NGD Kirk Hammett Natural Ouija 2017 Photos and review to come post your ouija ESP photos

Updated
NGD Kirk Hammett Natural Ouija 2017 Photos and review to come post your ouija ESP photos

So got my 2017 esp ouija natural guitar while I got in my opinion a great quilted top I still think PRS makes a better top. that being said mine is very nice, the guitar has a great setup and my custom strings on them. really great fast action setup great intonation and ease of play are awesome. I do like the feel of the neck it plays very fast and the NTB being slightly different looks like its not as fast  its much faster and feels great. but getting through Hammetts' very  fast blues licks very fast pentatonic scales & hammett licks so fast licks he loves those E positions to play his usual licks and throws in some nice double stops bends and really has a great tone tube screamer with one of those KHDK tube screamer effects and wah.there's so much on this new album and playing my top 6-8 songs was fun especially with the ouija natural guitar it just felt great it was such a cool guitar and felt perfect a tru well made fine guitar. well done by ESP i found the quality a cut above most ESP's maybe a bit better than my KH-20 its plays really fast with ease and mine is very lightweight and has such amazing pieces of wood. a few differences from the 2009 run of ouija's guitars so this one has a different back plate but it's not that bad there is still room back there, 2 the quilt usually on all are uniqe and gorgeous, 3- the pickups are different and I just love the feel of mine its sounds great. 4-this one has a quilt so not all alder and the bend on the guitar is not as noticeable as on the guitars from the 2009 run. I can't wait to play the guitar it feels really great and plays well. who else has photos or info of their ouija 2017 natural guitar ?  and techniques blues scales major scales arpeggiated and chromatic scales ascending legato on this new album really has it all and this guitar sounded so good playing the new album most of it with it playing on a Bose speaker and jamming along to it. minor scales each one with different and so many other minor major and blusey licks scales and different styles on the new album.I love playing the new album and this guitar from the start looks like one i'll use a lot it plays great and I love the tone as well as the pickups make it sound just perfect for grooving and jamming with friends and metallica on playing with them phrase by phrase is a lot of fun.  (Dorian/eolian modes) or the classic blues Hammett licks many cool ones on the new album.they get really fast on the songs I played. I also paired it with the KHS-1 kirk hammet custom strap and im running the kh103 with wah and helix for all effects and pedals the kh103 sounds great.the guitar really plays great with a great feel lightweight too. I'm glad I got this one It was expensive but I sold some PRS custom guitars and made some room for this one and im passing the Demonology I just dont love that (monsters/demons) guitar. post your photos or if you have one post where you got it from and post what number and if you plan on getting post something here.

photos below.. of a few of my fav guitars.

prs makes much better maple tops by far..more artsy than ESP hammetts' plus kirk likes destroying his guitars. which makes no sense why not destroy the LTD. version they spent 18 months maybe 8 months to a year airbrushing the monsters guitars and he steps on them lol. hes awesome... also the flame maple tops are of better tone woods by PRS as they are some of the finest guitars. but for myself id preffer playing the relic or vintage kh-2 and i enjoy most of the KH sigs and ESP custom guitars JH esps as well thats for another thread. its rough carrying 40 guitars up 4 floors. my wife was pretty pissed off. will do the rest of the 90s hammett guitars and some others. whats your fav guitar to play ? mine is the ESP Vintage im not sure why it sounds and plays effortlessly. I also love the new ouija and the kh-20. thinking of getting a greenburst custom but not green. ill design my own but its hard to wait a year or more for ESP custom shops. i think the ouija guitar will still be available for 2 years and for a lot less than it sells for now. maybe %50+ off msrp i couldnt wait. if you want to get a deal you really can you just need to give the hype to die down as far as I know from 1 of my dealers stores have already sent back guitars to ESP. other stores on waiting lists have always been able to get these esp custom kirk hammett guitars from 2007-2017 any limited run so far I doubt it would change now, on these boards im not sure how many people have the new ouija in yet...i was 9th in 1 store on a waiting list and 3 dealers called me where i ws in top5-10 on waiting lists, that called me and wanted to sell me the new ouija but I already had mine on order. as far as I know 6 have been sold so far but im not sure how many people got them in yet or kept them. I love the guitar now but in 18 months most prob I will be able to get a great deal on  another Ouija '17 Natural buying it new from an ESP dealer extremely discounted but im very fortunate to have 1 and many nice guitars and im pretty lucky and glad to have the new ouija in and playing it a bit more than the other hammett esp sigs. I am much more comfortable and have nothing to think about on my mind with relic guitars. i then can remember to breath while playing and enjoy myself looking up and knowing that my guitar wont be banged into playing live. which is why my relic vintage and kh-2 vintage rather are among the most played ESP KH guitar I use. That said as far as looks amazing and plays amazing i would say PRS makes some of the finest guitars over gibson and fender custom although gibson resells great they all do but gibson... especially in the USA. since im not sure why maybe ESP is too mainstream or ppl just dont realize how awesome ESP is. From a pure flame top or quilted top its not close between ESP and PRS let alone fender and gibson Custom shops. for me ESP custom M-II is the most comfortable guitar to play and they feel so great and are not too heavy. they also play very fast and smooth and I love the feel pretty much esp kh-2 ntb is the perfect guitar for me.Black is my fav color too! although I like most colors. 1/2 lb makes a huge difference when you stand up for a while.! i will do another thread with quilted tops PRS from 10 top to private stock i think i have 4 in the same color im not sure why they are completely different guitars. i will put them flame vs a kh-20 and a khdc to a prs flame and the esp ouija quilted top to a standard prs all the way to PRS private stocks for quilted tops. Im sure i forgot many guitars but Im not a good photographer its a standard Iphone. they came out decent although it was at night under natural lights they would be better esp. if i could take photos.

ESP 348

Congrats on the Ouija Nate. They are awesome guitars.

And yes, I have ordered one man. I am not sure when it will arrive in Australia, but I have been extremely fortunate to be able to get my hands on one.

That or I would have had to order from overseas which would have cost a fortune and would have had to go through the CITES process etc.

I will be sure to post of it when it arrives, whenever that may be.

NRudy

thanks man you will love it I got a lightweight one but it feels and plays so well, you will find this amoung the best made esp kirk hammett sig if not the best mine really came with amazing feel and tone and i was lucky to get a really good quilted top I just dont know how to up load and edit photos 1 step at a time I suppose anyways thanks mate and when you get yours post photos and a review I love this guitar and I cant put it down.. take care and its worth the wait..

NRudy

my new ouija natural guitar and some other kirk hammett ESP guitars, Kirk Hammett collection post all pics!

Pims

This is crazy. Maybe in a few years  great collection although I wouldn't get any kh-dc anytime soon

NRudy

i dont think i really ever used my khdc its very heavy and reminds me of the prs santana body or a gibson DC- its heavy and I think Kirk uses the DC's for turn the page with slide and a bit higher action for slide. i know kirk used about a year ago a green DC but i cant recall he song, prob on howard stern if i remember maybe on a late night show my guess it was a hardwired album song. I know on howards stern they played an amazing master of puppets performance. kirk used the vintage kh-2.

Pims
NRudy wrote:

i dont think i really ever used my khdc its very heavy and reminds me of the prs santana body or a gibson DC- its heavy and I think Kirk uses the DC's for turn the page with slide and a bit higher action for slide. i know kirk used about a year ago a green DC but i cant recall he song, prob on howard stern if i remember maybe on a late night show my guess it was a hardwired album song. I know on howards stern they played an amazing master of puppets performance. kirk used the vintage kh-2.

As a player I think the best and most comfortable one remains the vintage. Now as a collector it's another story

NRudy

thanks this is only part of it i was so nervous i also did my other customs and had a lot on 1 bed and i was taking photos of my high end prs private stocks one fall and it wouldve been a house of cards as all these are really barely played the ones I like I have 2 of and use 3-5 a month 2 a lot everyday and this ouja I got at first I was not going to play it much if at all but once I picked it up It was so aweosme and perfect and I think this new ouija ESP along with 2 vintages from '15 and '16 I use pretty much everyday each has a special custom KH strap on and the rest come out maybe 1x a year if that much but its nice to play the vintage i focus the best on that since its already reliced. this ouja and the kh-20 were very 1 , 1a or i love this ouija par from some esp exhibition series or 40th anniversary this is one of the finest esp custom guitars Ive played or owned and it feels amazing what a great move with those neck slight upgrades and i dont mind the scalloped 17-24 is fine and it plays great feels great and i got lucky i got such a beautiful quilt but i will find the photos i took and go through the best ones for now this is from the store I think. his photos if you will.

I must note the order sheet didnt come with mine and they called me and said ESP will send me one in 2 days or so. Mine came with a nice package brown box ESP direct to me from my dealer and had the black wraping net around whatver that thing is and the case was gray on inside and says ouija with kh sig on outside but my case had no legs which anooyed me oh well. the guitar was nice and had a beautiful quilt still id love to put it against a private stock PRS I think prs would win all the time but this guitar was great dont get me wrong its too be expected with the msrp and map it commanded. they are getting so expensive now these last 6 year ESP's and this one was up there. i have to say it was worth the prorder and worth the wait made great sense i did not pay close to Msrp or Map, got a nice deal.I will get the better photos soon im on some edibles and im tripping a bit, will do it tomorrow or later or the next day once i go through all the photos. cheers guys and whom ever is getting the serial numbers list let me know ill give u the info also mine and my last 4 esp custom shop or hammett sigs dont come with registration so how to we get the esp manual and register the guitar for warranty i never do really anyways these guitars are very well made but i was just curious. anyone that can buy this guitar should if you get a light one like I got cuz i have a really bad back but I got a great deal I hope you guys get a deal I think its worth buying especially if you can sell a guitar or 2 to pay for this one but i recommend buying it to play because i can not see this going up with a $12000 ticket price on this i cant see anyone paying for this more even if like new. but who knows im going to use this one in my rotation i think for sure and its a great well made awesome guitar if your on the fence buy it it's awesome. I like the quilt I got it was nice. I'm not sure besides the coa signed by "kirk" and the photo also of kirk from the greenburst ? they photoshoped Kirk ? anyways its a great guitar and I hope you guys are able to get this one major design I think improvements its so perfect fo this hardwired tone I love it for that old school ride the lightning  solos and the new stuff and such a wonderful guitar and well done by ESP if anyone is on the fence about it post questions and if i c an answer I will help out and whomever in the us or outside anywhere that has this imcurious where the numbers are and who has one and what the serial number means and if you got the order form sheet with the coa and photo anyways any thoughts comments questions or thoughts i will try to help you guys out I wonder of the 25 how many are left they claim to be selling fast but the map was still 12k like the msrp plus tax so I will say eventually they will take 2 years i think to sell im not sure except 6 people maybe that have the guitar now. some one should try to find a list for all 3 ouijas what do you guys think about the 17-24 frets scalloped or not ? and what is your fav KH esp to play this new ouija for me is up there will go through more photos tom or this week, does anyone know who has #13 of these ouija guitars ? I wonder if kirk takes 13 anyways we should get a list of all the ouijas and whomever has the serial numbers from 1999 pm me so i can see if the 2 I have are on that list later on no urgency on that. I was very happy with the guitar and all together tone is great and feel is better. take care guys talk soon

NRudy

i have to get my kh-2 ouija white away from my yellow light its really white and whiter im not sure why the spot light is so strong on it i will get some better potos tom when I can see its &am in nyc.

Road King

I was wondering if you were going to get one of the top 3 expensive KH guitars. Congrats!

NRudy

It is a very good guitar ty.

NRudy

this one is not in my top 3 but cheers ty!

ESP 348

Great pics Nate, thanks for sharing.

Which number did you get man?

I might start the serial number list for these Ouijas also seeing as I have the original list also.

25 is easy to track I think.

ESP 348

Cheers Nate, I will keep a note of it and I am sure Big Daddy or someone else will also.

NRudy

NRudy

ESP 348

Great pics man, LOVE those Hammett guitars.

Post to Thread