Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

David T.

Is the esp ltd serial number prefix Rxxxxxx Korean made authentic?

Pushead

Well, some guitars started with an R. No idea if the guitar you're talking about is legit or not.

Kyle M.

Anyone able to help identify this guitar?

Pushead

Well this one is a bit tricky. My initial thought based on the back of the headstock is that it was a legit E-II TE-II. But, obviously it's a 7 string. The logo on the front of the headstock would be wrong to be an SRC model, as is the pick guard.

Any chance we can get some more photos?

Kyle M.

It's Kirk Hammett's initials on the headstock as far as I can tell. I've never known him to use a TE body or a 7 string for that matter. Let me know if you want certain photos.

Harlow
Pushead wrote:

The logo on the front of the headstock would be wrong to be an SRC model, as is the pick guard.

Could this potentially be a signature model!?

Pushead

A Kirk Hammett signature model? Nope. It's closest to an SRC model. You can see it on page 14 of this catalog:

https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/104/ESP-2013-Catalog.pdf?1392144935

The serial number is wrong to be an ESP model. The serial number would be an E-II or LTD Elite model. The pickguard is the wrong size and the signature at the top is wrong.

Along with that, the cutaway for the truss rod adjustment isn't the correct shape for an ESP. There is no battery compartment on the back for the EMG pickups. There is no volute on the back of the neck and the neck joint to the body seems wrong, but I have no experience with the Steph models, so maybe he doesn't do the volute. I also don't think this model was a matte finish, but again, I don't know for sure.

Also, after resizing the photo, that's among the worst fake ESP decals I've ever seen.

Pushead

After doing a bit of research into Steph's Tele, that guitar isn't really even that close. Check the photos of the real thing.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-stef-carpenter-t-7-string-baritone-electric-guitar/j39677000001000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwcXQpYj46QIVI4VaBR3FoQL3EAQYASABEgJlpfD_BwE

I feel bad that I didn't have it pegged as a fake from the first two images.

Kyle M.

Thanks for the help Pushead. You're great!

Gantulga L.

Hello everybody 

I would like to ask for some help to find out if this guitar is fake or not?

Pushead

As I said in your other thread, it's a fake. Sorry man.

Marcus S.

Hi, can someone advise year and country of manufacture of an Eclipse Elite with serial number:  EL1314613

Thanks!!

Pushead

2013. It was made in Japan

Pushead

It's legit. A 2006 model.

Marcal R.

Hello. Could you give me some informations about this guitar. Thank's a lot.

Guiguitarz

Fake Ouija as hell 

Chinese replica.

Marcal R.
Guiguitarz wrote:

Fake Ouija as hell 

Chinese replica.

Hello thank's for the information. I was intending to but It, but pleaee, Tell How can O spot this a fake guitar?

Marcal R.
Marcal R. wrote:

Fake Ouija as hell 

Chinese replica.

Hello thank's for the information. I was intending to but It, but pleaee, Tell How can O spot this a fake guitar?

*Tô buy it...

Pushead

It's all in the small details. The headstock shape, the volute shape, the decals...

Daniel G.

Cek serial number

Post to Thread