KH Hardware upgrade questions

Updated
MissingLink

If I were to upgrade my KH602 hardware when it gets back from paint would all the holes line up?  for example the screw hole on the ESP tuners vs the Gotoh tuners?   not looking to put extra holes in the guitar.     Would a floyd original mount right to the studs in the licensed 602 version?

Pushead

Yes, all of the Floyds have a 74mm post spacing, so replacing the 1000 with an OFR will be a simple swap.

I'm not sure I'd bother replacing the ESP tuners. You have a locking nut and bridge. How good do the tuners need to be?

MissingLink

Good point,  was just thinking of putting all new hardware on when it came back. But you're right if the tuners ain't broke...

In the same vein, is the OFR that much better than the 1000?

B.C
MissingLink wrote:

Good point,  was just thinking of putting all new hardware on when it came back. But you're right if the tuners ain't broke...

In the same vein, is the OFR that much better than the 1000?

Honestly, I don't think so. I have 3 guitars with the 1000 series, and 2 with the OFR, and both stay in tune perfectly fine. The only difference I can tell is the trem arm on the 1000 can get quite stiff once you screw it in all the way tight, whereas on the OFR I can still position the arm fairly easily. Both can flutter, although its a bit easier on the OFR. In terms of tuning stability though, I noticed no difference.

Tondog

I'd recommend using the 1000 series until the edges are dull and THEN replacing for an upgrade if you feel that it's necessary at that time! It won't make as much difference and you think anyway. The tuners are irrelevant. 

Post to Thread