ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Updated
ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Hi guys,

After this post about the difference of hardware (Europe, US, RoHS, Black, Chrome, ...) I'm coming with a new question about this guitar :

- Where were they built ?

I saw some "Custom Shop" on Youtube, with the back plate recessed and a K serial, I've got a "Signature Series" with a SS serial.

Do the Custom Shop ones are extras from the original 100 produced ?

Do Kiso factory built guitars can leave the wharehouse with a SS serial ?

Cheers,

G.

ESP 348

That's awesome Hate, I don't have ant 'T' serial guitars in my collection.

MetalliDeth

So looking through the thread i found a picture of Nates se. His cut is the custom shop version and he says his started with a K. Its funny how he was worried about it being a fake when in fact he has the real deal version.

Ss version

EXPcustom

Is that the guy from Europe? I think I sold him his Greenburst, I only fuck with the real shit dawg.

Yes just about ALL of Jeff's guitars are T serials and so are Kirk's.

ESP 348

Nah, Nate lives in the USA.

EXPcustom
ESP 348 wrote:

Did any of them play much differently?? Did Jeff prefer any serial number over another?

No, Armand and Jeff didn't realize the difference in serials till I pointed them out. Then it was all about the T serial.

Some SS stuff sounds and plays good, don't think they are complete garbage or anything. I just want you guys to know they are very different.

ESP 348

No worries, thanks mate.

MetalliDeth

Kirk and james use ss stuff live for some songs. I guess they keep the nice stuff at home. My ltd m1001 makes my esp m2 feel like a custom. They deff are nice guitars. But my axxion that has a T serial number changed my life. The feel and tone i get from that beast is unworldy. Thanks for the info on where the ss bodies are made though!

EXPcustom

I don't know if you guys remember but I think it was Shane from B Music compared an Alexi K serial and SS serial. Big difference in body and inlay quality.

EXPcustom

muhammad anwar

What does it say in english? 

guitarsatbmusic
muhammad anwar wrote:

What does it say in english? 

Nothing about where anything was made. It's from 2012

Attention   

Notice concerning re-imported goods (export specification models)

In recent years, parallel importers and individual importers have become able to obtain overseas products comparatively easily and numerous ESP brand (standard series and signature series) guitars and basses made to export specifications are available in the market in the form of re-imported goods.

These models for export were mass-produced at prices set to suit the needs of overseas markets, and these products have different specifications (spec, grade and materials, etc) to the handmade products produced as models for the Japanese domestic market.

When considering purchasing them from parallel importers or individual importers, etc through Internet auctions and so on, please understand these points fully before making a purchase.

Before you buy, please be aware that these ESP brand guitars and basses with export specifications (standard series and signature series) are not subject to the equivalent warranty and other support as guitars and basses made to Japanese domestic specifications.

To determine whether an ESP brand (standard series, signature series) guitar or bass is an export model, please check the following things.

7 digit serial number beginning with SS

(Common to both the standard series and the signature series)

The logo mark shown below in Figure 1is on the back of the head (standard series only).

EXPcustom

I do want to clarify that SS serial body blanks from inception 2004ish to 2008ish may have been 100% Japan made. The Jixi China plant didnt get involved till late 2008 in the making of body blanks.

This brand confusion caused ESP to scrap the SS line in late 2012 and start the E-II stuff.

Also as a disclaimer I am not accusing ESP of doing anything illegal or fraudulent. Under tradelaws set up by the international community a domestic product has to be made a certain percentage in its home country to be considered "made in" that country. ESP has always followed trade guidelines and laws.

MetalliDeth

You are 100% correct this esp m2 was made in 2006 and the arm rest part is identical to the custom shop versions. Very cool info!

EXPcustom
MetalliDeth wrote:

Kirk and james use ss stuff live for some songs. I guess they keep the nice stuff at home. My ltd m1001 makes my esp m2 feel like a custom. They deff are nice guitars. But my axxion that has a T serial number changed my life. The feel and tone i get from that beast is unworldy. Thanks for the info on where the ss bodies are made though!

They are Metallica they use whatever the fuck they want. Usually most of their stuff is T serials when it is ordered for them but of course ESP sends them tons of LTDs and SS series and all that no charge.

EXPcustom

I knows my ESP

MetalliDeth

I put a thread on the custom shop forums about where they get the woods for the high ends. If you know anything please let me know on that thread. Thanks man

EXPcustom

Now since I pumped them all up, I may be dumping my K serial greenburst next week. Only reason I'm considering doing it is to buy some more cryptocurrencies. I am making a killing, 12k in one month, and figure I will buy all my guitars back at all later date.

HateEvent

Do you have a buyer for it already? What is your price if not?

EXPcustom
HateEvent wrote:

Do you have a buyer for it already? What is your price if not?

Send me a friend request or private message, I'll give you my contact info. I'm kind of on the road so I wont be able to get you pics of it or ship for the next 7-10 days.

Just curious what were the last SS series going for on Ebay? I haven't followed the USA Ebay market in a while. I honestly havent thought of a price. I need to see what they are going for and figure out what I will sell mine for since it's a K serial not an SS. Also no I don't have a buyer I just thought of selling it today after looking at my cryptocurrency charts and Bitcoin hitting 10k. 

I also accept Bitcoin.

frantic77

little bit off topic but do you know where the KH-20's were built? what factory i mean...

EXPcustom

I believe they were 100% built with best materials and at the T serial location. I am not 100% on that because Armand nor I got one of those so we didnt look into it to much but the ones I saw in person was no Jixi wood to me.

ESP 348

Reply to my PM EXP.

EXPcustom
ESP 348 wrote:

Reply to my PM EXP.

I don't see anything from you except the old messages. You know I'll message you my E-mail addy right now because I had some difficulty activating my account here when they transferred to the new board. It still wont let me upload an avatar or update my profile for some reason.

Post to Thread