LTD GL600 Serpent - no serial no.

Updated
LTD GL600 Serpent - no serial no.

Hi, 

I have to make a quick purchase decision on a LTD GL600 Serpent model...I don´t know if this is worth the money for the quality of these guitars ..as I have the ESP Skulls/Snakes (original 1990 version) and other top end USA guitars but ... this guitar does not have any serial numbers on rear of headstock just the ESP logo... I don´t know the age as is 2nd hand but should it be like this as other Serpents I see in old adverts have serial numbers and other jargon printed there ...?

Just would not want ot buy a fake or a repair job . Apart from that if anyone knows if the Floyd is the Original fitted to these or a cheaper version and if the 3 pcs neck quality is ok as is a cheaper construction I think vs solid 1 pc . 

Thks alot for your time ,

PS. I signed up again as a member as the re-activation password didn´t work .. so back to zero on forum ..

I put this on the LTD forum but think it should have been inserted in this forum so is duplicated 

Nevermore

Did you buy this guitar ?

Tony  M.

Hi, I did not buy the guitar. The seller was evasive about details as had a dent or other damage on the rear of neck but failed to to send a detailed picture of the damage. He also had changed the pickups and the reserve was too high to start with. Then it was withdrawn . That is the fun eith Ebay .

Nevermore

i was only asking as i had asked various questions about this exact guitar over months of it being relisted many times on ebay, i asked why there was no serial number on the back of the hedstock, 1st reply was that the headstock had been damaged so the serial number was sanded off after a repair, i asked the same question a few months  later & reply was he wanted the clear coat stripped off the back of the neck as he didnt like a glossy feel thats why there was no serial number. People on ebay seriously need to start detailing whats wrong or any flaws with guitars. wasting buyers time is really a pet hate.

Glad you didnt buy it mate 

Tony  M.

Thanks for the info. Yes too many evasive sellers who hide the details. Even the shops do not show enough detailed photos and getting info is like pulling teeth. I have an ESP Skulls & Snakes 1990 ..the original one in good condition but even the shop didn´t send me many photos but I bought it anyway and it turned out better than expected..lucky . 

Nevermore

i never expect to get a pic of every single ding or dent or scratch but at least give an accurate description of the overall condition. Was looking at the skulls & snakes myself but ended up getting a 1992 ESP Sunburst tiger not a mark on the paint for a 24yr old guitar not as heavy as many have said due to it being maple was very impressed with it, might still get a skulls & snake one day the neck looks awesome

Post to Thread