First look: LTD Vulture in the wild

Updated
First look: LTD Vulture in the wild

This showed up today! The guitar is flawless, comfortable, balanced and set up straight from the box. Truly impressed once again by the ESP/LTD quality. Couple of things I know I was curious of so I'm going to mention in case you all were wondering too:

1. The taper on the top wing is pretty dramatic and I tried to show that in the pics. It ends up being even thinner than the tip of the snakebyte by about a quarter inch. It is also not as subtle as the Snakebyte's taper but completely serves a purpose and making it more comfortable to play when standing.

2. The headstock is also tapered unlike the Snakebyte and I tried to show that in  a pic also. I could tell that from the stock photos but I was curious if it was going to make it to the production LTD's.

3. The neck binding is also satin black with white dots and looks killer. Now I wish my black Truckster had this option.

Other than that my first impressions overall are extremely good. Lucky for me I have gigs with my Metallica tribute this Saturday and next, so it's going to be put to the 'tallica test really soon!

Stonecat

Nice, That's the shit man & the fretboard inlay is sweeeeeet!!!!

Breadfan32

Congrats!  

Is it pretty light? 

Sixcubed

It does seem lighter than the iron cross and truckster but definatley lighter than the Snakebyte. I don't have a precision scale so I can't say for sure!

Henrik S.

Very cool.

Are the inlays made of mother of pearl or pearloid?

Danny K.

I like the inlays but not the body shape.

ESP 348

Only just saw this thread, thanks man.

Guitar looks killer!

Imagine one in gloss black or white, would look awesome.

Thanks for sharing these pics and your thoughts.

I won't buy one, but will be cool to see in person one day.

Sixcubed

Man they definately look better in person. Pics don't do it justice!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Breadfan32

Do you like it better than the snakebyte?  Even though I don't own anymore snakebytes they felt great.  

Sixcubed

Having only gigged it once at this point I do like it better than the Snakebyte. Easier access to the upper frets since I do some of the solos and it is lighter. That could change though depending on my mood sometimes . My favorite main gigging guitar is the Iron Cross so I will have to play it live a few more times to see if it replaces that one on the list! The EC shape has always been the most comfortable to me.

Breadfan32

What's the overall impression now that you have had the vulture for a couple weeks?  

Big Daddy B

Also do you experience any neck dive issues? I am curious because looks like they mounted that strap button off center. My guess is to prevent neck dive.

ESP 348

I reckon you're on the money Big Daddy, they have offset that strap button for that reason.

Sixcubed

I love the guitar. I played it again at my next gig as my main guitar. I was also concerned with neck dive but rest assured the vulture has absolutely zero neck dive. They placed the button exactly where it needs to be. You have to see and play this guitar in person because the pics do not capture the awesomeness! It seriously looks amazing in person. I have had more compliments on this guitar in just 2 gigs than I have had on all other guitars combined (minus the iron cross because, come on, that guitar is beautiful!) 

Breadfan32

That's awesome.  I will get a vulture one of these days.  Esp or ltd depends on what kind of deals I can find.  

ESP 348

Great to hear man.

Breadfan32

Saw a couple vids on your Metallica cover band on YouTube.  You guys sounded good!  I'd love to play in a Metallica cover band one day.  Be a lot more fun than playing in my house lol and I fucking love playing in my house!!!!

Sixcubed

Thanks man! I feel pretty lucky to have found these guys and able to play my favorite music with a bunch of good musicians. I never really thought I would play in a Metallica cover band because I'm 40 with 2 young kids, a wife and full time job but the stars aligned for me. Did you see this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqqyHNnQguc  The video quality goes in and out but the sound is pretty good. I'm playing the Snakebyte obviously! It is the Justice Medley from Live Shit Binge and Purge and my favorite song to play live.

This video is pretty good too. One - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HPHX8HOWdA The sound guy at this venue does a pretty good job

Big Daddy B
Breadfan32 wrote:

Saw a couple vids on your Metallica cover band on YouTube.  You guys sounded good!  I'd love to play in a Metallica cover band one day.  Be a lot more fun than playing in my house lol and I fucking love playing in my house!!!!

Are the links to said vids public somewhere?

Sixcubed

All the videos are here Big Daddy http://www.motorbreathdfw.com/videos.html 

Big Daddy B

Awesome vids. Still weirds me out a little to see "jaymz" playing the solos lol. Great job.

Your singer from a Pantera cover band?

George T.

I've noticed that in your pics it's showing a plastic cover for the battery but in several online pics of the LTD Vulture it is showing a metal tray like on the ESP version. I wonder why that is?

Big Daddy B
George T. wrote:

I've noticed that in your pics it's showing a plastic cover for the battery but in several online pics of the LTD Vulture it is showing a metal tray like on the ESP version. I wonder why that is?

Do you have links to the pics? I don't recall ever seeing an LTD (any LTD) with a ashtray.

Breadfan32

It's all over the Internet for the stock photos of the LTD.  I noticed as well and waited to see if it would have the ashtray box like an ESP but after seeing real pics of the LTDs now it doesn't.  I didn't think it would.  It's one of my favourite features that the ESPs have.  

Big Daddy B

Yes I very much agree. I love the battery box. It's the reason I bought a vintage instead of a relic KH-2.

Post to Thread