Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Pushead

Black top, white sides and back? That's a bit odd. The guitar looks fine.

Caio M.

Thanks Pushead!

I thought it was strange, too. I do not know if I buy..

(sorry my english, from Brazil)

Vlad Invictus

Hey, everyone! This is my 1st post ever so just a quick question on my EC-1000 serial number. It starts with a "R" so I don't know which factory it's supposed to be from (please HELP, Pushead!), but I'm pretty sure, judging by the numbers, she's having her 11th birthday in 4 days, right (0816526)? Best regards to all my fellow ESPians!

Pushead

Yep, it's a legit 2008.

Vlad Invictus

Thanks, buddy!

Mike V.

Hello looking to date my esp I believe it’s a mirage just says esp on the head stock ..and has the New York New York plate 

Pushead

Hard to judge with just one photo. 1980s based on the headstock shape, but that's as good as we can get from that.

Scott M.

I recently came across this guitar and want to check its authenticity.  Is this guitar legitimate or a fake?

I did procure it from someone in ukraine, but it has the "inspected in usa" sticker on it.  I asked him about that and he said he bought it from someone in the usa.  I did replace the battery for the active pickups in the unit and it was a duracell battery that said it was made in malyasia.

It looks like a 2011 and I see in the ESP Catalog the pickups came black stock in 2011 and this guitar has gold EMGs, but I am sure that those can be customized upon ordering from ESP?

Other than the items mentioned above (bought in ukraine with "inspected in usa" sticker on it, the malysian duracell battery, and the gold pickups) I cannot find any other flaws that would make me think it is a knock off.  Just wanted to check for certainty.  Thanks!

Pushead

The guitar is legit. The pickups are easily swapped and it could have been done by a previous owner.

Scott M.

Thank you!  Keep up the great work!

SebastianJose C.

Hi Pushead, could you tell me from which year and country of origin its this one, and also if its legit please.

Pushead

It's legit from 2010. Made at the World Music factory in Korea. I'm not sure the tuners are original, but I'm not super familiar with the Stef models.

Billyates

Hi, I just bought an EC-1000 and was wondering if it was legit. (Ordered from pro audio star)

Serial # - W17121476

Billyates

Pushead

Yes, it's legit. Any major dealer isn't going to mess with their distribution deal and sell fake guitars.

It's a 2017 model.

Billyates

Ok cool.  Thank you so much! 

nikita b.

HI!

Is the serial number correct?
R0714099
ESP LTD EC-1000

Why number of day is 0?

And also i have 25k pots in my guitar instead 500k

Post to Thread