NGD: ESP Snapper Ohmura Custom

Updated
B.C

Just got this guitar in yesterday so this isn't a full review, rather my initial impressions of it, and wow what an amazing looking guitar.

Upon first glance it can look just a dull yellow, but look closer and you can see the beautiful silvery flakes on the finish. Seems very solidly built, and the classic stack pickups sound great. Through my JVM 410C, I can get pretty much any sound out of it apart from maybe modern crushing chugga chuggas, perfect for playing Takayoshi's stuff, or just rock in general.

The fingerboard is half scalloped, meaning its only about half as deep as a normal scalloped board. This makes it a lot easier to play compared to a full scalloped board, yet has enough scallop in it to make a difference in bends and vibrato. This guitar actually has a huge beefy neck, and combined with the pickups and the vintage trem system, actually makes for a very vintage, old school feeling guitar. All my other guitars have 24 frets and Floyd Rose systems, so this is almost like a breath of fresh air.

What impresses me the most in this guitar is actually the fretwork. Maybe its the Jescar fretwire, maybe its the illusion from the half scallops I don't know, but the fretwork on this guitar is hands down the best of any guitar I own, and that includes my ESP Custom Shop Alexi. 

So far great first impressions from this guitar, and seeing as it's an ESP artist series custom model, I expect it to last longer than my time here on earth!

Road King

Beautiful guitar! Congrats.

ESP 348

Awesome guitar, congrats and enjoy mate!

That 'yellow sparkle' would look amazing in person I am sure.

And I would never doubt the ESP Custom Shop quality, the guitar looks amazing in these pics.

ESPEXP

Looks awesome! Congrats!

BlackJack21

Congrats, I always liked his red one but this one is still awesome!

BlackJack21

This was the first video I saw of him back way back when.

BlackJack21

And here's the red one.  Not sure if they ever made this one as a sig model or not. Maybe only as a custom order.

B.C

Yeah I was actually debating whether to get this one or the pink one, I decided on this one in the end because its more personal to him and its what I saw him play in "The Cataclysm" demo which was the first video I saw of him back in the day haha. As for the red one, he actually has 2, one in candy apple red which was the first ESP custom shop he got, and the second is the brass red one you see in the video. You can see all the models here:  http://espguitars.co.jp/gallery/takayoshi_ohmura/index.html

As far as I know none of the red ones have ever been released as signature models...maybe sometime in the future? He definitely deserves more hype and its great to see more and more people know him as Babymetal gets bigger and bigger.

BlackJack21

Nice, it seemed like he had two red ones but I wasn't sure if it was just lighting or not. Yea here's his sig listing and I didn't see them on there so it made me wonder if they were ever made in the candy apple, or the brass red. http://espguitars.co.jp/artist/takayoshi_ohmura/index.html

I always said to myself if I ever was going to get a fender "strat style" guitar, I would probably go with one of these lol.

Either way good choice on the gold one over the pink! Congrats again!

ESP 348

Far out that's some hand speed there! Lol.

Benjamin A.

love this guitar, nice review!

Post to Thread