Old KH202 vs New KH202

Updated
Viz
I have a question about this "two models":Its the same guitar;the same quality?Because the old KH202 was made in Korea and the new one in China,emg hz h4 vs emg esp p.u,black hardware vs nickel....And in esp catalogs you can see a big space between the kh602 and the kh202... I think that the korean version its better than china new model :o
klormach

I thought all sub-400 series guitars were made in Indonesia, not Korea? (a few years ago at least)

1point8t

I had a Korean model from 02 or so, I thought it was great for the money I paid. The EMG HZ's sounded better to my ears than the newer ESP LH300's or whatever they are. The fretboards seem a lot drier and cheap looking on the newer Chinese models, but the Chinese model has one feature I dig over the Korean ones... an unpainted neck.

OutlawTorn

I had a Korean model from 02 or so, I thought it was great for the money I paid. The EMG HZ's sounded better to my ears than the newer ESP LH300's or whatever they are. The fretboards seem a lot drier and cheap looking on the newer Chinese models, but the Chinese model has one feature I dig over the Korean ones... an unpainted neck.

+1 ive noticed that as well, the chinese KH202 has a big time "cheaper" feel to the guitar imo

Mark K.

I have a KH-202 from korea. has the HZ H4's...black hardware...replaced the LFR with OFR and I sanded the neck down...so mine is just pure WIN

Harry H.

Hi Mark ..  Greetings how are you going ?

I have Chinese LTD Kh202 ...quality was not upto mark of a $800 guitar ....so I  upgraded pickups in it . I m thinking of swapping the tremolo LFR with OFR. Could you please let me know if it fits and do I need to drill or route ? Is it worth upgrading to OFR ? 

load more replies (2 of 2)
Cogan C.

Ha, a Frankenstrat! Those are the best guitars! I had one too but sold it and I've been kicking myself in the a*s for ten years!

Post to Thread