Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Pushead

Going based on the profile pic, I'm going to say it's legit. The serial number shows it's a 2013 model.

I'm unsure what he's looking at to the right, but outside of the photo.

Superhawk

Hi I got a Kamikazi - 1 with a serial number 542105. What year?

Pushead

Do you have photos you can share? Might make the process easier. It's not common to see a 6 digit serial number.

Superhawk

Superhawk

Superhawk

I also have this one, same model Kami -1 serial number 145201

Superhawk

Body shot for the second ax

Superhawk

So the top guitar is supposed to be mid 90's and the bottom one is listed as late 80's. Anyone got some info on year's for me and if these are legit ESPs and not fakes?

I have them on hold and they only hold them so long before I need to make a purchase. 

That said, based on any info revealed here, and they both are legit ESPs, is there a difference between one made in the late 80's and one  made 10 years after that? (to help me with my choice to buy which one).

Any help is appreciated!!!! Thank you!

Pushead

I have no reason to believe they're other than how they're described. But I have no experience with the Lynch models and little experience with anything from the 80's.

I'd pick the one that sounds best or is in the best shape.

Superhawk

OK, thanks. If anyone has any date info using the numbers, that'd be  boss. 

Pushead

The six digit serial number makes it difficult to nail down a year, but between 2000-2003. As for specs, it's hard to tell without knowing what model it is. Maple neck and at least 5 strings is about as much as I can do for you with just the photo (there's a shadow on the left that I'm willing to bet is another tuner.)

Ashler

Hi, I recently purchased an E-II FRX FM from Japan and I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it's legit (and any other info from the number). Thanks!

Pushead

Hard to confirm with just a single photo, but according to the markings on the back of the headstock, it's probably fine. 2015 model.

Oulianov K.

Someone can help me to know more about this guitar ? Year and place of fabrication ? Serial nubmer is 43248

She's looks a lot like the first prototype of LTD in 1996 .

Please note the neck single coil is not original , maybe the humbucker but i dont have more information .

Pushead

Yeah, it's an LTD Mirage from the mid to late 90s. Likely made in Korea. Ash body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, Wilkenson trem, stock it had ESP pickups and hardware.

Max A.

Hello, looking to buy his guitar but wanted to make sure it's legit? Thanks!

Bill A.

Hello,

Growing up I've always wanted one of these guitars but never got one due to general dislike of the shape, now that I'm older I decided I had to have one in my collection only to find they are discontinued. I searched around for a while and one finally popped up with the specs I wanted. I impulsively purchased it since it was a good deal and read up on it and realized I had bought an ESP LTD AX-400 that was made in Indonesia. It is also not finished with the "See thru" black color that I later read was one of the only 2 colors offered in the 400 series. I am questioning the authenticity of it being a 400 and not a 350 or some other model that someone changed pickups in etc to make it a "400". The cover up top on the head stock does not state the model either. The seller conveyed that he did replace the neck side pickup to an EMG85 which I'm actually pleased about. is it possible to know the original model based on the serial number?

S/N: IS0817859

Post to Thread