Iron Cross Owners

Updated
Iron Cross Owners

Since a couple of board members own or ordered the IC, I was just wondering what number you got and where you are located......and maybe the price you paid Ok, I begin: #026 - vdubs75 - Baltimore, MD, USA - $5,599

ESP 348

Awesome pics man. I never realized the crazy curvature of the top of the body. Any pics of the back of the body please?

Nathan S.
ESP 348 wrote:

Awesome pics man. I never realized the crazy curvature of the top of the body. Any pics of the back of the body please?

There's more than just flat guitars to the world Pap 

ESP 348

lol, after seeing these pics I want one.

Guiguitarz

Me too 

Raf
ESP 348 wrote:

I forgot this one ;-)

ESP 348

Cheers mate, appreciate it.

Robert C.

Love how it looks like it's been hit with birdshot!  Sweet pics.   

djinn&tonic

Happy new year fellow IC’ers !  :-)

Coming to 10 years I’ve had this baby, the hardware has been ageing beautifully - note the copper oxidation on the left part of brass string saddle has made it look silver.

Would be cool to see if your IC’s have similar cool relic quirks ...

djinn&tonic

+ teh Het’s IC

Sleazy_D

I’d love to just have a go on an Iron Cross. I’m sure they feel very nice. 

Mark C.

Hi guys I'm slowly starting to collect guitars and I've been wanting to get the white Iron Cross. Any inputs regarding feel and sound? Worth the price? I just find it so beautiful plus I'm a huge Hetfield fan. Thanks guys.

Mesa Sean

anyone looking to sell one of the OG Iron Crosses? 

I miss mine! :(

Breadfan32

A blast from the past!  

emg3254

I'm the same way about the "GRYNCH" I sold. 

I bought one new when they came out and ended up selling it a few weeks later.  Just didn't gel with it at the time.  Regret it and have been looking for another but every one for sale seems to be WAY overpriced.

Hope you find another black ESP IC Sean!

ESP 348

One guitar you should have never sold Sean.

vdubs75

Yeah, miss mine as well. Sold all JH models I owned and kept only a LP. Have to say IC was out of this world and Truckster is generally underrated, great guitar.

Vadesne  F.

Hi !! the world is really small, it's me who got you Grynch

I almost bought your JH 1 at the time and I regret not having done it

vdubs75
Vadesne F. wrote:

Hi !! the world is really small, it's me who got you Grynch

I almost bought your JH 1 at the time and I regret not having done it

Nice! Hope you are enjoying the Grynch mate! And yes, you should've :-) 

ESP 348

One thing is definitely in common, all the ex original IC owners always say they miss their guitars.

Which is why I made my comment. lol

They definitely look great and although I haven't had the pleasure in playing one yet, I am sure they are awesome.

Mesa Sean

The main thing for me was the SS frets. I never had a guitar with SS frets and wow... just wow. Played and sounded insane. I found I had to go up a gauge in strings for each tuning because of the SS frets on the black Iron Cross.

ERS182

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2009 IC Distressed Black and I have a question from other Distressed Black IC owners: I do know being rusty is part of the design but I wanna make sure this "amount" of rust on the bridge, tuners or else is normal and part of the design, or it’s actually eroding and I have to do something about it! Please see the following pics.

Thanks!

djinn&tonic

It's normal - my bridge oxidized to the point the bronze has turned completely grey on the left side. 

It's all good imo gives it the het mojo  \ii/

Dmc83

For sale ?

Pushead

"Is my reliced guitar too reliced?"

If the bridge and tuners work properly, everything is fine.

Post to Thread