Has anyone figured out what was behind the JH-2 with long serial numbers?

Updated
Has anyone figured out what was behind the JH-2 with long serial numbers?
I have one with serial # 35689, bought roughly 10 years ago. I was always wondering how many were made. I heard only a few, but I believe it was way more than that. I saw serial # from the low 35,000s to the low 36,000s. Any info on that? Thanks....
vdubs75

Come on! Anyone?

frantic77

Top Secret!

vdubs75

Funny.....I guess I'm not the only one with that guitar. Nobody interested?

frantic77

i have JH-2 #079 and i really would like to know more about it but
i've never found anything related

vdubs75

I bought it back in Germany and the guy at the guitar shop told me the same story everyone was told (build from spare parts) but I doubt it. I do not really know if the 5 digit serial # are sequential for all explorer shaped guitars or for all ESP guitars that are manufactured. I actually found only 5 different JH-2 with the 5 digit serials so far, but with the serials spread over a range of 1000: 35140, 35689, 35719, 36137, 36168. It's hard to believe that those are the only 5 that were supposedly manufactured. Somehow you do not get any information on them.

frantic77

mine #079 is the 33733
my frinds #080 is 3374x ,can't remeber exactly.

uwe

Mine is the S/N 36137. Bought it in Germany too. It came with the COA saying it is one out of the 200 JH-2. There is a label on the rearside of the headstock "made in Japan". I heard that most of the JH-2 have been built by ESP in the US. Maybe the long S/N are for those which have been manufactured in Japan, but I am not sure.

frantic77

no,all are japanese!

Post to Thread