• Big Daddy B

Official NGD: KH-3

It's finally here after a long wait. It actually arrived a week ago but I wanted to get it set up right away before adding the devil sticker and TRC. I am on the fence about the devil sticker and would love to hear some feedback on that. It is an official COOP sticker but he has some clear edging that is annoying so maybe I could find an aftermarket. Also I feel the red is a bit bright. However, the eyes match the spider.

• Breadfan32

I think it will look better with the sticker.  Congrats on the new guitar! 

• Big Daddy B
      Breadfan32 wrote:

I think it will look better with the sticker.  Congrats on the new guitar! 

Thanks. Do you find the clear edging on the stick distracting? I found a seller offering the same sticker with no edging. The 2nd and 3rd pics above you can see the clear portion sitting on top of the black.

• Pushead

Congrats man. The spider graphic looks fantastic when compared to the ones they used on the production guitars.

I'd trim the edging on the devil sticker. It feels strange to see it with the devil and not the 13. I'd either rock both or neither.

Also, it drives me bonkers to see the ball ends hanging out of the tuner holes. I know that's how The Kirk does it, but that doesn't make it right.

• Big Daddy B
      Pushead wrote:

Congrats man. The spider graphic looks fantastic when compared to the ones they used on the production guitars.

I'd trim the edging on the devil sticker. It feels strange to see it with the devil and not the 13. I'd either rock both or neither.

Also, it drives me bonkers to see the ball ends hanging out of the tuner holes. I know that's how The Kirk does it, but that doesn't make it right.

Yeah the thing is I don't personally care for the 13. I would consider it but have yet to see one that is accurate. By the time I remove the sticker and trim it it will probably be all whack so I will order a pretrimmed one for comparison.

And regarding the strings, I have been doing that since like '91 or '92. I find it easier, only 1 cut and you can pull the string nice and tight against the post. Sometimes I cut it shorter and don't even use 1 full wrap.

• Big Daddy B

Here's some new pics sans devil in afternoon light. I went ahead and ordered some new types of devil stickers that will hopefully work better, but to be honest, I am kinda digging it without the devil.

• Travis L.

Absolutely beautiful! I'm digging the TRC too! I love the vintage look. I agree! The sticker is killer but with no clear portion it will be more asthetically pleasing to the eye. Without the clear part it will tighten up the look and it also looks perfect without the devil as well. \m/ amazing guitar bro! 

• Nathan S.

Very nice Big Daddy!

• Pushead

Change it up. Put the "Caution Hot" and "Kirk's Guitar" stickers on it.

Also, I only have to cut the strings once when I string a Floyd.  Sorry, my OCD gets the better of me sometimes.

• Big Daddy B
      Pushead wrote:

Also, I only have to cut the strings once when I string a Floyd.  

Yeah I guess you could do it that way too. Never tried. I'm typically a 2 cut guy when going in that direction. Habit.

• ESP 348

Congrats man! Guitar certainly does look awesome!

I didn't mind the devil sticker, but I also reckon it looks great without it.

Can you post a pic of the back of the guitar when you have some time please.

• Big Daddy B
      ESP 348 wrote:

Congrats man! Guitar certainly does look awesome!

I didn't mind the devil sticker, but I also reckon it looks great without it.

Can you post a pic of the back of the guitar when you have some time please.

• ESP 348

Thanks man, appreciate it.

How does it sound?

See how it says ESP Signature Series on the back there?

It's a shame that it didn't have ESP Custom Shop instead, because that is where it was made.

• Nathan S.

I wish they would have left the serial # format the way it was.

• Big Daddy B

The KH-4 says custom shop. I really don't care one way or the other but I do agree I wish they would have kept the serial number format as before.

• ESP 348

Yep, totally agree with you lads. 

Cancel