Iron Cross Ltd - bit of info - not april fools ;P

Updated
Gwedo
Just been told that 18 are heading to the UK out of 150...........but it sounds very sketchy! Rumour is (as we all know I think) ESP showed Het the Ltd and he thought it was not beat up enough, apparently all the guitars are in the US getting more relicing done before being released. Going to by around the same price as the Ouija so £1700 RRP maybe more as the trip to the US must push the price up i guess I want one but at the same time thats 08 Les Paul Money :-/ how good was the Grynch LTD i never actually saw one?
Ozwepaie

"Uncle Milty" ?? Het must have acquired the guitar from his gay lover Stephen Pearcy ?
Milton Berle was Pearcy's uncle and was in all the old Ratt videos.
Not to get too off topic, but for those of you how don't know. "Johnny got his gun" (aka the One video) finally came out on DVD this week. You can also "instant stream it"
if you have Netfilx ? I watched it last night. It's deep ! All can say is "God bless nurse
stroke it" what a sweet heart.

anyway.. where was I ??
I can't beleive you have all those issues w/ your Truckster. I got mine brand new.
and it's nearly perfect, right out of the box. It was 3/64 action on the high E @ the
17th. w/ zero buzzing, and the straightest neck I've ever seen. Maybe I got lucky ?
My frets are beautifully bound and tight, The intonation was off just a hair on the
3rd string. But that was an easy fix. I rewired the guitar to my specs. and out the
13 guitars I own, It's in my top 3 as far as quality tune and playability.
Honestly I'm not a fan of KL... I'm sure they play amazing ? But I like (you gonna
laugh) ugly guitars. And his are just too f'n gorgeous.
In the meantime, if you're truly into "Het" guitars ? Fuck all the sig nonsense. Go on
Ebay and find a real 84' Gibson explorer. What he used during the Puppets tour. Back
when he was GOD. You can score one for $1k easy. I have a 84' that I've had since
88', and I just picked up a 84' reissue in Jan. That's more of an investment piece.
GOTW and all... But it still plays like a dream. As for my "real" 84' That's #1 !!
The greatest guitar I own. And a few other owners I've talked to, say the same thing
about there's. Now it not a sig, and dosn't cost $10,000. But if you find a white one
and write "so what" on some gaffers tape. Staits quo aside, you'll be the envy of the
week.

TALLICA

"Uncle Milty" ?? Het must have acquired the guitar from his gay lover Stephen Pearcy ?
Milton Berle was Pearcy's uncle and was in all the old Ratt videos.
Not to get too off topic, but for those of you how don't know. "Johnny got his gun" (aka the One video) finally came out on DVD this week. You can also "instant stream it"
if you have Netfilx ? I watched it last night. It's deep ! All can say is "God bless nurse
stroke it" what a sweet heart.

anyway.. where was I ??
I can't beleive you have all those issues w/ your Truckster. I got mine brand new.
and it's nearly perfect, right out of the box. It was 3/64 action on the high E @ the
17th. w/ zero buzzing, and the straightest neck I've ever seen. Maybe I got lucky ?
My frets are beautifully bound and tight, The intonation was off just a hair on the
3rd string. But that was an easy fix. I rewired the guitar to my specs. and out the
Honestly I'm not a fan of KL... I'm sure they play amazing ? But I like (you gonna
laugh) ugly guitars. And his are just too f'n gorgeous.
In the meantime, if you're truly into "Het" guitars ? Fuck all the sig nonsense. Go on
Ebay and find a real 84' Gibson explorer. What he used during the Puppets tour. Back
when he was GOD. You can score one for $1k easy. I have a 84' that I've had since
88', and I just picked up a 84' reissue in Jan. That's more of an investment piece.
GOTW and all... But it still plays like a dream. As for my "real" 84' That's #1 !!
The greatest guitar I own. And a few other owners I've talked to, say the same thing
about there's. Now it not a sig, and dosn't cost $10,000. But if you find a white one
and write "so what" on some gaffers tape. Staits quo aside, you'll be the envy of the
week.
:rollin:rollin:rollin I never finished my story about Uncle Milty. According to the online reports, "Uncle Milty" reportedly had the largest penis in Hollywood. Whether Het considers his 73 LPC Uncle Milty for that reason or another? I have no clue. It's not unheard of for a quitarist to name his "instrument". :lol

Yes, I did laugh about "you like ugly guitars". But just for a moment. You like what you like. Can't criticize someone for liking what they like.

The funny thing about my Truckster is that I just wanted the action lowered when I took it in.

A friend of mine did get an old antique white Gibson Explorer off of the bay for really cheap. He's had it for probably two years now and has had nothing but problems with it. Until he put EMG's in it and did the wiring himself. Here's a funny story for you. He got 85/60 set and unknowingly put the 85 in the neck position and the 60 in the bridge. Now that someone has brought it to his attention and he has switched them he has gone from a Flying V guy to an Explorer guy.

jkrlox

laugh) ugly guitars.

Mine has the neck perfect or near perfect also, the straightest neck I have ever seen, without buzzing.

Dark Alone

Some real winners in this thread.

Paul 777

a sphincter says what?

brideofdestruction

wtf!

TALLICA

OK gang, I have cancelled my order for the IC. I've come to the point that if I'm gonna pay over 5K for a guitar I better have a little more say in it than whos signature is on the headstock and what kind of design is behind the tailpiece.

frantic77

0]

TALLICA

Frantic....are you implying that I am an alien because I've decided to cancel my order for the IC??? Even at the price I was being given by my dealer whom was more than gracious I couldn't justify having a guitar for that price that was made by hand and machine.

emg32

Frantic....are you implying that I am an alien because I've decided to cancel my order for the IC??? Even at the price I was being given by my dealer whom was more than gracious I couldn't justify having a guitar for that price that was made by hand and machine.

All guitars are pretty much made by hand and machine. That doesn't really have anything to do with how great the guitar is but IMO you made a smart move of canceling if you were unsure about it. The Iron Crosses will be great built and playing guitars but the outrageous pricetag is what it is because it's a James Hetfield Sig. not because of the guitar itself. Looking at ESP's prices on the new Metallica sigs. compared to everything else more than proves that. I personally would take a one off Custom to your specs KL over the Iron Cross any day of the week and I am a HUGE Metallica fan.

To me there just has to be a point were you say it's not worth it even though you are a HUGE fan. ESP is banking on the Metallica fans to dish out the $$$$$$$$ just because they are fans. Until people stand up and quit paying these ridiculous prices then nothing will change. The last 3 Metallica Sigs. have been $10K MSRP.

load more replies (1 of 1)
metallifuk86

man this thread is great- tallica boi you are so funny man. on my used ESP truckster the inlays were all coming up and i had my guy glue them down. the LTD one that i'm selling i had the 3rd string go out of tune but it happened to be a wonky sperzel n got a replacement from ESP n now its perfect! Love it. I would not pay even $6k for the Iron Cross even tho im a huge HEt fanboy. I would def get a custom or another KL or even a bunch of cheaper really cool guitars...for $6k you could get 5 standard ESPs.

I'm sure the ICs play great, but not htat much better than a custom shop or standard series...one way to find out tho..i do wanna play one!

TALLICA

man this thread is great- tallica boi you are so funny man. on my used ESP truckster the inlays were all coming up and i had my guy glue them down. the LTD one that i'm selling i had the 3rd string go out of tune but it happened to be a wonky sperzel n got a replacement from ESP n now its perfect! Love it. I would not pay even $6k for the Iron Cross even tho im a huge HEt fanboy. I would def get a custom or another KL or even a bunch of cheaper really cool guitars...for $6k you could get 5 standard ESPs.

I'm sure the ICs play great, but not htat much better than a custom shop or standard series...one way to find out tho..i do wanna play one!

That's the beauty of the internet. You never really know when someone is serious or not.

Metallifuk, I'm glad you think I'm so funny. I think.

Although I may seem somewhat lacking in the knowledge of all of the intricacies of a guitar, you guys really have increased my knowledge in that arena.

Can we now stop posting to this thread so that it will just drop off the radar?

Thanks

sean106OCD

You might be able to.............8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o *puts foot in mouth*

Justinschut

dont overdo it Boi

TALLICA

dont overdo it Boi

Okay...forget the guitars...I'll just take the glazed donut.

frantic77

Nice KL! Thanks for the vote of confidence on the cancellation of the IC. I'll miss it but not that much.

What kind of wood is the body of that sexy little thing? Is that a maple top or something more exotic? Nice inlays!

mahogany body+quilted bubinga top

TALLICA

mahogany body+quilted bubinga top

I'm looking at a quilted maple top + mahogany body. Any comments on that selection as opposed to bubinga top or chechen?

Also....Frantic, how often do you use the fiber optic fret marker lights? What color are yours?

TALLICA

C'mon guys.... no opinions on the KL's???? I'm a bedroom player just like Frantic..... but I want a nice guitar. You think quilted maple would be the way to go???

sean106OCD

C'mon guys.... no opinions on the KL's???? I'm a bedroom player just like Frantic..... but I want a nice guitar. You think quilted maple would be the way to go???

I had 3 at one point. Amazing guitars. Best woods. Incredible attention to detail since it is made by ONE man and overall just plain sick. IMO the don't hold their value. Just as I have seen since the KL's I have owned or others, if you spend 7+K on it, you probably won't get that if you choose tos sell it. So if you buy one, you better keep it. I only got close to what I paid for one, my Bubinga one and I think that might be only because Ken made me an near replica of Jaymez bubinga sun inlay KL.

Gwedo

Dont know if anyone cares but alas its not happening! so get you $6000 ready if you want an Iron Cross!

Fordman65

HOLY shit ton of COA's. lol. I kinda feel bad for the dealers, ESP sold all those fuckers and they are going to be left hanging in a window or on a wall somewhere.

Get me a price of $3500 4k at the very very most and I might consider it. Just because I am a retarded fanboi. Even thats too much though.

rrrcustom

IMO, a quilted maple top would make the guitar sound more like what you're used to hearing. Bubinga, chechen, cocobolo all sound good, and similar to maple, but they're darker sounding, overall.

garyjfoster

i hade the grynch and it fucking ruled ...i had to sell it so i could go on tour in 2005...i miss that guitar...but i like my customized gibson explorer better

Post to Thread