KH series

Updated
Hamer098
Hey guys which one of the Kirk Hammett signature series would you reccomend KH-202, KH-203 or the old KH-502?? Also which one would be the easiest to tweak out (like active EMG's and an original FR)
1point8t

Bang for the buck, the 502. You can buy those all day long on ebay for the price of a new(er) KH202 or 203. You get the sustain and playability of the neck thru design, and better overall build quality. You can add EMGs as you wish, and an original Floyd will drop right in without any mods. Some of the 502's only have the skull and crossbones all the way up the neck, where most of them only have that inlay at the 12th fret. Just something to consider...

Hamer098

Well there is one in a local store in SD and it plays quite nice, i didnt tried the 202 or 203 yet. Anyone else?

Butch

def bang for buck

Kase63

502 is the way to go. I bought the Kh-502 w/EMG 81/85 used @ guitarcenter for no more than $400. Its an older model of the kh-602s 

Skoggy

I really hope he found out what he wanted and that he's not still on the lookout, six years and seven months later.

ESP 348

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I searched and found this one and it will do.

I watched a random Facebook video yesterday, Nothing Else Matters from 2006 played in Seoul.

We may have discussed this here before, but it doesn't ring a bell for me.

I just noticed Kirk's "main" KH2 at the time had scalloped frets. You can see them easily in the video. I just did some screen dumps to post here.

You can see the scallops, the lack of serial number on the back of the headstock and the heavily worn neck.

I thought Kirk's first scalloped guitar came around 2010 or 2011 and the KH2-SE came not long after that.

Anyway, all good. Just thought I would share for those interested in taking a look.

ESP 348

Anyone interested in an guitar neck that was attached to an LTD guitar once played by Kirk in Canada in 1997?

Kirk smashes the guitar and hands it to security who hands it to a fan in the crowd.

There are plenty of pics and video in the link.

https://reverb.com/item/31794010-kirk-hammett-owned-esp-ltd-smashed-by-metallica

Post to Thread