KH-2 Mummy

Updated
Jordan J.

I wrote to ESP before asking if I could order one of these and they said they can't because Kirk owns the rights to the art, I'm wondering if we get enough people on here letting him know WE WANT THIS GUITAR!!!! Wheather he might change his mind? It's worth noting that there are a lot of people making fakes of this already, I feel it's only fair ESP get to make their own standard run edition.

Justin C.

I asked the same question regarding the Ouija board KH-2...of course Hasbro owns the rights. And ESP won't try to make KH-2 "mummy" guitars, because that would mean they would have to pay Kirk Hammett money. So, Kirk wouldn't mind if ESP made those guitars (because who doesn't like getting money), however, ESP would mind...because, like every corporation,  they don't like spending money they don't have to.

Jordan J.

Unlike all the other signature guitars they make?!

Justin C.

Well, kirk hammett doesn't own the rights to the design of the other signature series guitars, because they don't have a graphic on them. They are usually rather plain. My point was that Kirk Hammett would most likely be ok with a KH-2 Mummy being on the market, but ESP would have to dish out extra money...because of the graphic (which is owned by Mr. hammett). Same goes with the Ouija guitar, but Hasbro owns the rights to that one. 

load more replies (1 of 1)
Dr. Tongue

There once was a superbly talented guy around the second last forum that could have customised any KH-2 to a Mummy, Ouija etc.  I reckon Bill deserves an official thread to all the great work he did for the members here, now that it is a permanent forum and all. 

DanieLibuy

I made a thread about Bill but nobody cared. Regards.

Sephiroth

Does Bill still post on these boards or does anyone have his contact details?

matt b.

Dont hold your breath on that one.

Travis L.

Maybe Kirk just wants to have a one of a kind instrument that isn't available to the public...for once lol but I'm pretty sure there will be a Mummy guitar eventually.

DanieLibuy

ESP won't like to spend more money on a Signature guitar I think, maybe they could make a limited run of'em (50 or 100 guitars, who knows...), like happened with the Ouija model. 

Regards.

Richard A.

They'd more likely do 10 and charge $20,000 for them :P

Corey Y.

My name is Corey and I am in constant contact with a friend who runs a guitar company and he's consistantly building and shipping the replications of the KH-2  Boris Karloff The Mummy. And at a considerably modest price considering. 

Jordan J.

Sorry, are you offering rip off esp's for sale on the esp website?! Lol thanks for the offer, but im really only intrested in the real thing, not an Ali express special.

Corey Y.

No clue honestly what goes into the production of these esp knock offs. I am only sure of their playability And how close to the original they appear to be. Wasn't marketing for anybody, but if a person had to have one, there are other avenues to explore because after this many years I still haven't seen one attempt at an official mummy re-issue...

Sephiroth

Is there template for this graphic? Is there a certain material it should be printed on? I was thinking if I could get the graphic made properly, I could then give it to my local guitar guy who could apply it to my KH-2.

I saw one on e-bay already done but I didn't think the guitar looked in that good of a condition, and would prefer to have it done to my existing guitar instead.

Adam C.

We have one here at Music Emporium in New York.  It is MINT.  Check it out on facebook/nymusicemporium

Skoggy

Really? ...and ESP did the artwork on it? All paperwork included?

powerchord

i asked Kirk at a meet and greet last year.  i said please release the mummy - lol.  he told me forget it, not going to happen. and we talked about the fakes on ebay.  he wasnt amused by it at all.

vipprimo

I would have loved to seen a video of that conversation.  

Dave R.

It's not 'not available' by choice. There would be legal issues tied to releasing a production model with copywritten material (names, likenesses, brands etc).

lec0rsaire

Kirk has said repeatedly that there will never be a Mummy release. It's his special guitar and that's the end of the story. I fell In love with it the first time I saw it back in '97 or so. The WZ is cool, but the LTD version they released is garbage. Bolt-on, no paint on the pickups, cheap looking maple neck. The case is cool and the graphic is cool and the resale will go up for sure later on, but it's not worth it like the LTD Ouija was or even the regular KH-602 is. The 602'is a much better built guitar for the money. Best bet is to get a 602 or KH-2 NTB and have a professional artist paint it for you. I've seen some well done paint jobs out there. Stay away from the decals.

James A.

I find my tastes the exact oppisite as yours. I didn't like the 602 frame, it felt like a 400.00 model to me. But, everyone has their own opinion and intitled to it.

Fast

If funds are no object honestly what someone should do is order from the custom shop a KH-2 but have them put the Eye of Horus in the fret board like Kirk's mummy and then do some research and take the guitar to get professionally air-brushed by an artist. I've seen some great replicas but they always have the skull and crossbones in the frets which just doesnt look right

Mojow jojow

Well this one is epic

Donnie Wright

Just ordered a White Zombie model. Already own a Iron Cross, which plays and sounds outstanding. I am a huge old horror flick, monster movie fan and I own almost all of them. By far Borris Karloff was my favorite and I would love to have one like Kirks but if he want release the rights then I will just save up, go to the custom shop and create my own and then share it with the world. You can't take anything with you, even your guitar, when you die, so sharing it with others is a true way to honor friends, family and fans. Another year maybe and I will have an original Mummy Guitar - might even make it from a snake bite!!!

Donnie Wright

Just received my LTD Snow White Snakebyte today. I am currently feeling my teeth loosen from the thunderous, gritty, growling, supersonic sound of the EMGs and solid Snakebyte piece of wood. It's like something with teeth and claws forcing its way out of my amp

AK

Here is mine:

Kultschar

Awesome.  How did you get it done?

ESP 348

Looks awesome man!  

Carlos A.

Looks like another great Job of Guillaume

AK

Thanks. Yes it was done by G.

Post to Thread