 348

ESP Purple Sparkle is the go!

NRudy

im not too into the sparkles but i was thinking off maybe a black or stblk 1 off of the purple sparkle with the new KH pups. It really becomes for me imo a less is more situation, when there are almost unlimited options with regards to custom guitars. I just dont like to wait a year to 18 months- i cant do it  anymore unless I try very hard. So just like a my car (ill make compromises rather than waiting 6 months to import white leather or hand stitched... for example - everyone is dif.) or most things ill settle which is completely wrong, yet I think Practical. I guess it all depends- I would say for me  one of my fav guitars I ever played is my KH ESP Vintage. 2016. it's solid. straight to the point. @benny v enjoy the ouija guitar- I think ESP guitars are very underrated especially in the USA. its hard to compare really its so subjective they are both fine top of the line instruments.

Pims

Hi Nate, did you get my pm? I don't know if the emails are buggy

Benny V.

@nrudy  @esp 348, i got a looong way to go to be on par with your collections but ye virus has struck

ESP 348

Plenty of time to add to the collection Benny! I bought my first ESP KH2 in 2001 when I was 21 and then purchased my KH3 in 2006.

In 2010 I saw a mint 98 Ouija for sale, so I purchased it as a 30th Birthday present to myself and that is when the bug hit me that I have to purchase every ESP Kirk Hammett guitar.

I went crazy for a few years buying as many of them as I could. Still have a few more to go, but they will be on the way shortly.

Take care and enjoy mate.

Post to Thread