Jeff Hanneman's Red Star Heiniken. Pics and video

Updated
EXPcustom

Some of you may know already, I have had this guitar in possesion for a number of year. I got from Jeff directly by working out a deal between him and the old tech Armand shortly before they both passed away. I'm not posting specifics on the deal but he wanted to retire this guitar and replace it with one with a more simpler "Hanneman" only logo and no graphic. Jeff loved WWII artifacts and I am a guy that can get hard to get things as some of you know.

2009 T serial number. All of Jeff's guitars were T serial numbers.

Funfact when this guitar was delivered to Jeff it was just in time for the Guitar World cover shoot and he threw the guitar at the photographer, chipping it really bad. In the shoot there was tons of fake blood and you can actually see the fake blood in the bare wood of the guitar.

Anyways here is the Youtube clip I made and it's actually Mark Cameron the amp guy that's playing in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvaZhzWQ3P8

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rvaZhzWQ3P8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EXPcustom

This was actually the last guitar Jeff ever played on stage with Slayer before he passed away.

HAY YAH

Killer how many if Jeff's guitars do you have? Do you happen to know what ever happened to Hanneman's esp he used in the seasons video?

ESP 348

Very very cool!

Ok, tell me. Is this guitar for sale?

ESP 348

Awesome guitar btw, do you have any pics of the chip?

EXPcustom
HAY YAH wrote:

Killer how many if Jeff's guitars do you have? Do you happen to know what ever happened to Hanneman's esp he used in the seasons video?

I have a few of Jeff's guitars I would rather not say how many. Contrary to popular belief Jeff has given away a lot of his guitars away over the years. I bought one off of Tom Araya's brother who used to tech for him.

That one in the Seasons video hasn't been accounted for in a long time, not saying it's stolen. I remember one of the flek deathshead guitars showed up on Ebay and Jeff's wife flipped out over it, said it was stolen, Jeff never sells his guitars, etc. I had to call ESP and Matt called me back, I explained the entire deal that Jeff had given that particular guitar to Armand his former tech and Armand traded it to a collector. ESP really doesnt like their artists selling or giving away the endorsement guitars but when you make someone close to a 100 guitars over the course of a career a few are going to get out there. 

HAY YAH

Thanks EXPcustom for the info

I am just a Hanneman fan that liked his guitars. The raiders one in the seasons video was awesome and when his sig came out I always wanted one. I ended up a few years ago getting an 07 urban camo and finally a few weeks ago got an original dot slayer one

if you can share more pics that would be awesome 

thanks  again

EXPcustom
ESP 348 wrote:

Awesome guitar btw, do you have any pics of the chip?

I need to figure out a new webhosting service since photobucket went to shit or rebuild my website. I crashed the database on it.

Post to Thread