New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Updated
New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Hi guys,

You remember The Night Before Show, and the Custom EMG that Kirk fitted onto his Red Les Paul in the bridge position ?

I've spotted a pic last night during their show with the Sharks and I've seen this :

That's right, in one of his standard Vintage he has for heating his fingers up, he has a new EMG Prototype at the neck (or JH ?) with plots. Don't know if he has a new one in the bridge position too ... 

It's seems like we'll have new signature pickup over 2016 or 2017 

Cheers,

G.

NRudy

I might have an extra set plus other new sealed in box EMG pickups in white blank & red plus the JH & Kh sets (jh blk chrome) pm me to order.

HateEvent

Finally picked up a set of Bonebreakers and installed them in my 2003 Custom Shop KH-2 Neck Thru.

I like them (although my experience with them thus far is brief) - the bridge is a bit fuller in the midrange than an 81, with some of the top end fizz reduced down. The neck is a less boomy 85. They compliment each other well.

Mark P.

So has anyone noticed Kirk has a new (To him) Black Strat on this leg that he is using for NEM? I'd love to know what the year is since he rarely uses Strats live. Perhaps an excuse for Kirk Hammett single coil signature pickups? LOL

Mark P.

I think he should continue using the strat for NEM and The Unforgiven... I'm a huge Les Paul fan and he is still using them for the other ballads but those songs really work with the Strat. I've felt that way since I saw the Rock am Ring stream back in '06. 

I have a Sherwood Green '62 (reissue) so I can rule that out. It seems like a lightly aged black RI or a very clean vintage. Not enough pics for me to say definitely one way or the other.

By the way, the original Unforgiven Strat from the 91-92 tour had Lace Sensors, not EMGs.

Mark P.

I stand corrected, I was basing that info off an old article. I have an S set my '84 MIJ Strat and an SA/85 in another. Both great pickups!!! The EMG Tele set is also amazing; EMG doesn't get enough love for their singles.

The more I look at the new tour pictures the more I feel like that guitar is a reissue... Kirk could afford a clean pre-64 Strat (based on the headstock shape) but it would be incredibly rare to be that clean. 

Guiguitarz
Mark P.

That's why the dots and the pickguard make me think reissue. They look too bright to be vintage dots but are spaced like vintage and the pickguard looks more like a recent reissue than vintage. Maybe custom shop? 

Sephiroth

So EMG released a video, not sure if anyone has seen it yet.  Says only 160 of the special Bone breaker editions to be available at guitar center from 19th April.

Why 160 sets??

Guiguitarz

Price ?!

Sephiroth

£180+ when I checked earlier.

Sephiroth

yeah it converts automatically to gbp for me so don't see the $ price. 

Guiguitarz

It still is €200 ... not the period for me for something not very useful (didn't want to say "Useless" ...)

James H.

Is that 160 sets only produced for GC or total? If it's a total production run of 160 sets worldwide that would mean that the ESP Purple Sparkle will be very scarce.

MissingLink

My set says 138 of 169 not 160

Guiguitarz

It's clearly 169 items

MissingLink

ESP 348

Interesting, I would say there will be 169 boxed sets for sale and whatever else is made in the KH PS guitar will be 'extra' ones.

HateEvent

169 is what I saw on an ad elsewhere (for GC).

I guess being 13x13 it ties in with all Kirk’s horror vibe and then old ‘13’ on the KH-3 etc etc.

Mark P.

I like the production green logos better personally, in fact even if I purchased an ESP purple sparkle I would probably replace the pickups with the standard green logo KH pickups. 

boogie

Anyone interested in buying a set of bone breakers from a ltd purple sparkle?

Post to Thread