WTB: ESP KH-20

Updated
WTB: ESP KH-20

Hey guys,

I'm back on the market looking to buy an ESP KH-20. I know it will be tough to find but figured this would be a good place to start. If anyone on here is looking to sell, please let me know! Thanks.

ESP 348

I've got 2x KH Jr guitars also Nate for my twin girls. They just turned 4 years old, so perhaps a little too young to play them without totally damaging them.

I was considering buying 2x cheap shit guitars to see if they actually really want to play the guitar but I haven't got around to it yet.

If they don't want to play guitar, then I will hold onto these guitars for a few more years just incase they change their minds. If they don't want to eventually take it up while they are kids, then I sell them and buy them a guitar later in life if they change their minds.

Thanks for sharing your pics, great seeing pictures of your wonderful collection man.

ESP 348

That's great you have a family that loves playing music Nate.

My Wife doesn't like it, but I love playing guitar and hopefully my girls will play soon also.

If they don't then it's all good. I will make enough noise from my Dual Recto to keep them all hating me.

Cheers

NRudy

How much does the kh2 vintage jr sell for on eBay new n used pricing ? Thanks

ESP 348
NRudy wrote:

How much does the kh2 vintage jr sell for on eBay new n used pricing ? Thanks

Here in Australia, I see new prices of AU $300 and there is a used one currently for sale in Australia with a marks on it for AU $169.

**Edit-it is now sold for AU $169**

I think they would be a little bit cheaper in the USA, like everything else in the world.

This $169 KH Jr guitar is the first one I have seen for sale for a while now.

Shockers

I also have a KH Jr for the kids to play.  My eldest shows no interest anymore, but my 9 yo daughter still asks to play on it.  I also work FIFO so it doubles as a travel geet when I cant take a full sized one.  Gonna up grade the stock ESP EMG passives to 81's or 81/60 one day.

All LTD's but still great and suit my ability....

NRudy

They make kh-2 vintage jr? Is that new ? 

Also how is the sound on emg passive 81 n 60 n H from the Gibson Kirk Flying V limited run ? 

I want to add metal pickups to some of my Prs guitars I added original Floyd rose but to add active is a lot more work I love emgs 81,85,60 etc but how are they with passive ? Am I better off with Duncan's I use a custom horizon ESP with Duncan's to play metallicas welcome home. I added chorus and I got the perfect intro sound and then just switched to the bridge pickup for the solo n it was perfect question is for playing old school Metallica does active emg get the closest tone and after that passive emgs ? Or dmarzzio or Duncan's ? Lots of questions ty just confirming kh-20 has dual 81s n ouijas have the 81/60 

load more replies (1 of 1)
NRudy

I never played the ouijas or kh-20 except when I got them saving them as new to sell 1 day should I need to. I do have another black ouija from 1999 and another black ouija from 2009. 

NRudy

NRudy

NRudy

NRudy

NRudy

NRudy

ESP 348
Shockers wrote:

I also have a KH Jr for the kids to play.  My eldest shows no interest anymore, but my 9 yo daughter still asks to play on it.  I also work FIFO so it doubles as a travel geet when I cant take a full sized one.  Gonna up grade the stock ESP EMG passives to 81's or 81/60 one day.

All LTD's but still great and suit my ability....

Very nice collection there man. Digging the caution hot sticker on the Jr guitar.

ESP 348

I give him lessons from age 6 he's a great little roadie he helps me with amp settings n wah etc for dif songs I write he's doing ok but he loves hockey better he's 7 now n smart he'll prob play when he gets older and I have a kh-2 for him when he's older for now the kh-jr  works he loves my gtr collection .

Prs Hollowbody II custom watched him closely as this one is a private stock custom n the Hollowbody model is Prs most expensive model but it's 5 lbs so I let him use it with my supervision lol n when I take Xanax lots!! 

Cute kid! Great to see he at least showed some interest in the guitar at such a young age.

I think he will take it up again when he is older and realises that girls dig rockstars.

NRudy

ty I love him n we spend a lot of time together n I'm slowly teaching him until he can have the patients to sit with a teacher 

he helps me out a lot n can setup all my gear n knows what knobs to shift on the main amps n loves to play with the Dunlop wah kh-95 pedal while I play anything he has a great ear I'll be playing many Metallica songs or sabbath ozzy from the age of 5 he knew how to if u will hum the music if I stopped, what came next. His fav songs are fade one and mop.

And welcome home. I was a 20 year old rocker playing clubs in NYC n after a show I met my wife n with my kh-3 I played fade to black n yeah got married a few months later !!

ESP 348

Great to hear man.

Great story in regards to meeting and marrying your Wife.

ESP 348

Awesome guitars Nate!

NRudy
ESP 348 wrote:

Awesome guitars Nate!

Ty cheers mate

ESP 348

Great to hear you love the Vintage Nate, that is one of my favourite guitars.

There are a few SE guitars for sale at the moment, first time in a while I have seen one actually. They are on Ebay, you might want to jump on one of them before they sell.

I have only ever seen mint condition KH20 guitars, I don't think too many owners would give them a hard time. Lol If I come across a beater KH20, I will be sure to let you know.

Sorry to hear of your broken back, I couldn't think of anything worse mate.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery Nate and thanks for sharing your pics when you can.

NRudy

I'm affraid bad news I have a stress factor in my back bulging discs n I get back spasms n I might need a micro- dicectomy sorry I'm on a pain med drip I can't see I'm trying to pass the time.

im in a bed here in NYC and I have headphones a kh-2 and a small tiny mini orange amp  so playing in bed n trying to rest n not think of the pain. Ty every1 for well wishes I'm by myself but never alone.

I asked the dr if playing gtr or golf for 20 years or hockey n I played all sports in high school n college n after did that since I was lucky not to have a serious injury.

the doc says it can happen from anything in January it started to hurt as we were in a van n there was black ice by JFK airport n I literally have a video of cars ceasing into us trees and some buses clipping us none going fast but that was scary n then the flight to Florida was rough n turbulent that's when my back started to hurt. But after that they thought if I was able to do physical therapy it would fix it but to be honest everything is inflamed needs to be reset n hurts so 1 day at a time. I also have in my room A Hollowbody Prs custom  if I want to play unplugged ty and hope to be home in a few days. 

ESP 348

Sorry to hear man, keep your chin up and stay positive for a speedy recovery.

ESP 348

A question for the KH-20 owners......

What do you use to oil the KH-20 Ebony fretboard???

I recently bought some Dunlop 65 Ultimate Lemon Oil for my Rosewood fretboards on all the other ESP guitars I own.

They guy at the music shop recommended it. I have only oiled one guitar so far with it and I think it's amazing stuff.

It cleans the fretboard, oils it and makes it super smooth! Smells great too, I love the stuff.

Can I safely use this on my KH-20 and re-issue Oiuja guitar with the Ebony fretboard?

Or can anyone recommend anything else to use on these guitars with Ebony fretboards and more importantly those inlays. I don't want to ruin that fretboard or inlays.

Thanks in advance.

Post to Thread