Black Truckster - small amount of info here lol

Updated
Gwedo
I met Metallica yesterday at Reading, i won a meet and greet pass via Metclub :) I wanted to ask James about the Truckster as it might be my next guitar and basically he obviously couldent say anything lol he said "i got one its cool....its mine hahahahah" Then he said "I have something really cool coming out" but thats all i got out of him, to be honest the way he reacted i dont think its a truckster Not much help but there is somthing coming....what i dont know
Justinschut

Het needs something pointy... no more Eclipses

Dan

Something tells me it's James's 25th anniversary with the company in 2009. Hello 12k dollar Eclipse!

kirk19

yeah I am thinking +-12k also. I just cant get it why people pay that kind of money for a guitar. The truckster for example was a great guitar sound wise and was not that expensive. I would like esp making an affordable guitar, not a 10k one like the kh-20 which, by the way, did not sound better then a kh2 nt or a vintage kh2. I also have contacts here in europe and they also heard rumours from japan on what its going to be but I fear for the price...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Gwedo

12K! better not be, ive waited so long for a Hetfield sig and this is my change as i work in a music store but even trade on that will be daft

PhantomsRock

It can't be his 25th anni with ESP, he started using them on Justice. Since that came out in 89 that's 20 years, the MOD really fucked me up though! haha I was wondering what the shape would be, but no "lawsuit" guitars has really got me scratching my head! Eh, maybe I'll have to buy my first sig guitar next year. Unless it's the price of the KH-20....then I'll just play one at a store and go "oh, not bad" and call it a day haha. Not worth it at all.

OutlawTorn

12K....for an eclipse....i wouldnt pay for....for an explorer, now that i would have to consider! but as the mod stated..."no lawsuit":(

Pushead

That actually is a good question. What type of price point are we looking at here? Are we looking in the "normal" sig price ranges ($2k to $4k) or are we looking in the uber-rare / mortgage the house range?

I'm willing to take PM's on the hush, hush if no one wants to post it here.

OutlawTorn

im hopeing for a "normal range", the Het-20 would have to be insanely epic for me to spend over 10K for a guitar, let a lone a signature guitar....btw off topic anyone see or hear anything about KL LP?

kirk19

It will all depend on how much guitars they will be making of the new hetfield sig. Less then 100 means empty your wallets, an unlimited amount would be more fun because I would really want one if its something nice

ESP

Expect "normal range", not KH-20 range.

Pushead

Expect "normal range", not KH-20 range.

Awesome! Thanks MOD, you can tell the execs to put me down for one. And Sean for seven at different points over the next 3 years.

8o

Justinschut

nice :D

Gwedo

Im so proud of my thread, ESP have given more information on this thread than any other ....do i get a gold star :p

Dear Mr ESP.................is it black? :P

nameless

I hope there's an LTD model :lol

I'm almost as poor as Lucky13.. :(

Neither Mod or Shane have said anything about it not being a black truckster, but I'm not getting a paticularly black truckster-ish vibe.. Can either of them impart on us a vague date (a month?) when we'll be getting new informationz?

sean106OCD

I hope there's an LTD model :lol

I'm almost as poor as Lucky13.. :(

Neither Mod or Shane have said anything about it not being a black truckster, but I'm not getting a paticularly black truckster-ish vibe.. Can either of them impart on us a vague date (a month?) when we'll be getting new informationz?

I heard beggining of next year. 8o

nameless

*counts pennies*

:p

Pushead

:lol

Hi Sean!

sean106OCD

:lol

Hi Sean!

:D:D:D Hi Phil! :)

ouija

so is there an availability date yet?

nameless

There'd better be an LTD!!!!!

emg32

There'd better be an LTD!!!!!

If it's limited, I wouldn't count on a Ltd. version. All of the other limited Hetfield sigs. have not had a alternate version. The GRYNCH was all Ltd.'s.

Justinschut

Well, think about it.. it does make sense since James has been playing a lot of Vipers lately

no, wait......

he hasnt.

Post to Thread