New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Updated
New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Hi guys,

You remember The Night Before Show, and the Custom EMG that Kirk fitted onto his Red Les Paul in the bridge position ?

I've spotted a pic last night during their show with the Sharks and I've seen this :

That's right, in one of his standard Vintage he has for heating his fingers up, he has a new EMG Prototype at the neck (or JH ?) with plots. Don't know if he has a new one in the bridge position too ... 

It's seems like we'll have new signature pickup over 2016 or 2017 

Cheers,

G.

dubster82

I think I saw EMG kinda confirm it on IG I think. Just a tweak to the output I believe, probably down. Surely tweaking your preamp on your amp will yeild similar results?

Guiguitarz

Received them today, very nice packaging, and as the Het-Set, a signature pick is given (This one is kind of sparkled compared to the ones you can buy from Dunlop)

Will do a sound comparison test video for y'all, stay tuned guys.

Guiguitarz

Quick test on an Eclipse guitar by Stephen Brewer :

Pushead

I'm an EMG guy, but I don't remember what guitar I had or what pickups were in it, so I'm just going to record this video to show you how these sound using the camera mic and a fake amp.

I hope they actually sound better than this guy made them sound.

dubster82

and not let you hear the neck pickup...

I'm glad I wasn't the only person that thought it too.

HateEvent

I already commented on the EMG link for this very video saying that it didn’t actually tell me anything. 

I’m going to order some for my KH-2NT - I’ll make a comparison video of the regular 81/81 combo and these. I don’t have a 60A at hand to directly compare the BB-N with though. 

Guiguitarz

I'll do my compare this weekend on my KH-SE Greenburst, so compared to 81/60 combo.

ESP 348

Meh.....

Road King

Man bun. You all will praise KH and buy these pickups!

Guiguitarz

Here it is !

Tried to cover all the configurations, I insisted on the first clean part because it's where you can here the biggest difference. Clearly mids were boosted, really really good pickups, can get rid of them with the waaaaaaaaaaahh 

Hope you'll enjoy, and if you stay 'til the end, you'll find a surprise.

-G 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK6BwWb-2J8&feature=youtu.be

Tondog

Holy shit you can play those Hammett parts well! 

Guiguitarz

I tried my best  It was a cold winter back then

Pushead

You get bonus points for

Mic'd amp
Multiple pickup configurations
No needless gabbing before playing any notes
Ending surprise

You lose points for

No manbun.

Guiguitarz

Thank you Pus 

What is a "Manbun" ?! Like a car-burning-tire-donut but with my own body on the floor ?

Pushead
Guiguitarz wrote:

Thank you Pus 

What is a "Manbun" ?! Like a car-burning-tire-donut but with my own body on the floor ?

http://www.manbunhairstyle.net/

Guiguitarz

OMG 

Guiguitarz

EDIT : Funny fact is that he's only 3 years old younger than me and we were born nearly in the same city ... (8 miles away)

dubster82

Cool. I think I prefer the 81 over the BBB. The things I like about the BBN is similar to what I find I liked about the 85 i've tried recently which makes me think that's the Alnico connection. I think I'd prefer a straight 81/60a but it's nice to have the choice of a few options.

Need some pics of the guitar with the pups in it though 

Guiguitarz

ESP 348

Great pic.

dubster82

Seemed right to post this here.

Guiguitarz

I saw that picture on IG also, such a shame (or a style ?) that the sig is so much pixelized ?!

HateEvent

Ordered the BB set today. Will try do some comparisons.

dubster82

You got an 85 to compare the neck pickup to?

HateEvent
dubster82 wrote:

81, 85 and 60. No 60A though.

dubster82
HateEvent wrote:

81, 85 and 60. No 60A though.

I was gonna order a 60a

NRudy

How much is the set of BB?

Post to Thread