Iron Cross Ltd - bit of info - not april fools ;P

Updated
Gwedo
Just been told that 18 are heading to the UK out of 150...........but it sounds very sketchy! Rumour is (as we all know I think) ESP showed Het the Ltd and he thought it was not beat up enough, apparently all the guitars are in the US getting more relicing done before being released. Going to by around the same price as the Ouija so £1700 RRP maybe more as the trip to the US must push the price up i guess I want one but at the same time thats 08 Les Paul Money :-/ how good was the Grynch LTD i never actually saw one?
Metallijosh

Thanks but I'll stick to my Edwards, once I find a real cross for it it'll look better than the ESP one.

Gwedo

How do you know, noone has seen it ;)

qwank

Thanks but I'll stick to my Edwards, once I find a real cross for it it'll look better than the ESP one.

pics?

emg32

Just been told that 18 are heading to the UK out of 150...........but it sounds very sketchy! Rumour is (as we all know I think) ESP showed Het the Ltd and he thought it was not beat up enough, apparently all the guitars are in the US getting more relicing done before being released.

Going to by around the same price as the Ouija so £1700 RRP maybe more as the trip to the US must push the price up i guess

I want one but at the same time thats 08 Les Paul Money :-/ how good was the Grynch LTD i never actually saw one?

I'd guess eventually they will release them if ESP and Hetfield can agree on the looks. IMO they aren't worth that pricetag for a Ltd. model.

The Grynch had a good paint job but other than that it felt and looked cheap IMO but they still weren't bad for around $800 when they came out new. The used prices on the Grynch are way overpriced to me.

Gwedo

WEll if the ltd cross rrp is around £1700 its going to be way over $2000 is the US

emg32

WEll if the ltd cross rrp is around £1700 its going to be way over $2000 is the US

Yeah, I'm going to pay over $2000 for a Ltd. :lol

load more replies (1 of 1)
sean106OCD

I agree the price for an LTD version is silly.

But IMO the grynch sounded and played great. I only to compare it to the VB-400 and it blew it away. Had the cleans I love of course and had mad crunch. The afterburner was useless IMO. Paintjob was pretty cool too IMO

Fixxer6671

Just make your own. For 2k...forgetaboutit

TALLICA

I hope they don't come out with an LTD version of the IC! There should be no comparison. Either you can afford the 7-10 K for the original or go buy an LTD KH-somethin' somethin'! IMO of course. Once I get my IC I don't want to even know that there is a version out there that's poorly made and sells for less because it was made in another country besides Japan. Please guys, stick to the original plan of 30 for the States and 40 for Europe. Can't wait to see what kind of uproar this produces on this thread. ;)

Justinschut

.....TALLICA BOI?

....Really ?

TALLICA

.....TALLICA BOI?

....Really ?

Huh?

sean106OCD

The LTD prices have gone up.

sean106OCD

JMO, but I am wondering if because the silly price that they won't automatically sell. I just talked to my other main guy about this ESP version to see if also was gonna sell it at list. He normally orders all the limited stuff etc.....he said he did not even order one because no one wanted it! LOL

frantic77

just like me!i really wanted a IC but when i got the price from my dealer i said no thanks.
now i am ordering a KL explorer.

konan

just like me!i really wanted a IC but when i got the price from my dealer i said no thanks.

another one?:)

emg32

I was the same way. I was hoping all along that James would do the IC with Gibson and make it the real Iron Cross but knowing that wasn't happening and ESP was going to do I still was interested.

I then saw the price and real life pics of the guitar and just laughed. I actually contacted several dealers also just to see what they were going to be pricing them at. Some were list and some would come down but it was still way to much for that guitar IMO.

Good luck to guys that do buy them but IMO they are not even close to being worth that pricetag for me. I'd actually be willing to pay $3500-$4000 if Gibson had done it but for ESP to jump in and make a clone it just wasn't for me unless they were going to be $3000 or less.

Congrats on the KL order Frantic. IMO that is a way better choice than throwing the money into a ESP IC.

TALLICA

What the hell is a KL Explorer?? Is it the one with the cool looking headstock and wood grain type finish?

TALLICA

Probably a silly question: but how in the hell would one go about getting ahold of these??? I've seen him playing that guitar at live gigs for years and have always wondered what it was and of course was way to nervous and too limited on time to remember to ask him about it when I met him in Nov. 2004.

Dark Alone

Tallica Boi.

:rollin

TALLICA

I just emailed KL guitars in Australia as that seems to be where KIM Lissarrague operates out of!

guitarsatbmusic

What????? Kim Lissarrague makes classical guitars. You're not for real are you?

TALLICA

I am aware that Kim Lissarrague makes only classical guitars made from the highest quality materials available, each instrument is individually hand crafted to impeccable standards, producing a unique and beautiful instrument! Then who in the hell makes the KL Explorers that are being talked about and shown in this thread?? Yeah, guitarsatbmusic I am for real. If you would care to explain to me where James's KL Explorer was made I would be more than happy to listen.

I was hesitant to join this fucking forum for this exact reason! SOME of the posters are just a bunch of dicks that are wanting to bitch about prices of guitars or quality or whatever. I'm sure that is not what ESP created this forum for. I joined so I could talk with fellow guitar enthusiasts. Wanna ban me?? Fuckin' do it!! I don't give a shit!!

guitarsatbmusic

I am aware that Kim Lissarrague makes only classical guitars made from the highest quality materials available, each instrument is individually hand crafted to impeccable standards, producing a unique and beautiful instrument! Then who in the hell makes the KL Explorers that are being talked about and shown in this thread?? Yeah, guitarsatbmusic I am for real. If you would care to explain to me where James's KL Explorer was made I would be more than happy to listen.

I was hesitant to join this fucking forum for this exact reason! SOME of the posters are just a bunch of dicks that are wanting to bitch about prices of guitars or quality or whatever. I'm sure that is not what ESP created this forum for. I joined so I could talk with fellow guitar enthusiasts. Wanna ban me?? Fuckin' do it!! I don't give a shit!!

Don't start on me. Put KL Explorer into Google and find the maker. Why would Kim Lissarrague make an Explorer? I am Australian, like Kim Lissarrague, hence why I am flabbergasted you'd think it were he who built them. ESP also didn't create the forum to sell KL or Kim Lissarrague guitars either, this being the ESP Signature Series Discussion section and all ;)

TALLICA

what do you mean Dark? Are you implying that I'm not being adult??

frantic77

:confused:

Post to Thread