Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Matt M.

Hey I recently picked up what seems to be an older 80s Esp custom. Has a 4 digit serial stamped onto neck plate 

Any idea what era ? I’ll post pics later

Kroni606

Esp Ltd steph Carpenter

SC-500

Sn.  E069729

?

Pushead

We need pics, but that serial number style would be early 2000's.

safuan r.

Hi, i want to buy a second hand LTD VIper 50 made in Indonesia with the serial number IR0402941 (legit or not), the guitar is practically beat up and the guy who want to sell it at 250USD (1k malaysia ringgit) the reason because he changed the pickup EMG 81 and 85, because this is the main reason why i want to buy this guitar. Please advise if the price is suitable for it based on the following pictures.

bended frets

Pushead

The guitar is legit. In the US, that's not such a great deal, but I have no idea what the market is like in your part of the world.

safuan r.

Thank you for your feedback, i really appreciate it.

safuan r.

there no much a value here but i dont know should the price of this guitar goes up because of the emg pickups? 

Pushead

The EMGs increase the value of the guitar, but between the wear on the body, the rusty hardware and the worn frets, that brings the value down to me.

In the US, I'd say offer him $175 and see how that goes, but again, for $250 in the US, there are tons of nice used guitars.

Jonathan N.

Just bought it for $100, but I'm really curious about its origin.

Sc200 Stephen Carpenter 

H0600825

Pushead

It appears to be made in China. 2006 model.

According to the 2006 catalog these are the specs:

•.BOLT-ON.CONSTRUCTION

•.25 . 5”.SCALE

•.BASSWOOD.BODY

•.MAPLE.NECK

•.ROSEWOOD.FINGERBOARD

•.MODEL.NAME.AT.24TH.FRET

•.DUNCAN.DESIGNED.HB-102.PICKUPS

mehegama

Can please someone help my identify my Horizon Deluxe with a 6 number serial?

Pushead

We'll need photos to be able to help.

mehegama

here:

Pushead

Late 80s to 1990 is probably as good as we can get. The head stock went from this Jackson style to the current knife stock around 91/92, still during the time they used the sinclair trem.

This is the first guitar from the period I've seen with no inlays except the 12th.

mehegama

Actually, if you see the old catalogs of 87 and 90 you ll notice that the horizon models do not have inlays st all. I was told is from 86. It is in perfect condition and plays and feels just amazingly.

Any way to decifer the serial?

Sigurd  R.

hi, I wanted to know the history of my Ltd guitar Year of manufacture and if they are original. thank you so much

Marcos D.

I want know the history and year of my guitar

Is a Ltd ESP EC-256 Lemon Drop Left Hand

Made in Vietnam

Serial number: 17090253

Post to Thread