Iron Cross Ltd - bit of info - not april fools ;P

Updated
Gwedo
Just been told that 18 are heading to the UK out of 150...........but it sounds very sketchy! Rumour is (as we all know I think) ESP showed Het the Ltd and he thought it was not beat up enough, apparently all the guitars are in the US getting more relicing done before being released. Going to by around the same price as the Ouija so £1700 RRP maybe more as the trip to the US must push the price up i guess I want one but at the same time thats 08 Les Paul Money :-/ how good was the Grynch LTD i never actually saw one?
TALLICA

Good point! I did try googling KL explorer and it comes up with Kim's site. I read the site through and through and Kim doesn't indicate on his site that he has anything to do with electric guitars. But maybe he likes Metallica and decided to try making an electric??? I just don't know. Maybe Frantic can clear all this up as he apparently has one KL Explorer and has recently ordered another.

BTW guitarsatbmusic~ I meant no disrepect to you or any of your countrymen.

frantic77

good luck with the URL

TALLICA

good luck with the URL

Frrrrantic......You knew this site wasn't up yet. Didn't you?? :mad:

Hook a brother up with a # or addy???:( PLEASE:D

R11GJH

Glad to help, James has had one of these since 1996 ish.

Fade To Black 1985

The one and only...

Pushead

TALLICA BOI, please calm down™.

HateEvent

There is a line in the UK ESP pricelist that states LTD Iron Cross - TBC.

I hope they don't bother.

TALLICA

Sorry Pushead! I'll calm down and I must apologize to the rest of the posters that had to witness my little tyrade. I just started collcecting guitars and and sometimes get a little overzealous about these kinds of things. Apologies all the way around. Wish me luck in getting a KL Explorer.

emg32

Sorry Pushead! I'll calm down and I must apologize to the rest of the posters that had to witness my little tyrade. I just started collcecting guitars and and sometimes get a little overzealous about these kinds of things. Apologies all the way around. Wish me luck in getting a KL Explorer.

Do you even play guitar or is it just about trying to collect Metallica guitars for you?

I am a big Metallica fan also but I personally can't see spending KL, ESP Iron Cross or ESP Ouija type of money just to have guitars like Hetfield/Hammett have.

load more replies (2 of 2)
Dark Alone

Collecting? Do you play?

load more replies (1 of 1)
OutlawTorn

^^ pics or didnt happen

TALLICA

^^ pics or didnt happen

If it happened than fuckin' A right for you! Just please tell us there was a raincoat involved! :p

Metallijosh

I play a little bit and I am a Metallica fan. More specifically a Hetfield fan. My passion for playing has just recently been rekindled and I would definitely classify myself as an amateur collector but a collector nonetheless. I won't buy anything with a tremolo system on it as I consider myself exclusively a rhythm guitar player and I just don't see the need for a tremolo so I don't think I will be collecting any KH's. My reasoning for the whole Kenneth Lawrence thing is that it is an absolutely beautiful guitar(does anyone disagree?) and I am an Explorer type of guy. I think I might just be willing to wait my whole life for one of those!

My ESP Explorer that I got in 96 I still play only limited though because Mr. Hetfield was gracious enough to sign it for me. As of right now my main guitar is a Truckster (which is currently in the hands of my guitar guy getting a micro-setup.). When I get my JH-2 in a couple of weeks I think that will probably become my guitar of choice. The JH-1 will probably go in to a display case somewhere in my house. The Flying-V IMO is a beautiful guitar as well it just doesn't work for me that well as a musician. So, it won't get much if any play time. All this of course may change when the IC arrives( who knows when, although I've heard that they are at least in the states now). My Truckster has awesome tone and I just love the sound of it. Clean or dirty. Admittedly, KL's and IC's are not cheap by any means, but I'm not married, have no kids or pets. Hell I don't even have a house plant. Might as well spend my hard earned money on something that gives me pleasure. I know what you may be thinking~~~ladies of the night??? Not for me, I'm not into the STD thing and if I'm gonna blow a WAD of money it might as well be on something that I will enjoy for a lifetime instead of regret for a lifetime.

If you have read this far.....congratulations!!! I probably would have given up on this one back at "I play a little bit and am a Metallica fan".

So, now that we've determined that I love Metallica and have a huge amount of respect for James Hetfield, can I have just a tiny bit of respect here on the ESP boards??? That's all I really wanted in the first place. (and some information). Thanks for putting up with me everyone!!!

TALLICA BOI

^^ pics or didnt happen

^^^This is a rule, you want respect then earn it.

Fade To Black 1985

Respect equals 'TALLICA BOI runs to his camera, takes pics of the JH's and post them on the ESP-board'!

Metallijosh

Respect equals 'TALLICA BOI runs to his camera, takes pics of the JH's and post them on the ESP-board'!

No, but it's a step in the right direction.

TALLICA

No, but it's a step in the right direction.

Baby steps guys...baby steps. ;)

Justinschut

since when does being a fanboy = respect

TALLICA

since when does being a fanboy = respect

Another fine point, although I'm not a "fanboy". Just a fan and part time wannabe musician. The BOI in my screen name is not in reference to "boy". You see, I'm in Boise, Idaho and I'm a "TALLICA" fan, the airport designator for Boise is BOI, hence the screen name "TALLICA BOI". I guess I could change it to TALLICA BOISE or just plain ol' TALLICA.

At any rate, here's some pics of my oldest girl. I got it in June of 97 from Johnny Guitar in Hollywood. James and Lars signed in 2004 in SLC. As for the rest of them? I should get my Truckster back from my guitar guy end of the week and the JH-2 should be on the way at the end of the week. JH-1 is currently being fitted for her new glass display case. As for the IC, obviously I can't take a pic of it yet, but I can take a pic of the sales receipt for the down payment.:\

Gwedo

ow ow ow my explorers signed by Hetfield tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :p :) ;)

Regaerding the Iron Cross LTD dont sound like is happening, spoken to the UK distributer they have had no updates news or anything in months :-/

MetallibangeR

:lol

Ozwepaie

What the hell is a "micr-set up" ?? Whatever... Good to know you figured what KL
stands for. I can see by your posts, your ..... well ... passionate.
But honestly.. The IC is so not worth that kind of $.
I have a Truckster, and it's a great guitar. I didn't buy it because it's a "PAPA Het"
guitar. It's an eclipse w/ the 4 control LP set-up, and it looks like a beat to hell POS.
And I like that :)
I will say it's well worth the $1600. I paid for it.
Personally, owning 2 ESP's and 1 LTD. I'd never pay more that 2K for one.
If you're a collector & you have the $, then go for it I guess ? I just think it silly.
Play what you like. And besides, Het turned gay after Justice.
Writes for paycheck and sings like the Macho Man.
Nothing else matters...... except the green !!

TALLICA

What the hell is a "micr-set up" ?? Whatever... Good to know you figured what KL
I have a Truckster, and it's a great guitar. I didn't buy it because it's a "PAPA Het"
guitar. It's an eclipse w/ the 4 control LP set-up, and it looks like a beat to hell POS.
If you're a collector & you have the $, then go for it I guess ? I just think it silly.

A "minor-setup" is where they check more than just the intonation and action of a guitar. At least my guitar guy thinks so. He smoothed and buffed the frets down so now the frets don't feel like they are protruding from the side of the neck, lowered the action on it (considerably) to just above sitting on the frets (without any buzzing or "fretting out", found that the nut was a little low and addressed that, leveled the frets and addressed LOOSE FRETS, Yes there were several LOOSE frets on my Truckster (the joys of getting a mass-produced guitar), Re-glued the inlay on the first fret which would occasionally protrude above the fret-board. Oh yeah, he also put new strings on it. :lol It now plays considerably more smooth and easier. When I picked it up, I took my EXP (see pics above) in to see if there was anyway I could preserve the signatures on it and still be able to play it. Not really. So my EXP is retired. Maybe I should sell it for a dollar on the bay?? :D Maybe then I'll be able to afford something "I like to play"? Such as another EXP???

This was an eye opening experience into the world of ESP for me. IMO they (ESP) are building for the paycheck (not the passion). I was surprised to find out how many things were wrong with a guitar that I had picked up brand new!

So, please tell me, how much would you consider the IC to be worth?

I do play what I like. My first guitar was a Fender Lead II. I loved that guitar. Unfortunately I decided I didn't like the color of it and thought I was some kind of luthier and tried to repaint it. Let's just say that was another eye-opening experience. I shouldn't have fucked with a good thing!

I am a collector. An amateur one, but a collector nonetheless. I would love to have an original Gretsch White Falcon, but since I don't have an extra $30,000.00- $50,000.00 lying around.....

As for you thinking "Hetfield turned gay after Justice"....you are entitled to your opinion and I thank you for sharing it.

TALLICA

BTW, since finding out what KL stands for, I have spoken to him twice about getting one of his guitars. He is a very cool guy! Turn around time for one of his guitars is from 6 months (at the earliest) to 2+ years. All dependent on intricacies of inlays and types of woods to be used. And yes I am seriously considering ordering one! I love those guitars! The way he brings out the natural beauty in the woods he uses....gorgeous!

Luca

If there's going to be ltd version of the IC, I think it's going to sell big here in europe.

Be gentle with me cause I'm a newbe with Hetfield's guitars ;) What does the "UM73" engraving means at the back of the guitar?

TALLICA

If there's going to be ltd version of the IC, I think it's going to sell big here in europe.

Be gentle with me cause I'm a newbe with Hetfield's guitars ;) What does the "UM73" engraving means at the back of the guitar?

From what I understand the "UM" is in reference to Uncle Milty or Milton Berle, and the "73" is in reference to James's original Iron Cross which I believe is a '73 Gibson Les Paul Classic. Now I could be wrong, I'm just basing this off of what I have read in searches I have done on the internet.

Welcome to the boards Luca!

Justinschut

Kl > Ic.

TALLICA

Kl > Ic.

agreed. Maybe I should have the inlays say "TALLICA BOI AKA MR. GULLIBLE" Think that would fit on the neck?

Post to Thread