LTD Kirk Hammett KH Demonology 2017

Updated
LTD Kirk Hammett KH Demonology 2017

Looks likes the new Kirk Hammett LTD model for this year is a reality.

ESP 348

Let's hope they don't make an ESP version eh!

BlackJack21

I think if they did, he would of been playing it live over the ltd.

Guiguitarz

Rob Bedard

They did lol. But I only see Kirk playing the LTD version

BlackJack21

Rob B. lol your about 10 months late to this post.

Rob Bedard
BlackJack21 wrote:

Rob B. lol your about 10 months late to this post.

A little late haha. Keep rockin brother

ESP 348

Thinking about it now, it's actually pretty good to see a new KH model from ESP.

The KH guitars have gotten a little stale over the last few years, so it's probably a good thing to finally see something new.

If they don't make any new ESP KH models that will be ok with me, but it's a nice change up for the entry level KH LTD guitars.

AK

Hmmm not a bolt-on model

Breadfan32

I'm not crazy about it but at least this LTD is neck thru unlike zombie and nosferatu 

NRudy

its not my taste - but not a bad guitar  if u can  learn to like the bodh the only ltd i got was a gift i like the case- and the exhibition series case and esp usa cases.

but for $500-$700 depending where you buy it from, seems like a decent guitar, im not into the LTD but if anyone has a KH ltd maybe 602? not sure the model or the msrp on that 1 its the neck thru kh-2 but ltd. version...

AK

Any news on Hetfield models?

Sixcubed

I doubt they have a completely new model but I was hoping for new finishes on either the Snakebyte (camo) or a black Iron Cross? I don't see why they wouldn't release a black one without distressed finish like the white one!

Sixcubed

Also looks like the Truckster and gloss black Snakebyte are dead. Not on the website anymore....

Breadfan32

Also looks like the Truckster and gloss black Snakebyte are dead. Not on the website anymore....

gloss black snakebyte has been gone since last year.  I was wondering when they would stop producing the truckster.  

NRudy

2016- snakebyte in 2 colors and late 2016 really and the awesome vulture plus the 3 were also made in the LTD. by ESP which a friend of mine says the ltd is very very good- i like the ESP on my headstock personally, I wish they made it in white as well, the vuture and also maybe the Truckster in white beige camo.

Road King

Meh, a KH-2 with chicken scratch all over it. Could have at least done an ebony board, different inlays, and a different color to change things up. Would play at church. Fingers crossed for a KH-30.

BlackJack21

I don't think they'll come out with two different Kirk models in the same year.

ProfessorExp

Not even a KH-2, its a 602. Even says so on the 24th fret. I agree, they should've at least done different inlays or something. They literally just drew lines on an existing model. Pretty disappointing year for Metallica sigs. 

vex_sb

Not even a KH-2, its a 602. Even says so on the 24th fret. I agree, they should've at least done different inlays or something. They literally just drew lines on an existing model. Pretty disappointing year for Metallica sigs. 

Well, if they change inlays or put different pickups, it would not be KH anymore, right ?? 

Kirk obviously like the shape and feel of the guitar, and he does not change . Most of famous guys plays Only 1 guitar, or more of same sort. Kh's are what they are , with some minor changes. but the shape and inlays are same on 99% of them . Thats ok. 

ProfessorExp

Well, if they change inlays or put different pickups, it would not be KH anymore, right ?? 

Kirk obviously like the shape and feel of the guitar, and he does not change . Most of famous guys plays Only 1 guitar, or more of same sort. Kh's are what they are , with some minor changes. but the shape and inlays are same on 99% of them . Thats ok. 

I didn't say anything about changing the pickups or the shape of the guitar, but many of his sigs with a graphic on it at least have inlays that match the graphic. Especially with this design, there was an opportunity to do interesting inlays. It's a KH-602, but $250 more expensive because of the graphic. It doesnt even have Kirk's signature on the headstock. I find it interesting that even Kirk is playing the LTD version on stage. Feels like its just an advertisement for a guitar, not a "signature" model based on one of his guitars. 

NRudy

The ltd. white zombie was not a quality guitar.

ESP 348

Totally agree with you RK.

I still t hink it's pretty cool and got some great specs including the Tombstone case which I assume would cost more than a generic ESP hard case.

And the best part is it's priced to sell.......and it will I am sure. Entry level ESP KH buyers will lap this guitar up. NTB, Alder body with EMGs in it is a great start.

IF and I mean IF they make an ESP version this year, I hope they at least change up in the lays and *maybe* the colour.

If they do, I *might* consider buying one then.

But would prefer the KH-30 of course. Starting to think nothing is in the plan for one seeing as Kirk is currently in Asia playing sold out shows.

If he was scheduled to be at NAMM this weekend then I would be expecting to see a KH-30.

Lynch is there and they made a GL-20. I wonder if they have made a GL-30 model to celebrate 30 years of Lynch with ESP.

We will soon see boys.

Pushead

I'll pass.

GuitarsCollector

Where did you find this news?

GuitarsCollector

Yessss !

please contact me direclty on my email

info@guitarscollector.com

I have a lot of guitars for sale, some of them on ebay but others only for collectors by private sale.

As you contact by my mail I provide you also my cell phone. 

thanks

Big Daddy B

Are u the guy who has the website of Kirk's guitars - if u want I can contribute I have guitars Kirk used photos and serial numbers. From guitars I purchased from Metallica day in SF. Guitars Kirk used in music videos or some that he used live and in studio. If you would like photos and info pm me. Also have 2 prototypes of Kirk's guitars. Info on the new custom ESP PURPLE. 

Not trying to start something. If you have information on the ESP PURPLE, why not post it on the Kirk's Secret Guitar thread and contribute to the forum. I am sure there are many people here that would be interested. Just a suggestion.

NRudy
Big Daddy B wrote:

Are u the guy who has the website of Kirk's guitars - if u want I can contribute I have guitars Kirk used photos and serial numbers. From guitars I purchased from Metallica day in SF. Guitars Kirk used in music videos or some that he used live and in studio. If you would like photos and info pm me. Also have 2 prototypes of Kirk's guitars. Info on the new custom ESP PURPLE. 

Not trying to start something. If you have information on the ESP PURPLE, why not post it on the Kirk's Secret Guitar thread and contribute to the forum. I am sure there are many people here that would be interested. Just a suggestion.

Why not respond to my questions and my emails?

NRudy

I asked Kirk in ny (Long Island) 

i will email u more info when I get back.

ESPEXP

Looks like a guitar you find on eBay that was signed with a bunch of autographs...instead they would have looked better as inlays.

ESPEXP

Here's the link...

LTD KH Demonology

Big Daddy B

Looks like a guitar you find on eBay that was signed with a bunch of autographs...instead they would have looked better as inlays.

Seems to be missing the important autograph on the headstock.

ESP 348

Yeah, I see that now Big Daddy! Lol

I also see the black DC is listed there now as part of his sig series.

Last year the black DC was Custom Order only wasn't it?

The red was available to buy last year and there are plenty of those getting around. 

Guiguitarz

But there's no more Red DC's available as new from ESP ... 

ESP 348

Yeah, strange eh?? They definitely flooded the market with those red ones. :(

Breadfan32

Im not surprised the red DC isn't being produced anymore.  That was a weird signature for them to come out with considering Kirk never plays it much.  I prefer the black one better over the red anyways.  The green and silver burst are even better.  

ESP 348

Totally agree with you man. It's a shame they never just made it black from the start. I wouldn't have ended up with the red one that I don't want. :(

Big Daddy B

I'd be surprised if they actually make any that aren't special order. In fact, they still have the prototype pic on the site with the Gibson flowerpot inlays.

ESP 348

Flowerpot inlays?? I don't understand man, can you please explain or post pics of what you're talking about.

kirkfan30

meh, don't like it very much... 

Post to Thread