ESP MX-220 EET FUK on the bay

Updated
ESP MX-220 EET FUK on the bay

Just saw this posted on eBay. Looks really beat up and most of the hardware has been swapped out but it still looks pretty cool tho beat up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-Eet-Fuk-Explorer-Hetfield-MX-MX250II-MX2-middle-finger-inlay-1726-/131651412237?hash=item1ea709210d:g:CHkAAOSwlV9WRbiw

@Rappa....theres another serial number you can add to your list. It's weird it only has 7 numbers. It's legit tho.

Nathan S.

Wow, that thing is hammerred. They are made to play, but holy cow that looks like alot of abuse there. I don't care how rare, I wouldn't give $8500.00 even if I had it for that unless it was owned by one Mr. Hetfield himself.

Big Daddy B

Seller is reputable. In the process of buying a khdc from him.

RaulTx

Great guitar, but that price in that condition...

ESP 348

Awesome guitar, big bucks!

I would buy it for the right price and fully restore it.

simo666

I remember years and years ago there was one for sale from Japan also and was even more battered that this one and it went for about 3000 i think , I so glad mine is so clean but it would look cool to get it up and running and play it live, I would not touch the paint tho  just get it playable and preserve it, Another one  to add to the seril number list

Tondog

What are the particulars on yours Simo? Got detailed pics of it? 

Breadfan32

It drives me nuts somebody would do any mods to that guitar.  Also, i can't believe how beat up that thing is.  Whoever the owner was must have know how rare that guitar is and to treat it that way needs to get slapped in the face !!  Unless you're the James you treat that guitar with the respect it deserves lol 

Pushead

Technically, it's not one of the "25" EET FUK guitars.  The run of guitars that are identical to Het's (someone made up the 25 number) have a step from the neck to the body (similar to a Gibson), and a jack plate, not the Ibanez style jack.

It's still a late 80s MX-220 with the finger inlays.  In that condition, I'd give him $4k for it.

ESPEXP

None of the "EET FUK" guitars are exactly like Hetfield's. They are like his "So Fucking What" guitar with middle finger inlays on it. His "EET FUK" was made in 87/88 and his "So Fucking What" and "Fuk Em Up" guitars were made shortly after with the improved toggle switch location and more Gibson like truss rod cover (his original truss rod cover is rounded on top like the Gibson one but is flush against the nut). So when they started making them in 1989 they just used the improved model, which makes sense. The later 89/90 "EET FUK"s have a pointier truss rod cover and square jack plate. I heard there were 5 with the actual step neck, rounder truss rod cover, and circle input jack. I heard 40 were made in total out there, but I could be wrong. This seller knows his stuff about ESP guitars. I've talked to him alot in the past so he might be right that there are only 25 out there. This "EET FUK" has the correct recessed circle input jack like James' but not correct truss rod cover. This must have been made just before they switched to the square jack plate. I'm guessing it was made in 1990.

load more replies (2 of 2)
ESP 348

Great info gents, thanks for sharing.

RaulTx

Yeah, it's always cool to read all these details!

Pushead

He dropped the price to $7500.  I think it's ready for Big Daddy B!

ESP 348

Lol, BigDaddy may as well buy it as he has been buying everything else over the last 12 months.

Big Daddy B

Yeah but I only buy hammett gear not hetfield. Need ESP to start releasing the classic monsters!

And just so y'all know it's hard work keeping the economy afloat singlehandedly. All I read about online is how no used gear is moving since Q1. In that time span I bought 10 guitars (8 used) though 2 heavy hitters came from overseas, the KH20 and the Ouija Black.

ESP 348

You're a good man BigDaddy!!

And I hope ESP make some ESP Monsters soon also, I will definitely have to buy those guitars.

Pushead
Big Daddy B wrote:

All I read about online is how no used gear is moving since Q1.

I just bought two used Eclipses last week. 

One of them is an E-II

Big Daddy B
Pushead wrote:

All I read about online is how no used gear is moving since Q1.

I just bought two used Eclipses last week. 

One of them is an E-II

Said online posters have obviously not counted the ESP Forum contingent into their summations.

Post to Thread