Method of Payment

Updated
Method of Payment

Hi guys - just wondering what form of payment you guys use when agreeing to deals on this board w/o using Ebay/Paypal. 

Anyone tried out escrow . com?

boogie20

I wish you made this thread a week ago!!!! I just cancelled a deal because i am not comfortable with paypal.

RZK

Not comfortable with Paypal?

boogie20

For some reason i wasn't covered under payapl protection. When I called them about it, they said i was taking a risk proceeding with the transaction. I already got burned through paypal once before, I lost a ESP exp explorer. Needless to say, i was not happy about it.

RZK

Did you send the money as a gift? Never do that. Always send it as a payment for goods, and include a detailed description of the item you are buying.

Not saying you did that, but that's what a lot of people do.

boogie20

No, I was selling the guitar. Long story short, guy sent me payment. The money was in my paypal account, i got a notice saying that paypal was was updating the site and the funds were on hold. Fast forward a few more days i got another notice saying that there were some delays and that i needed to send the guitar to complete the transaction. Fast forward another few days i got another notice saying that the funds would be released it was just taking the usual time to clear. By this time i got suspicious and called ups to cancel the delivery, but the guitar had already been delivered. I checked back into my paypal account and all traces of the transaction were gone. i called customer service and they could not find any proof of any transaction. My mistake was deleteing all the emails. Basically I screwed myself and got scammed. So I am hesitant to ever use paypal again. Not saying it was their fault, but just too many things can go wrong.

I'm pretty sure i didn't open a paypal link in any email. So i'm not sure how that whole thing happened. But obviously i wasn't careful enough.

RZK

Wow. That really sucks. I don't blame you for not wanting to use it. Kinda became the victim of a fluke, but still, I'd probably be in the same boat as you.

load more replies (1 of 1)
vdubs75

Well - Paypal fees are rather high not sure about the protection for private sales through paypal. 

Post to Thread