George Lynch Kamikaze 1 paint patterns

Updated
George Lynch Kamikaze 1 paint patterns

Hi all,

I'm new to this community and looking for a nice ESP Kami 1 from the 90's. I noticed that there are different color/paint patterns/schemes on these guitars. Can anyone give me some more info on this? Were these guitars handpainted in those days hence the differences? Are some patterns more valuable than others? Other things to watch out for when buying these older models?

Thx a lot!

Mario

ESP 348

Hi Mario,

I am very disappointed to see these pics mate.

I can't help with any info, but I am sure Scott can.

Send that piece of shit back and get onto me and I will forward on my mates details so you can purchase his guitar.

Take care and talk soon.

DanieLibuy

Ooooh mate what a shame... It's very disappointing to have that kind of experiences, even more if you had high expectatives about it.

Please let us know how does the story end.

Big Daddy B

Could just be an early model. Those did not have a recessed tremolo and presumably no pickup markings. Here is a similar one: https://reverb.com/item/5870131-1986-esp-george-lynch-kamikaze-i-first-year

CLT-ESP

Can you add pictures of the headstock, front and back? Also can you send pics of the whole body, front and back?The early “GLK-1” guitars from late ‘87 - ‘88 had non-recessed bridges. The lack of ESP markings or stamps was not uncommon whatsoever on these guitars nor were there Seymour Duncan markings on the pickups since they were handwound “Screaming Demon” prototype pickups. 

Patrick Y.

Are you asking for someone to post pics for a year ago? lol

Patrick Y.

Or from 2 years ago 

Brently C.

Hello gentlemen. seems I am late to the party. I have just started to collect kamis. I remember my local shop selling them for 499.00 . and seen some used ltd for as low as 350. ive read this thread and it seems i am in the right place to begin. im not looking for prototypes or special runs .I would just like to find each one. Any suggestions on where to begin my search. ive looked on reverb and some web searches bu not much luck.  seems the LTD ones are now fetching up to a grand. wow.

and does anyone know if the later models are painted  or are they printed / any help would be appreciated 

Post to Thread