ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Updated
ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Hi guys,

After this post about the difference of hardware (Europe, US, RoHS, Black, Chrome, ...) I'm coming with a new question about this guitar :

- Where were they built ?

I saw some "Custom Shop" on Youtube, with the back plate recessed and a K serial, I've got a "Signature Series" with a SS serial.

Do the Custom Shop ones are extras from the original 100 produced ?

Do Kiso factory built guitars can leave the wharehouse with a SS serial ?

Cheers,

G.

ESP 348
EXPcustom wrote:

Reply to my PM EXP.

I don't see anything from you except the old messages. You know I'll message you my E-mail addy right now because I had some difficulty activating my account here when they transferred to the new board. It still wont let me upload an avatar or update my profile for some reason.

Sounds like you are on the outer already mate.

Thanks, will send you an email shortly.

ESP 348

I had a look through pics of my guitars.

The SE definitely has a different 'cut' compared to the K serial CS guitars I have.

I will take another look and let you all know which ones are which, but I think it may be the only one that is like that and it's an SS serial number on that one.

ESP 348

Anyone ever see a non-scalloped KH2-SE before?

This one is for sale here in Australia on Facebook, asking US $3200 ono.

I asked the seller for the year model and serial number, haven't heard back from him yet.

It also comes with the COA and hardcase.

Guiguitarz

Looks like a customized KH-2, 

both PUs are good old 81s’ and the inlays do not look “greenished” 

I’m sure there’s no ashtray on the back also ... 

ESP 348
Guiguitarz wrote:

Looks like a customized KH-2, 

both PUs are good old 81s’ and the inlays do not look “greenished” 

I’m sure there’s no ashtray on the back also ... 

You might be right there man. I had a look at the other pics and I can't see the inlays being greenish either or the ESP KH logo on the headstock either.

I am hoping to hear back from him, would be nice to know the history behind it and what it says on the COA.

I will be sure to let you know if I hear back from the owner.

Pushead

Another vote for refinished. Looks like the neck pickup is an 81, not a 60.

Those frets are looking pretty crusty.

ESP 348

If it has been refinished, someone did a VERY nice job replicating that paint job and colour.

Hoping to hear back from the seller, the COA should be able to tell us if it's an SE or not and which year.

I wonder if was one of the very first ones? Or perhaps a 'prototype'? They made this, then made the changes to the inlays, fretboard and pickups?

Dunno, but we will see what happens.

ESP 348

I am still waiting to hear back from old mate about this guitar. He has read another Facebook message I sent a few days ago, but has not replied.

I don't know why, I only asked to see a close up of the COA or the serial number so we can try work out which year it was built.

Some people are funny, why not just tell me or show me the COA lol.

Pims

maybe cause it's faked? ahah

ESP 348
Pims wrote:

maybe cause it's faked? ahah

Lol, yeah. Looks legit, of course.

Big Daddy is probably right on the money, but I am still curious.

I won't ask him again, but fuck him lol. Not hard to try and answer my question or show me the serial number.

I sent a very polite message to him, I wasn't rude or demanded anything.

ESP 348

Here is a 'players' KH2-SE for sale if anyone is keen.

https://reverb.com/item/15487709-esp-kh-2-se-greenburst

Guiguitarz

Chrome hdw 

ESP 348
Guiguitarz wrote:

Chrome hdw 

Yeah, whadda ya do but? lol.

Guiguitarz

Chrome Hardware 

Sephiroth

No mention of the dent in the headstock? Not exactly "like new flawless mint awesome guitar" he says it is. Unless it's another K serial SE he bought? The one I'm thinking of is K1124512. He doesn't include a picture of the front or back of headstock to confirm if it's that one.

I'm amazed it goes from "used" when originally sold in Japan, to "New" in USA. Must have different interpretations of the words 

Me thinks there are a few porky pies in that description haha. 

ESP 348

Cheers boys, I didn't know it was Nate's and I didn't click on the pics to take a look either.

ESP 348

You can scroll back to pages 5 & 6 of this thread for the exact same pics from 2 years ago.

Cheers man.

Alamodome

I picked up this one during the summer but wanted to change out the hardware to black before posting it. 

ESP 348

Looks awesome man! Congrats again and enjoy.

Alamodome

Thank you brother. I also had the BB’s put on as well. 

ESP 348

Shit, I didn't even notice until you said it. Lol

Maybe because we are seeing all the latest Hammett guitars now coming standard with the BBs in them.

I bet they sound great in that guitar.

Alamodome

A big difference man. 

Post to Thread