ESP KH-2 White Zombie

Updated
ESP KH-2 White Zombie

My new guitars have finally arrived! The first two of their kind. I went ahead and doubled down lol. Thanks Jason at DCGL, and Dave R. for making this possible. 

Some pics of my White Zombie when it arrived at ESP in Cali.

A pic of my White Zombie when it was at DCGL.

ESPEXP

That's pretty sweet!

BlackJack21

Just got the truss rod covers installed. I'll have pics up by the end of the week.

ESP 348

Why did you decide to fit them BlackJack?

BlackJack21

Because whatever the case is Kirk ends up putting them on anyway so might as well. They look complete now. 

ESP 348
BlackJack21 wrote:

Because whatever the case is Kirk ends up putting them on anyway so might as well. They look complete now. 

Cool, no worries man.

BlackJack21

A sneak peak until I get the rest of the pics up sometime over the weekend. 

Pushead

You after all that you left the plastic on?

BlackJack21

You forget that I have two of them. 

ESP 348

Did you fit them yourself man?

BlackJack21

Haha I don’t think so. Took them in to my tech guy. 

load more replies (3 of 3)
kirkfan30

So... Can you order these now through the custom shop? Or is this a one time deal? 

ESP 348
kirkfan30 wrote:

So... Can you order these now through the custom shop? Or is this a one time deal? 

Yep, one can place an order through the ESP Custom Shop for one.

kirkfan30

seriously? Nice! Probably expensive... 6k +

ESP 348

Approximately US $15,000.

Pims

16999 euro/here

kirkfan30

That’s just .... crazy... Europe is getting fucked again... 

ESP 348

Wow! BIG bucks man.

Big Daddy B
kirkfan30 wrote:

A lot of it is paying the artist's wages to take him off other projects/artist guitars. It's not a guitar that is mass produced with decals. I felt the burden as well with my custom painted KH-3 spider. But in the end I think it was worth the cost for me. Looks a lot better.

Pims

Well I think the rationale is that 15000 dollars is not 17000 euros.. You can travel to the us first class get a night in Vegas and back for less cash hoping the customs let you through lol

Big Daddy B
Pims wrote:

Well I think the rationale is that 15000 dollars is not 17000 euros.. You can travel to the us first class get a night in Vegas and back for less cash hoping the customs let you through lol

Some people actually do that. Travel abroad to purchase high end guitars. I can't say that it is a common occurrence but it is nothing new.

Pims
Big Daddy B wrote:

Some people actually do that. Travel abroad to purchase high end guitars. I can't say that it is a common occurrence but it is nothing new.

Whats funny is I worked for uw Madison for 2 years ...but am back to Europe 

Big Daddy B
Pims wrote:

Madtown. I grew up around Chicago but went to school at UM Ann Arbor. I once muled a Les Paul overseas on a flight in 2005. Back then it was no big deal, they let me take it carry on and had no issues with customs. No questions asked.

Pims
Big Daddy B wrote:

Madtown. I grew up around Chicago but went to school at UM Ann Arbor. I once muled a Les Paul overseas on a flight in 2005. Back then it was no big deal, they let me take it carry on and had no issues with customs. No questions asked.

I brought back a musicman jp6 from sfo to London in 2007 ahah 

JMarek

$25,000 here in australia 

Sephiroth

You can't be asking the right Australian dealer. I can see it on an Australian dealers website for under $20k Aussie dollars

JMarek
Sephiroth wrote:

You can't be asking the right Australian dealer. I can see it on an Australian dealers website for under $20k Aussie dollars

I called up a the dealer that is not far from where I live which is in Melbourne, Australia. Looking on websites from where you live (I believe it was GB) is a bit different. But that's what I was told, $25,000

Sephiroth
JMarek wrote:

I called up a the dealer that is not far from where I live which is in Melbourne, Australia. Looking on websites from where you live (I believe it was GB) is a bit different. But that's what I was told, $25,000

If you really want it then try another dealer in Australia. It's under $20k including gst on an Australian  dealers website. $25k sounds like another 5k Markup on top of what you can get it for.

Yes I'm in GB but that doesn't change the price I'm telling you that you can see. It's the same price and includes all Aussie taxes.

ESP 348
Sephiroth wrote:

+1

dubster82
Big Daddy B wrote:

A lot of it is paying the artist's wages to take him off other projects/artist guitars.

Eh? The guitar costs the same in Japan regardless of where it's going, I can only imagine the difference would have to come from regional import costs (which would mean you US folks pay very little) or the dealer is making a bigger cut?

€17000 is over US$20000

Sephiroth

Well there is at least 20% tax to be added on to the uk/eu price, and other 2-3% import duties. And then the dealers cut, so yeah.

I didn't think we knew a cost from Japan unless you know a dealer there?

I was quoted £13,800 (which is just under $20k) in the UK back in 2016.

Post to Thread