NGD: ESP MX-220 EET FUK

Updated
NGD: ESP MX-220 EET FUK

This arrived over the weekend. First run ESP MX-220 EET FUK Explorer 1989 set neck with step joint! Custom ESP blue interior case, all original hardware, in near mint condition. A dream has been fulfilled!

Erick ESP_KKV

Congrats Man!!! I'm so glad that finally your dream has been fulfilled!!! 

Enjoy Man!!!

Big Daddy B

That's awesome dude. Now you and your brother got your dream guitars in like a month of each other!

Big Daddy B

Any mods planned?

ESPEXP

Thanks man! No this guitar will stay exactly the same with all its original parts and case. This is one of the rarest ESP guitars out there, changing it up would be a tragedy.

Nathan S.

Sweet!!! The holy grail of all things Hetfield.

Breadfan32

Nice score!  More pics when you get a chance.  

ESPEXP

Here's a pic of my 1989 ESP MX-220 (Damaged Justice Tour Year) and 1991 ESP MX-250 (Wherever We May Roam Tour Year)

Big Daddy B

Would be sick if you got a wolf to man

Charalampos N.

Yeah..the black one with fretboard inlays of wolf....and man !

ESPEXP

Thanks!! I got lucky and found it on eBay. Same here! I always loved the truss rod cover on it. Back in the day, the old USA ESP catalogs used to show that one in them when they were selling the ESP EXPs, and I was always like man that looks like ebony and that truss rod cover is awesome, now that is what I want. What the USA sold was not that, with the bullet truss rod covers and rosewood fretboards and bolt on. It took me awhile to find it, and when I did I jumped on it cuz I always wanted it this way. So just be patient and be ready to buy if one shows up. As to the weight, yes its definately lighter than the newer MX-250s. I had a 2003 MX-250, and this one is lighter and sounds way better. I didn't think there would be a difference but there is. I don't know if it has a maple neck. I thought it was always mahogany, the entire guitar. Sweet guitar! Have to switch out those knobs for some all chrome ones to match exactly how Het had it though. If I come across a early 90s MX-250, I'll let you know.

Tondog

Is the 220 body slightly "thicker" than your 250?

ESPEXP

Nope they are the same exact size 1 and about 1/2 inch thick. At first I thought it would be, but after measuring, nope.

ESP 348

Congrats!! Absolutely amazing guitar!!

Definitely hold onto this guitar, imagine how hard it will be to find in another 30 years time and imagine what it will be worth to buy.

Thanks for sharing the pics and I hope you enjoy your weekend.

ESPEXP

Thanks man! Yea its an amazing guitar, especially the condition and that it has the step neck joint exactly like Jaymz's. Ultra rare to find! Yea I will definately not be selling this guitar. I'm going to hold onto it a long long long time. As for the Man to Wolf... Erick is the only one I know that has a legit one and I've asked him about it multiple times and he won't sell it. When my KL comes in, I will take a picture of all three

ESP 348

Good to hear mate! Erick has some amazing guitars alright.

I am looking forward to seeing pics of all three guitars, 3 of the best guitars ever!

Take care and enjoy your weekend.

RaulTx

Congrats for this awesome guitar, mate!

I would like to ask you your impressions about its playing, especially compared to the mx250.

Thanks for sharing this with all us!

Henrik S.

Congrats.

this is my collection.

RaulTx

Woah  is that Man To Wolf a legit one?

Mazze F.

Wow that Flying V with the snake inlays really rox!!

Is that a custom guitar built by yourself? Never seen that ESP variety before :-)

Nice guitar collection too!! :-)

Henrik S.

I wish it was.

Back in 2002 I bought a ESP Exp, in 2011 a guitarbuilder made me a new neck out of mahogany, ebony fretbord and the Man to Wolf inlays made of mother of pearl.

The body is a legit ESP and the neck is custom made, it is a good looking guitar, and plays very well.

I have changed the neck Pick up from a 81 to an 85.

RaulTx

Hey ESPEXP! We want more pics! And a detailed review about its playing! 

Breadfan32

I agree! 

Big Daddy B
RaulTx wrote:

Hey ESPEXP! We want more pics! And a detailed review about its playing! 

And maybe a pic of you with it and your brother with his Ouija recreating some of the old Hetfield/Hammett guitar mag poses!

Post to Thread