Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Michael M.

I recently purchased an ESP LTD VIPER 10 from a retailer. I have suspicions that it is a fake. The serial number and model number is# SP1020877 #427. Thanks in advance for any help.

Pushead

We'll need pics to be able to give an opinion. But in reality, there isn't much money to be made by faking a $200 guitar, so you're probably safe.

Michael M.

I was mistaken on that serial number. It is SP18020772 MODEL N427. Anybody know anything plz let me know. 

Michael M.

Ser. SP18020772 MOD. N427

Hello, need help with ESP LTD Viper 10 series. 

Pushead

The N427 is the RoHS Compliance certificate (for environmental materials). The SP18020772 is the serial number, which means it's a 2018 model. Likely made in China or Indonesia. Since it's 2018, it won't have LTD or the model number at the 12th fret. Instead, it will have the model number on the truss rod cover.

What about the guitar makes you think it's a fake?

Please post a photo if you can.

Robert M.

Hello... can you tell me about SK11030205? I am asking you because you seem to know. Bought for $100 new..i would like to know the value. Tyvm

Nima K.

Hello... about 4 months ago I bought an ltd  m-1001 with this serial number: W18100207. I checked the other ltd m-1001 guitars and I realized that the other guitars have model number on 12th fret but mine doesn't have this. I don't have access to any ESP dealers. Can you help me with this? Is it fake or not? 

Thank you

Michael M.

I guess if u can verify the serial then it is real. I'll post pics if i can figure it out. It's just any and all ESP 's or LTD's I've ever handled whether it was $190 or$1000, was well constructed, sturdy, good working components, i.e. tuners, truss rod, so on, so forth. But this one here, this viper, the neck is so poorly constructed. I take REAL GREAT care of my instruments as well. The fiance often asks whether i love her at all, or just my guitars LOL. Anyways, i see two small marks in the maple on the lower back of the neck. These marks are from the inside- out. The truss rod doesn't even seem to be doing anything. I can sit and play, and watch my neck relief increase and decrease before my eyes. I can just put a finger on it and move it myself at my own will. I also had noticed the neck bolts appearing to be set in crooked. Over a small period (about a week) i began noticing these crooked neck bolts that one of them was slowly backing it's way out. Tried screwing it back in only to find that it was stripped to begin with. It just seemed like an LTD that is far under parr for ESP standards. And ofcourse being passed the return date the website i got it from won't replace or repair, and I've heard nothing back from ESP on my warranty for it. It just feels i got the raw end of a deal. I thought their quality was decently higher than this no matter what the instrument costed. 

Michael M.

the marks are so subtle you can barely see them. But they are there

right above the glare from my camera flash you can see that small little Mark. That is from the inside out. There is no feel of it or crack on the outside of the Finish. there is another image with another Mark but I can't get the damn thing to allow me to use the picture. but it is as if the truss rod doesn't even work. I have even taken off the strings and tighten the truss rod all the way down to create back bow and then slowly release it after sitting like that for 2 days. just seems poorly constructed

Pushead

Well, if you bought from an authorized ESP/LTD dealer, there's virtually no chance it's a fake. The fact that the truss rod is not working is disappointing.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest e-mailing customerservice@espguitars.com and sharing your story.

Michael M.

Thanks for taking the time tho. And i definitely will do that. Cuz again, i usually see much higher quality from ESP whether it b $190.00 instrument or $1,999. Perhaps there was an issue in the making of, and this was just one of many "bad eggs" off the line. Someone at ESP would at least need to know or maybe even b glad to know of such an issue. Thanks again for your insight. Update on that truss rod tho. I removed the strings ,tightened the truss rod all the way and left it like that for about a day and half to try and create a little back bow so that it might give the truss rod some resistance to work with. It worked for about 3 days and now it's back to wavering between low relief to little or excessive relief, whilst it's being played. Well, worth a shot i thought.. Thanks again !!

Michael G.

Hi all!

Just checking on this ESP LTD KH-202 to see the year, if it's authentic, etc...

Serial is a sticker - W0248113

Thanks!

Pushead

The guitar is legit. The 7 digit serial number format is a bit difficult to track to the exact year, but it's within the 2000-2003 window.

Michael G.

Thanks!  Yeah I haven't been able to track it either.  The seller said he got it around 2004.

Michael V.

I have an EC-50 LTD, bought used (reselling BTW....), and would like full info. I can't find any other online reference for serial number translation. Thanks.

Pushead

The EC-50 is legit. A 2012 model. Can't say I remember ever seeing one in the silverburst.

Helgihein

I have LTD EX-50 with serial number L13121313, is it true serial numbers?

AK

Two things to know about this thread that might help you:

1) posting photos makes it easier to identify if your guitar is legit or not,

2) if you have an LTD it is very likely that it is legit because the counterfeits are often bad replicas of ESPs and not LTDs.

Pushead

If only someone had said that before.

Post to Thread