Zorlac

Updated
Elliot C.

Hey guys,

used to post on here years and years ago. Anyway I own a Zorlac its in ok condition has some scratches around the neck/fret board and headstock. Anyway I havent seen one sold in ages and I was just wondering what they are going for these days.

Thanks guys.

ESP 348

It's definitely the real deal, but definitely not 100% original as he says it is.

Someone has fit that ridiculous truss rod cover and I reckon in the past it had a set of allen keys on the back of the headstock like the old Jackson guitars.

That's a good price to purchase it, then have it re-finished back to like new again.

Will be an awesome guitar then!

FlameToBlack

So, the purpose of two holes on the back was to hold allen keys? 

ESP 348

I think so, I think someone fit some of those allen keys on the back of the headstock like the Jackson Dinky guitars had lol. I think, I am just taking a guess here.

And you can see they also sanded the clear off the back of the neck also. You can see the tinted back of the headstock and how much lighter the back of the neck is.

It's still a great guitar to restore or even just purchase and play it. The price is in the right range for sure. I have seen worse condition sell for more recently.

Zorlac

I still have one of these with the org circa '88 (and spare) decal..  I thought they would fetch more than $2k;

Does the condition of this one really hold it back in terms of value?

ESP 348

Condition will always bring down the value of any guitar IMO.

But that's ok, because the money you save buying one in poor condition you can re-invest back into it to restore it.

I used to only buy guitars in mint condition, but these days I am not affraid to purchase a guitar in poor condition and have it restored or repainted etc.

BlackJack21

@Zorlac are you referring to these?

And I think since the 250s have the sinclair floyd rose, they are lower in value than the 270s.

Zorlac

Yup;

I don't play this one as much.   The EMGs are the older yellow-potted (wax?).

Had this one for ten years or more.  Def paid more than $2k for it :-(

BlackJack21

Cool, it's nice to see someone out there with the '88 version on theirs, rather than the knock offs you find on reverb.

ESP 348
BlackJack21 wrote:

Cool, it's nice to see someone out there with the '88 version on theirs, rather than the knock offs you find on reverb.

Anyone wanna sell me an original Zorlac sticker?

Or let me know if you see another sticker come up for sale.

FlameToBlack
ESP 348 wrote:

Here's decent one for cheap:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kirk-Hammett-guitar-stickers-Zorlac-ESP-MM-270-decal-autograph/124008414747?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

ESP 348
FlameToBlack wrote:

Here's decent one for cheap:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kirk-Hammett-guitar-stickers-Zorlac-ESP-MM-270-decal-autograph/124008414747?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thanks mate, I already have one of these 'replica' ones that I purchased off Ebay.

Zorlac

Unrelated:   saw this one up for sale - hopefully this one isn't another "$7k USD" zorlac ;-/

https://kajsguitarstore.nl/product/elec-g-33/

BlackJack21

Yea I can across this before as well. Kajs always is at the top end for pricing so I bet it's got a decent price tag on it.

And I talked to the guy before he put the 270 on ebay, and we had a pretty good price set, but I ended up not pulling the trigger on it, since I couldn't deal with how far the logo was off on the headstock.

ESP 348

Looks decent, I sent them an email to enquire about the price.

alebtart

I always find it strange that Kirk's Zorlac didn't have a the Skull & Bones fretmarker on the 1st fret but all the production model MM-250 and MM-270's had them (see below for example).

Unrelated, but had ESP ever made Kirk an ESP MM-290 (KH-2) with a Jackson style reverse headstock or even seen him play that version before? Seems strange given this catalogue photo shows him with one....

ESPEXP

My guess would be that the guitar in the picture that Kirk is holding is his original Zorlac, and they edited it removing the sticker, and adding the MM-290 fretboard for the advertisement. You can see that the floyd rose cavity looks a little funky in my opinion.

BlackJack21

@alebtart Kirk's 270 also had only skulls without crossbones on the 24th fret. Over the years, if you look at a lot of Kirk's guitars vs the signature series, there are usually one or two things not exactly like his. There are some models that are exact, but for the most part they are missing a few of the minor details. I don't think we'll ever know the method behind the madness, but they have been doing it since the beginning and still continue to do it to this day. Like the new ESP Sparkle Ouijas for example. One would think if you pay $12k for a guitar you would get it exactly like his, but instead they come with ebony boards instead of rosewood, as well as on Kirk's the "KH" on the headstock is similar to the goldish color like the ouija graphic, and from what I can tell, the signature models will have the standard white/silverish color "KH". I don't think you can miss these details by accident anymore, so like I said there's a reason behind the madness that we probably won't ever know lol.

As for the pic with the MM-290II, I think it was right during the time with the copyright issue over the Jackson headstock, and they were probably was going make these guitars this way, but couldn't since they had to change to the new headstock. Similar to the '98 Ouijas, they came out with the production catalog, and later had to stop making the Ouija due to copyrights. That's just my two cents.

@ESPEXP it could be a hack job, I wouldn't put it past them since they've done it before, but I don't know what their PS skills were like back in the late 80s early 90s lol.

Zorlac

@ESP 348 

Considering you `have 'em all`, can ya give any feedback regarding the neck `feel` with the Zorlac, Relic, and neck-thru Ouiju?

I've had a few of the "W. 48 ST" guitars over the years.   One of the most fav was a Mirage Deluxe (neck-thru, dark ebony finger board, etc);

Prior to this Mirage, I hadn't been a huge ESP fan.  Everything changed with this.  So solid, was a real treat to play.

Similar to this photo:

(if ya want my extra decal, i'll gladly sell it to ya for what I paid)

ESP 348

Hi mate,

I probably can't tell you the differences between those necks because it's been that long since I played them 'back to back'.

But from memory, I am going to say the Zorlac and Relic necks are very similar in that they are thin and smooth, the NTB Ouija has a slightly thicker neck which is glossy.

They are still awesome to play, I think the white Ouija used to sound the best of those 3 I reckon.

Please send me a PM in regards to the Zorlac sticker thanks man.

ESP 348

Here is a 1988 Zorlac for sale on Reverb from our old friend.

Asking price is US $7950.

Looks to be in very nice condition.

https://reverb.com/item/33036428-esp-mm250-270-zorlac-1988-black

BlackJack21

It’s actually a ‘90.

ESP 348

Yeah, he listed it originally as 88 model and then changed it to a 90 model.

It was also on Ebay as a 1990 model, but was listed on Reverb as an 88 model.

He got it sorted now either way by the looks of it.

Metalbebby666

It does look to be in great condition.

Too bad I cannot afford it. Hopefully a board member gets it.

ESP 348

Definitely in great condition.

Definitely asking top dollar for it.

Pims

I really can't understand people putting their guitars on rock or ceramic tiles (no offense pap), my heart would stop beating thinking about the dent when you put it on the floor or pick it up. The only place I would put my guitar is on a couch...

Guiguitarz

Je cite l'annonce :

"

À propos de cette annonce

No worries its on foam pads in the pics. Also... "

Il faut lire Mr Pim's, pas seulement regarder les images ! On te l'a dit ça depuis tout petit ! 

Pims
Guiguitarz wrote:

Je cite l'annonce :

"

À propos de cette annonce

No worries its on foam pads in the pics. Also... "

Il faut lire Mr Pim's, pas seulement regarder les images ! On te l'a dit ça depuis tout petit ! 

Autant pour moi, j'en suis rassuré!

ESP 348

All good mate.

ESP 348

Just looking at Hammett guitars on Ebay and have come across both the Zorlacs for sale, one above each other with an AU $300 price difference between them both lol.

I should list mine for sale too for shits and giggles for $300 more so we can see three lunatics selling their Zorlac guitars for 5x times what they are worth.  

Post to Thread