Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Pushead

FWIW, it was probably supposed to be a fake PRS and they got their stickers wrong.

I mean, it's still a pretty obvious fake PRS as well, but I suppose it's closer to their shape than an ESP.

Thomas B.

@Aurora -Yes, thanks, new pickups are already installed.

Now that I know that the guitar is a fake, I took a close look at it. A short report so that other fakes can be recognized better.

The first impression ... An ESP with PRS birds on the fingerboard ?? and the logo is too big. My stomach said to me something is wrong. I'm brave and invest the 200 euros

The neck is very straight, the frets fit perfectly and the ends are rounded. No death note on the fingerboard. The trussrod works in both directions.
The lacquer suggests mahogany wood (neck and body) with a maple top. But ... it's all maple, neck and body (body possibly poplar?). The shaping is done by hand. You feel irregularities but you don't see them. The pockets for the pickups are milled without templates and a bit crooked. You can only see it when you remove the pickups. The bridge is gotoh branded. The electric was confused (previous owner?)

I have now repaired the guitar. You can play them well and the sustain is (unamplified) good. The new humbuckers sound good. The neck pickup can now be split. The circuit has treble bleed

I paid 200 euros (including suitcase and practice amp) and I invested another 100 euros (and a few hours). It's ok, but it's a Fake. I will engrave "Fake" on the back of the headstock :-)

In the next few days I will compare it with my real ESP LTD (2002?) for 1500 euros :-)

SebastianJose C.

Hi Pushead, i want to ask about this one, is real? the crooked grover tuners make me suspicious haha.

Thanks.

Pushead

Looks fine to me. Someone must have been hung over when installing the tuners. 2007 model.

SebastianJose C.

Haha thank you Pushead.

Alexander T.

Hello. Looking for some information about this guitar. Whether the paint and the relic job are factory made or it was repainted?And actually is it original or a fake? These block inlays make me feel unconfident

Pushead

Wow. That's something I've never seen before. I tried going to the Avito website to see if there were any more photos available, but I couldn't find the guitar. I'd really like to see the front of the head stock.

The guitar looks legit (the serial number and logos on the back are right.) It has a Standard Series serial number showing it's a 2009 model, but I've never seen one offered in that color before. Though that being said, I recently purchased a "one-off" color on an Eclipse, so I guess that is something that happened occasionally. The fact that the serial number and logos are still there makes me assume it's the original color.

If I had to guess, I'd say the fret board was replaced with a Gibson-style block inlay board. I suspect the wear was also done outside the factory.

I'd try emailing these pics (and any others you can find) to the ESP USA Customer support to see if they can find out any more about the guitar.

Alexander T.

Thanks for the answer. This is the link 

https://m.avito.ru/moskva/muzykalnye_instrumenty/esp_eclipse-1_ctm_ft_55mm_left_hand_1061693146 

The seller says it was custom built but there is now information about the origin of wear and block. Also it gives me a lil bit of concearn. If the guitar is custom made why is there "SS" in the serial number. Should't it start with "T"? 

Pushead

Well, it's not a Custom Shop build with an SS number. But the "one-off" color I have is an SS number as well. I've seen some ESP guitars from Russia that I've never seen in the rest of the world, so there may be a shop there that is able to order things that the rest of the world doesn't get.

The rest of the photos look good as well. The only thing that gives me pause is the inlays, but I feel pretty good about the legitimacy of the guitar.

Alexander T.

Thank you very much!

alebtart

Could be similar to how Bmusic (ESP Dealer in Australia) had done Special Runs such as the SV "Bloodbath" and the M-III "Bushido" which still had an "SSXXXXXXX" serial number. 

Dustin M.

The serial number is IW11040006 it says Indonesia is this Ltd esp worth anything or was I hustled just wanna know the year and the value please any help is appreciated 

Pushead

Well, it's legit. I can't quite make out the model on the fingerboard, but I suspect it's an MH-100. According to the serial number, it's a 2011 model.

In good shape, and with the case, it would probably sell for around $225 USD. With the stickers and whatnot, I'd stick around the mid $100s.

Vitor R.

Hello! I'm willing to buy this one, just wanted to be sure about the year and if it's the real deal, since I couldn't find this colour specification in any of the catalogs I've checked (unless this is see-thru red). Thanks! 

Stanley S.

Hello, I have some questions about this F-200.  I haven't found any other F-200's in any of the catalogs and would greatly appreciate any information you or anyone on the forum could provide. I'm in the process of re-stringing and set it up. 

The serial number is E 055739.

It has a Licensed Floyd Rose and EMG HZ pickups with a battery installed in the control cavity.

Thanks.

Stan

• q4
Pushead

Vitor, the Eclipse is legit. Mid to late 90s.

Stanley, the F is an early 2000s model, before the change in serial number format. The 6 digit format was from 2000-03. The EMG HZ pickups don't use a battery, so I'm not sure what the battery would be for.

Vitor R.

Thanks Pushead! Any idea how much it’s worth? Found a couple of similar adds on Reverb ranging from 1k to 2k. This one is here in Brazil, and I’m actually planing on trading my Fender Tele 72 Deluxe (mim reissue) for it, which would be a great deal if the prices on Reverb are right. 

Stanley S.

Thanks for the information Pushead!  This helped a lot! I'll have to take another look at the wiring to see what's up with the battery! 

Stan

Pushead

I'm not familiar with the market in Brazil, so I'd have a hard time saying what it's worth. I'd say the 72 Deluxe RI is a pretty good trade for it.

In the US, I'd figure it sells around the $900 range.

Vitor R.

I’m going to take a look at the guitar today. A $900 guitar in the US would probably cost a bit more than what the guy is asking in Brazilian currency, but I guess it’s not an easy sell around here. Well, thanks again!

sjc93

Hi, I was just wondering if you could tell me the year of my MH-301. I think it's a 2003 but I'm not positive. I've had it since around 2007, but I'm just now getting curious. Lol

Post to Thread