New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Updated
New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Hi guys,

You remember The Night Before Show, and the Custom EMG that Kirk fitted onto his Red Les Paul in the bridge position ?

I've spotted a pic last night during their show with the Sharks and I've seen this :

That's right, in one of his standard Vintage he has for heating his fingers up, he has a new EMG Prototype at the neck (or JH ?) with plots. Don't know if he has a new one in the bridge position too ... 

It's seems like we'll have new signature pickup over 2016 or 2017 

Cheers,

G.

Road King

I wonder if the frets are scalloped. $5K is a lot of tokens. I see a used KH-2 sent to Marty Bell in my future.

Tondog

LOL! I thought I was the only one using Marty!

Road King
Tondog wrote:

LOL! I thought I was the only one using Marty!

All 3 of my RRRs were painted by him.

ESP 348
Road King wrote:

I wonder if the frets are scalloped. $5K is a lot of tokens. I see a used KH-2 sent to Marty Bell in my future.

Yep, frets are scalloped like the other KH guitars we have these days.

Yeah man, it definitely ain't cheap. lol

Road King

I probably shouldn't have invested $10K into dogecoin.

ESP 348
Road King wrote:

I probably shouldn't have invested $10K into dogecoin.

Yeah, I only had my account verified last week after waiting 2 weeks and I am glad it took so long lol.

It has all turned to shit and I am not sure if I am going to bother with it now.

I am fortunate my 'normal' share portfolio is doing extremely well.

Road King

Prices always dip in January. I am buying up everything I can during the firesale. The news either is too stupid to realize the dip or is trying to spread FUD. I wouldn't expect prices to start increasing until a few weeks after the Chinese New Year. Then it's new guitar day.

ESP 348

Ah, ok. I didn't know that lol.

I will keep an eye on it again.

NRudy

any idea if the purple sparkle is a custom order a limited run of sorts? when if anyone knows can we expect delivery ? and any reason why they came out like in the last quarter or so of 2017 going into 2018 i guess almost 3 new ESP KH sig series guitars ? but last year in Namm 2017 the 30th anniversary they did not have kirk there or release a KH-30, any new news on the purple sparkle or sellers dealers on this board pm me please. I dont like the Sigs so big on the pickups but I suppose i can maybe get use to them. I really wish they made more white KH guitars or JH guitars like a white cammo like the will alder eclipse custom. I am at the point i think that I have to sell some of my guitars. there is no more room to get more and I have quite a few of the same models.

NRudy

anyone know if the EMG pickups are in only 1 style ? or multiple covers like the james hetfield sets... also when would these pickups be available and has anyone tested them or heard what they are like ?

Guiguitarz

That's what I said : You don't read the posts you're on ... :

Stop asking stupid questions every time !

Road King
ESP 348 wrote:

Ah, ok. I didn't know that lol.

I will keep an eye on it again.

I'm watching my top picks very closely over the next 4 weeks. We could see prices go down to where they were last fall or even last summer. Perfect for any newcomers who may have missed out on the lower prices. I'm giddy with delight. My wallet is ready. ESPs for everyone!

Tondog

How is your portfolio looking though? Today should be a good day to clean out the highs a little for short term buys! The inflation corrections will be nowhere near enough and we'll all be rich!

Road King
Tondog wrote:

How is your portfolio looking though? Today should be a good day to clean out the highs a little for short term buys! The inflation corrections will be nowhere near enough and we'll all be rich!

I've got mostly Bitcoin, then Ethereum, Litecoin, Monero, and NEO, and 10 other alt coins in smaller amounts. My portfolio has been where I want it for some time now and I am holding long term. However, if Bitcoin drops to $5k, I will likely add 3 to 5 new cryptos to my portfolio for short term gains. There's a lot of good cryptos, just can't buy them all. I can't believe there's no Metallicoin.

NRudy

where can I buy the new Hammett pickups only ? ty

Guiguitarz

In Hell

NRudy
Guiguitarz wrote:

In Hell

G if u dont have a helpful answer shut up.

Guiguitarz

you don't have helpfull questions 

Big Daddy B

Big Daddy B

Some nice closeups of the purple sparkle. Zombie samba got the green logos. Apologies if this was already posted. I have been on the road extensively so havent been able to keep up but just got the alert.

ESP 348

Looking forward to hearing what they sound like.

Sephiroth

Well the bridge is still an 81 so will sound the same right? only difference will be that neck pickup which is a 60A according to the pic posted earlier showing these aren't really new pickups, just different pickup covers. Good of kirk to try dozens to get the right one  

ESP 348

Shit, is that all they are? Lol. Oh well, don't expect much difference then.

HateEvent

Don’t know how credible some reports back have been, but I’ve seen it suggested that the preamps have been modified slightly and that the BB-bridge is a little more aggressive than an 81. 

Anyone here tried them yet to validate that?

Post to Thread