KH signature owners registry?

Updated
KH signature owners registry?

Folks,

Is there a registry of who owns what serial number guitar? 

I am asking because I think it might help with preventing people from unknowingly purchasing a counterfeit of limited edition KH guitars and other signature series. If we know, or have a list of what members/collectors own what serial, it could aid in seeing provenance of original guitars. Obviously ,seeing multiples of serials is immediately visible and the list would need to be updated on sale or purchase. Might also help finding a guitar you want.

-James

Pushead

It's always difficult to do something like that. Not everyone that has a limited and/or pricey guitar wants people to know that they have it (their wives being foremost among them, I imagine .)

I know someone around here tried doing it with the 90s runs of Ouijas and the 2009 run as well. Not sure if it's gone much beyond that.

Big Daddy B

Yeah I would have to agree with pus. It's hard enough to do with the Ltd Edition ones because they change hands from time to time. I couldn't even imagine trying to do it with regular issues but godspeed if you try.

James H.

Understood, I agree it would be an undertaking of a large proportion. To which, I have very little free time for at this time. My other fear would be to give counterfeiters more information to make even better fakes. For now I suppose this will need to remain a pipe dream. 

ESP 348

I agree with the other fellas, great idea...........but a HUGE task seeing as the regular KH2 is not a limited edition guitar.

Would be very hard to keep track of them as they change hands often on Ebay and Reverb etc.

But wish you all the best with it if you decide to have a crack at it.

Big Daddy B
James H. wrote:

Understood, I agree it would be an undertaking of a large proportion. To which, I have very little free time for at this time. My other fear would be to give counterfeiters more information to make even better fakes. For now I suppose this will need to remain a pipe dream. 

At Gibson and Fender, you can call in with a serial and they will give you all the information and specs you ever wanted to know about a particular guitar which is helpful in determining fakes. At Tom Anderson you can do it on their website using a serial search box.

Post to Thread