LTD KH Purple Sparkle and EMG KH Bone Breakers

Updated
LTD KH Purple Sparkle and EMG KH Bone Breakers

Speaking of newly-available finishes, here’s one that people have been asking for all year long. Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett has been performing on tour over the past 12 months using a killer Purple Sparkle version of his ESP signature guitar, and now you can play it too with this updated LTD KH-602. The guitar includes new EMG Kirk Hammett Bone Breaker Signature pickups and an environmentally-friendly fingerboard made of Pau Ferro.

I don't know if it's just the photo, or if that's how the EMGs will look (green logo?) But that will be interesting. I'll pass, but it's nice to see how ESP and Kirk are trying to make the guitars available at a lower price for fans.

https://www.espguitars.com/pages/2018-product-preview

jagger w.

How much will it go for? I just bought the ltd ouija board guitar and I love it! But how much will it cost?

MissingLink

Can't imagine it going for much more than the current 602.... it's just a 602 in a different color. 

Talon

Anyone played a guitar with a "Pau Ferro" fingerboard. I've not heard of it before... but maybe I've been living under a rock.

Adam Y.

I guess EMG has alot to reveal here soon, cause it also looks like they are gonna start making pickups in passive mount similar to what Seymour Duncan does so no guitar mods are necessary to switch to their pickups....WAY too late EMG get in this century

JMarek

I asked the guys from EMG if the Kirk Hammett sig pickups with signature all over will be sold seperately like the Het Sets 

JMarek

The Sets will be realeased mis Jan 

Big Daddy B
Talon wrote:

Anyone played a guitar with a "Pau Ferro" fingerboard. I've not heard of it before... but maybe I've been living under a rock.

Yeah it's good. Like rosewood, probably lighter in color

HateEvent

Do the 602s come with Original FR bridges? I’ve never had good experiences with licensed floyds. That could be a dealbreaker.

JMarek

Floyd Rose 1000 Series tremolo. 

Road King

One of the Mods was saying there will most likely be an ESP version. I've been in the market for a purple guitar for some time. This pleases me greatly.

NRudy

I have a bunch of purple guitars if your interested in new Prs guitars or esp. colors like rdb aqua violet or purple mist - 6 private stocks and 5 Esp 

ESP 348

It also got my attention also.

An ESP version of this guitar would be fantastic!

Road King

Yeah, but it has to be reasonably price. No $12K. Did you get the Demonology and Natural Ouija, 348?

ESP 348

Yeah, definitely won't be $12K man lol

Hoping it's the same price as the Demonology and I am sure it will be.

I haven't received the Ouija yet, still in the mail..........I think. There is no ETA on the Ouija at the moment.

I will order the Demonology when the Ouija arrives. That or just buy one that is available, there are a few around the world that are for sale.

Pushead

Although the person running the EMG Facebook page apparently doesn't know the difference between to and two, here's your first look at the KH Bonebreakers.

ESP 348

Lol, nice. I wonder why they went with the colour green for the lettering.

Pushead

https://www.espguitars.com/products/20417-kh-602?category_id=1969235-new-for-2018

Info page up. Listed at $1099 so far.

Green lettering goes with the green wah and green SE model.

MissingLink

Now that it's on the site anyone got any ideas of when they're actually available?

dubster82

And the kh103

Post to Thread