ESP Kamikaze or a Bootleg bones ... anyone have advice?

Updated
ESP Kamikaze or a Bootleg bones ... anyone have advice?
For the last 6 months I've been trying to decide on which one to get. I found a Kami 1 for 1700 Dollars, and the Bootleg Bones from X-ray is 1500..... Problem is, one month I would love to own a Kami... but the next month I'd want the Bootleg Bones ..... and I can't seem to come to a full 100% decision. So anyone that has either of these guitars? That could offer advice on which to get... or just anyones advice on what they would prefer... the ESP for a killer deal etc ?. Reckon I'm going to splash out in the next couple of days for whichever one I choose...
slovakzombiehero

Paging BLS...

Trendkill

Thanks Big Rich .... that's the kind of advice I'm looking for, that's what I'm stuck on... the quality of the Kami is the driving force to get it... and it's a guitar I can be buried with and take to the grave!

A CWG Bones would be great but it's just too expensive for me right now and the future.

Trendkill

Cheers for the contribution man, sweet purchases you have there.

if it was up to me I'd have both... well... it is up to me :D...

Think I am going to go for the Kami because of the great deal that I can't pass up, 1700 bucks isn't too bad a price!... and who knows, sometime in the future, the reversal of your acquirings, I may come across a bones...

Cheers guys.

dinga

I prefer the bones. US made and sort of limited quality. Different than the original J Frogg but cool in it's own way. The Kamikaze is one of the dream guitars that I had to own. You can always get a Kamikaze. There are lots out there and someone is always getting rid of one. The bones, well it is made for you and that is sort of a cool thing. You can tell Kurt how you want it and he will make it for you. Pick the wood. Hell he will mod the sculpt for you as well (Vampire bones!) or knock a tooth out for you to make it different. All of the X Ray Bones are different as they are hand sculpted. It is hard choice but I just bought both.

By the way, for what I paid for both guitars I still couldn't have gotten a J Frogg from Ed Romans. :lol

Trendkill

Cheers and damn you Dinga... see that's what attracts me to the Bones.... damn procrastination!!!

just when I thought I had decided!!.

See the problem is, I'm in Ireland (and we all now what financial state it is in right now), so either way, The UPS Shipping... and the custom duties are going to rape me severely... :(, Customs and Shipping is probably gonna be an extra 700 bucks!!

but yeah, the Ed Romans and CWG, too expensive for me :(

dinga

Ouch. I am in Canada and the duty wasn't too bad. But shipping to Ireland would cost a lot. In that case... Go for the Kamikaze. You won't be disappointed. Yes the Bones is cool but you will pay way too much to get it shipped.

Trendkill

It's about 400 dollars and then customs thrown in on top of that. Think the Kami is the way to go for the moment anyway.

The bones is around 450.

Probably be cheaper to fly there and pick it up myself :D

dinga

Get the Kamikaze. You won't be disappointed. It is an awesome guitar. Just make sure you have strap locks and be careful if you hang it as it is one heavy slab of maple.

dinga

OK that does it. Definitely buy the Kamikaze and send me the case. I love those cases!! Mine only had the ESP case :lol

Enjoy the Kamikaze. You will be happy with it.

Big Rich

agreed, if your gona get a bones guitar try to find a real one ...

those xray guitars look like 99cent store halloween decorations with a floyd rose

dinga

I do like my X-ray Bones regardless that it is not a 100% copy of the original. It works for me. I really considered a J Frogg at Ed Romans but well.... you know Ed.

dinga

Bastards... You had me on that one. Enjoy the Kami trendkill.

Big Rich

sweet dude post pics when you get it ... and let me know how those brass blocks are ... ive been thinking about putting those on my guitars forever

Metlupass2

Post a bunch of pics when you get it.

Trendkill

Never EVER gonna use UPS again!. The guitar is gone back to a COLD warehouse until tomorrow, but I haven't heard anything from anyone yet... so it looks like it is going to be there all weekend too!. FoOOOOOOoooooK

Post to Thread