LTD Truckster painting - Now with pics.

Updated
LTD Truckster painting - Now with pics.

I just got a LTD Truckster, one of the earlier runs when the black one came out. Ive noticed the white paint the shows off under the black paint its a bit yellowish, just on the spot where your arm sits. on the rest of the guitar is whitier. Is it normal? I maean, do all of them have the same collor feel? The funny thing is, I saw pictures of the guitar before getting it, and it looked very white to me. But seeing it in person it has a yellowish collor. Can it be the normal aging of the white? Can i sand it a litttle to bring more the withe coller? Is there any product I can use to give it a cleaner look?

Thank you!

boogie20

Here's a pic of my ESP snakebyte. It was hard to get a good pic of the color change. So I put a piece of white paper on the guitar for a reference

boogie20

Eduardo M.

Thanks for the pic, boogie20!

It´s difficult to picture the true color of white guitars, because cameras has a white balance color making everything look "whitier".  I can see a more darker color on your guitar but its not very accurate. Since your snakebyte still has the 81/60 pickup set, I think its was made in 2011, the frist year of production of the Snakebyte, I think. Your guitar is 4 maybe 5 years old. I dont know if its normal for it to already change the white color or if its a bit premature for that to happen. But i guess all white guitars will eventually turn yellow, no matter what. Is the yellow color becoming even in all the guitar or its more yellow on some spots?

boogie20

Yeah, my guitar is from 2011. It does appear to be darker in certain spots. Especially in the back. But it is wahat it is. It still plays really good though.

Big Daddy B

If you can pull this up, this ESP White Ouija was on sale recently on eBay. You can see how the white paint has yellowed on this one too. It's normal aging. Why fight it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Price-ESP-KH-2-OUIJA-WHITE-KIRK-HAMMETT-SIGNATURE-Metallica-Guitar-MIJ-/161447428003?pt=Guitar&hash=item2597043fa3&nma=true&si=Hr2Bh2ViyAQyh6h0UKhDRJHHkWI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Big Daddy B
Eduardo M. wrote:

i think it doesnt look that cool a black guitar with yellow stains....that sucks

That pretty much describes the original iron cross

Eduardo M.

Boogie20, I think you guitar looks awesome! I will not bother at all when my white Snakebyte starts to turn a bit yellow. It looks beautifull when a total white guitar starts to turn yellow. But I didnt like that much the loooks of my truckster, which is a black guitar, with yellowish stains. I mean, i do like it, it plays and sound great and it looks bad ass, but I would prefer, in that case, for it to stay white. It would look cooler in my opinion. I think I was a bit shocked when I opened the case and realise the white layer exposed on the guitar had a yellow color. I wasnt expect that, at all.

Big Daddy B, thanks for the link. I havent seen a yellowish whit ouija before. It looks cool though. I guess my only beef if with the truckster! lol

As I said ealier, I also have a white Gibson Explorer, its been whit me a long time. Its already starting to turn yellow a bit. And it looks great.

I have something in my mind. There is a company here specialized in custom painted guitars. i´ve seen their word before and its amazing. I´m thinking about sending my truckster to them to repaint it, trying to look exactly like the Original version, but better. I think the aging, even on the ESP version looks a bit fake. And I want them to costomize in a way that looks more genuine. Have you guys ever thought about doing this? Have anyone on this board ever do some kind of mod on a Truckster? If so, could you please send me some pics?

Pushead

I didn't save the photo of the completed guitar, but this is a mockup I did for someone from the old board.  He had it painted, but it was far more orange.  And glossy.

boogie20

Yeah, I don't hate the color change. I just prefer it to stay white. Lol.

Eduardo M.

Sick mod in that truckster. i didnt like the color through. I was thinking about making some more damage in the painting on the neck of my guitar. Has Anyone tried doing this before? But um afraid to do it and ending up looking terrible

Shockers

My Truckster is my "go to" guitar.  Just has a certain feel to it.

Eduardo M.

Nice Shockers!

Could you please check yours and see if it has the same yellowish look?

Ronaldo Venesuala

Just an update to this thread, my ESP SnakeByte has turned more of an Antique White than a Snow (Pure) White that it was in when it was new in 2013. I've wondered about this also. I did a liitle test to see if it's the guitar or the lighting. I can see clearly that there has been some fading, but how much? And was this intended? You James Hetfield loves hos old Gibson Explorers and they were notorious for turning yellow. One is with a flash on, and the other is no flash, you tell me?

ESP 348

I wonder why white guitars turn to cream/yellowish over time?

Amazing that your Les Paul used to be white Pus and now it looks freaking yellow!!

Pushead

Nah, it was just the lighting.  In natural lighting, with a better white-balance on the camera, you can tell that 38 year old alpine white is nearly an exact match for snow white.

Post to Thread