jon donais

Updated
loversmoon
I noticed on the new page he is no longer listed under the signature guitars. Has he left ESP?
Judas

A few sig models disappeared from last year. Page Hamilton is another. I think it is more a case of sales volume that has the models axed from production not the artist not using ESP

dimebagfan01

^ +1 I remember Jon posted new ESPs he got on Facebook not too long ago, so I doubt he left. Sales on that model just weren't doing as well as ESP hoped, I suppose.

loversmoon

hmm cool. i was just wondering. I have his washburn which is and excellent guitar. I have not played the esp version.

jsp

Maybe it didn't sell well because it was over $4k.

OutlawTorn

i played an LTD version a while back, it felt like an M-2 with a baseball bat sized neck, nice guitar just was not something i would buy.... i guess the rest of the world felt the same...

cecilbag

I've got the ltd one and really like it but I agree the real esp is way overpriced.

Richard A.

i played an LTD version a while back, it felt like an M-2 with a baseball bat sized neck, nice guitar just was not something i would buy.... i guess the rest of the world felt the same...

Lemme guess the one in Rockland Music, I stopped in there about a month or so ago to pickup some Strap Locks and saw it in there. Wanted to try it didnt have time though

jsp

I actually like the U neck profile.

DB-VII

I dont think he left ESP, his picture is in the 2011 catalog, they obviously dropped his sig though.

Spoonylove

My local shop has a JD-600 for like, $200 off Musician's Friend's price. It is tempting.....

jsp

There was someone here selling theirs for like $400 not too long ago.

Spoonylove

Yea, I think this one is $579 new or some shit. No idea why it's so cheap. Plays well, and looks clean. I've thought about getting it and trying to flip it, but it seems the LTD's don't have enough resale value for it to even be worth the effort. Meh.

cecilbag

I bought mine almost 2 years ago on vacation in arizona for only 599 because it had sat in the shop so long they just wanted it moved I bought a new case and brought it home I like it as a gigging guitar very simple and rugged I'd love the real esp but not worth the cash

Jon A.

Maybe it didn't sell well because it was over $4k.

This!^

esp_eraser

This!^
+1
Magnificent guitars but overly pricey for SF sigs
The Washburn series was far more successful in units shifted I would imagine however totally different build qualities.

fireheart82

agree with that

cfhmachado

doesn't mean i wouldnt like to try out the esp version. i just could bring myself to spend nearly 4grand to play one.

Post to Thread